The online racing simulator

Poll : What Team Where Strongest This Weekend?

Closed since :
Renault
McLaren
Ferrari
Williams
BMW Sauber
ForceIndia
RedBull
Honda
TorroRosso
Toyota
Grerat race from Alonso, he's been threatening to do something like that a few times this year, and it's great to see him on the top of the podium. I know a lot of people decided Alonso was a twat last year, but I still think he's a fantastic racing driver!

Also, good result for Hamilton, but if Ferrari hadn't cocked it up, Massa probably would have still beaten him. But hey, that's racing.
I am just glad Hamilton didn't push on the last few laps to beat Rosberg as he could of put the car into the wall. 3rd was better then nothing as it extended his lead over Massa, he didn't have to win, just needed to get the points really plus he has to make sure his engine lasts for the next GP and they he can get a new one for the last two races.
Quote from zeugnimod :Massa didn't do anything wrong in the pitstop.

I think at some point he should have seen he was squeezing a Force India although it was not his fault he left too early. I am really amazed he did not get penalised for that.
Thing about Massa is, if anything goes wrong, he gives up. Today showed that even more so. He might be quick, but there is still one more stereotype he needs to get rid of.

Quote from Joris :I think at some point he should have seen he was squeezing a Force India although it was not his fault he left too early. I am really amazed he did not get penalised for that.

He did, just not the same as valencia
Quote from BenjiMC :Thing about Massa is, if anything goes wrong, he gives up. Today showed that even more so. He might be quick, but there is still one more stereotype he needs to get rid of.

He's a hotlapper, not a true racer.
Quote from chanoman315 :Well, they have the best out there, really, but making those mistakes it's because you are desperate... I would fire Hamilton for loosing the championship like he did last year.
Massa was perfect, except for the pitstop, i couldnt believe it.

He spun and went against the barrier.. And caused Fisichella's accident IRC..
Quote from Joris :I think at some point he should have seen he was squeezing a Force India although it was not his fault he left too early. I am really amazed he did not get penalised for that.

He got a drive-through for unsafe pit release. And it wasn't his fault. The unsafe release and for taking out the guy. The thing was stuck and the green light went on when he floored it. So blame the guy who pressed the button to put the green light on. Also, he didn't back off because he was kinda in front of the other guy but it was unsafe that he even came out of there until it was clear. But he did get his penalty for that.

And I agree with you Benji.
so nice to finally see sparks comming out of the back again (not that any of the hamilton fanboys here will know what im talking about)

Quote from Hyperactive :Robserg

isnt that a finnish name technically?
Quote from evilpimp :So blame the guy who pressed the button to put the green light on.

Is there even a human that does that or is it fully automatic?

Not that it matters, I doubt Ferrari will decide to/be allowed to keep using it.
Quote from zeugnimod :Is there even a human that does that or is it fully automatic?

Nope it is manual.
Quote from Shotglass :isnt that a finnish name technically?

Keke Rosberg is finnish. His son, Niko Robserg however, is not
It's manual like Sam said. Theres a guy who presses on a button to say that it's done. IIRC each pit crew member has a button and then theres the guy thats in charge of giving the green light for the driver once they've all pressed the button and that he checked that its clear.
Quote from zeugnimod :Not that it matters, I doubt Ferrari will decide to/be allowed to keep using it.

they found a lollipop somewhere and used it for all the later pitstops during the race
I think it was a stupid idea, but the idea has back fired, the lollipop is the best option imo.
Quote from sam93 :Nope it is manual.

The override is iirc, but nothing else... So when the one guy operating the override is sleeping...
Quote from sam93 :I think it was a stupid idea, but the idea has back fired, the lollipop is the best option imo.

That thing is a little more effective than a lollipop but... only when it works BMW tested it but they said it was very dangerous (and they were right, look at what happened today...)
Quote from Joris :He's a hotlapper, not a true racer.

Yes because a "hotlapper" who is not a "true racer" would really be able to beat 18 other drivers on the field in Formula 1.

And tell me.. When did Massa give up in that race?
He gave up in the sense that it looked like he gave up... He seemed hopeless, doing quite a bit of mistakes, not concentrating anymore... Just looked like he gave up...

Everytime someone goes bad for him it just gets worst. He doesn't seem to be able to leave it behind and focus on getting back to the front.
I can agree there the way you put it, but he has made some excellent comebacks from the back or from a ruined qualifying. At the same time, he hasn't.
Quote from aoun :he has made some excellent comebacks from the back or from a ruined qualifying.

When?

This is a serious question, I just can't remember when he did that.
Australia and Britain last year. But that's just looking at stats.
Alonso has reminded us that he may make stupid comments, but he is still a fantastic driver. That Renault has no right to even be on the podium this season, let alone winning races, so to take a win from 15th on the grid in a dry race on a street track is simply stunning, even with a bit of help from the safety car.

Oh and this race has really set a new standard for circuits, and it really made Valencia look like a parade around a dusty carpark in comparison. I loved every minute of that race, seeing the cars bouncing about with sparks flying up from under the cars, and blue flames erupting out of the exhausts as they changed down gears was brilliant. If they sort out the pitlane entry then I think this track will be up there with Monaco and Spa as a driver favourite and a fan favourite.
Quote from Intrepid :Anyone else notice Alonso cut the chicane at T1 at the start gaining 4 places, and CRUCIALLY only giving 2 places back... but where's the investigation?

rules is rules!!!! has to be a 25 second penalty! That's if we want to stay consistant!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cb1kTtsixc

edit: hhmm... debate is to be had me thinks! would like to see a full onboard

Quote from Intrepid :from another forum

bunch of pictures

So?

Alonso cut, yes. After the cut at least four cars passed him, which appear to be the cars he got ahead of during the cut. The only one who didn't was Button, who got overtaken by a Williams and one of the Red Bulls. If Alonso was to yield, he would have had to yield to a bunch of cars he didn't pass, which is completely unfair.
Quote from Joris :He's a hotlapper, not a true racer.

what, in the first half of the season he has statistically completed more overtaking then anyone.
Quote from evilpimp :He gave up in the sense that it looked like he gave up... He seemed hopeless, doing quite a bit of mistakes, not concentrating anymore... Just looked like he gave up....

how very scientific.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG