The online racing simulator
In praise of Blackwood
(43 posts, started )
#26 - JJ72
Blackwood is outright boring.

but Blackwood reverse, is a totally different track.
<bump>

The best circuit in LFS
it is fantastic...
a variation with out the chicane after T1 and placing it under the bridge or something would be keen.
just a different variation.
no in all honesty FernBay is a masterpiece as well.
Yea well.. it's also had the longest lifetime in LFS so it ought to be the best! lol

But hey, it's made it a far far way!
tbh i prefer the blackwood from before the y remake. It had a beautiful flow to it. This one invloves just a bit too much braking imo.
Blackwood reverse is probably the best track in LFS. Too bad I suck on it Both esses are awesome due to the way elevation flows in reverse, and entering the chicane after the long straight is also tense.
If I had to think of one thing to make Blackwood better, it would be moving the start/finish line.

I think if the S/F was on the straight with the pit entrance, or on the long straight after the chicane, it would make for a great time. It would fix the T1 jumble in the chicane, because it would be a little more spread out by then.

And if I had a little more leeway, I would put a kink in the long straight, just to take out a little of the boring...
Wow!
I love the Blackwood track especially going round in XFG's.

Im not very fast but its still a good track.
Quote from rjm1982 :And if I had a little more leeway, I would put a kink in the long straight, just to take out a little of the boring...

I think the straight makes a good place to set-up an overtake, especially if you get a good exit from the chicane.
My favourite element of Blackwood is the straight. Yes we all know the braking points in the car of our choice, but it ALWAYS feels random....you jam the brakes and hope to Christ the car stops.

It's an amazing sim.
Quote from LFSn00b :Actually, i think Aston National is more like "The Dust_2 of LFS" because both are overused a bit.

De_dust2 is the most used map on CS and CSS because its one of the fairest - any team can win. Aston National is just crap and people do it because its full throttle apart from like 4 corners.
Quote from [DUcK] :Agreed blackwood is a fun track, well made. It looks even better with the hi-res textures from lfs database

which one? the black tarmac one? Thats the one i have downloaded and i dont like it, too dark.

Or is the a better one?
#39 - MR_B
Quote from Ahriman4891 :Blackwood reverse is probably the best track in LFS.

I deffinitely prefer it to the normal layout, it's harder to go fast.
Quote from petercollins :My favourite element of Blackwood is the straight. Yes we all know the braking points in the car of our choice, but it ALWAYS feels random....you jam the brakes and hope to Christ the car stops.

It's an amazing sim.

It isnt really a good idea to stop the car on the track.
Which is ironic, seeing I'm much quicker in BL Rev, then BL1. However, I enjoy driving BL Rev a lot more too. It's a very fun track, especially in the slower cars, that T1 complex thingie just makes it for me, and braking from top speed through the chicane, is fun, especially because it creates more passing opportunities (and blocking opportunities) than the forward direction.
Yeah, BL1R is (one of) the best tracks in LFS. Only AS North comes close.
#43 - senn
i actually quite enjoy the south city tracks especially in the lighter cars when u hit a railway line/bump the wrong way and u can end up sliding towards a barrier at a fair pace (usually 160kmh+ in my experience lol) snap oversteer is a bitch, but i still love those tracks

Or when u misjudge the braking points coming down the hill in south city and u end up understeering off, or that tricky new chicane/narrow bit when the track is going the other way, with the bump mid corner
nasssssssty almost always catches me out

In praise of Blackwood
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG