The online racing simulator
Another school shooting in finland..
(112 posts, started )
Quote from hyntty :No. The police can't get to youtube... among other unsuitable sites, like hotmail

That's sorta why the domestic affairs minister should resign

So they have some kind of psychic in the police there or why did they had to speak with him earlier?
Maybe the world press is just not reliable (as you can find articles like this everywhere):
Quote :"Just hours after the massacre Finland's Interior Minister Anne Holmlund revealed that police had questioned Saari on Monday about a video posted on YouTube that showed him shooting his weapon at a firing range, but police had not deemed him enough of a threat to withdraw his gun licence."

Quote from J@tko :But if his parents had brought him up properly, then he would wouldn't have gone and shot some people, surely, even if he did have a gun.

You sound so sure of the influence of upbringing on kids' behaviour. I bet you don't have kids yourself.

As with any tragedy, there were 100s of ways that this could have been prevented.
If the parents had done things differently...
If his teachers had ...
If his friends had ...
If the police had ...
Still, it does happen now and then. Nobody's found a cure for insanity yet. And we'll never know how many times things almost went wrong, but didn't. Because the parents/teachers/friends/police did make the right decisions. It doesn't get in the papers.

But this kid did get in the papers. Front page news, the world over. As did Columbine, and Virginia Tech. Next time a kid feels desperate, he'll remember.

I don't think you can stop people from going mad, and wanting to kill. I don't think you can stop the media (alas) from jumping on the sad news like starved hyenas, and plastering the front pages. But I do think you can do damage control, so the number of casualties per nutcase is lower. (Yes, that means gun control.)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :On a completely unrelated and insensitive note:

Is everyone in finland named Matti? (From the article, the shooter, and the Prime Minister are both named Matti, thus I can assume that all Finns are named Matti.)

That's a fail, they are all called Mika..
Quote from wsinda :You sound so sure of the influence of upbringing on kids' behaviour. I bet you don't have kids yourself.

As with any tragedy, there were 100s of ways that this could have been prevented.
If the parents had done things differently...
If his teachers had ...
If his friends had ...
If the police had ...
Still, it does happen now and then. Nobody's found a cure for insanity yet. And we'll never know how many times things almost went wrong, but didn't. Because the parents/teachers/friends/police did make the right decisions. It doesn't get in the papers.

But this kid did get in the papers. Front page news, the world over. As did Columbine, and Virginia Tech. Next time a kid feels desperate, he'll remember.

I don't think you can stop people from going mad, and wanting to kill. I don't think you can stop the media (alas) from jumping on the sad news like starved hyenas, and plastering the front pages. But I do think you can do damage control, so the number of casualties per nutcase is lower. (Yes, that means gun control.)

I think most of these people doing this stuff are missing the one thing that ties them to reality in life, maybe this guy was playing on his XBOX all the time, and kids hated him in school cos he was a loner... Normally it's the case..
Quote from BBO@BSR :or blame the government that allows 15 year olds to buy weapons in Finland,
or the police officers who visited this guy 1 day earlier (because of the shooting videos he posted in the net before) but the officer thought he is not dangerous. etc. etc.

It's not always the parents, you know.

He wouldn't have a gun in the first place if his parents knew what he was doing in his room, and didn't just assume he was looking at pr0n
:S Sad to hear... Just read about it on the news paper this morning heh.
Sucks to see that school shootings seem to be the new way to solve psychological troubles. We had a lockdown last year because someone across the street from our school saw 2 students come in with guns and it ended up being BB guns... The way the lockdown went sure made us feel safe though. It was surprising how fast the specialized unit reacted and took control of the school. And yes I mean take control. Big guns, clearing the halls, locking everyone in classes, etc. Off course theres only so much they can do... Anyone can just come in with a gun, kill a couple of people and shoot himself.

A little off topic : If this was in US pretty sure that the posts would be more like ''only in US'' and ''Damn rednecks'' and stuff like that but meh.
I read now that he had been planing this shit for over 6 years... i dont know why they kill too many to just kill themselves... why not just kill themselves without hurting anyone.
If it was me, only make them suffer, and then go to jail... no point of committing suicide
Quote from BlueFlame :He wouldn't have a gun in the first place if his parents knew what he was doing in his room, and didn't just assume he was looking at pr0n

He had his own apartment.
Quote from evilpimp :A little off topic : If this was in US pretty sure that the posts would be more like ''only in US'' and ''Damn rednecks'' and stuff like that but meh.

I'm sure after Erfurt massacre in Germany people realised it could happen anywhere...

And it has, this is pretty depressing list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L ... ootings#Notable_shootings

And even more (not all are shooting massacres):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school-related_attacks

Quote from chanoman315 :I read now that he had been planing this shit for over 6 years... i dont know why they kill too many to just kill themselves... why not just kill themselves without hurting anyone.
If it was me, only make them suffer, and then go to jail... no point of committing suicide

Because these people have delusioned minds... simple as that. His suicide note said he was planning this since 2002. But it could be just part of his mind. He could have just decided to do commit this someday right after the shooting year ago...
#85 - JJ72
Quote from BlueFlame :I think most of these people doing this stuff are missing the one thing that ties them to reality in life, maybe this guy was playing on his XBOX all the time, and kids hated him in school cos he was a loner... Normally it's the case..

and millions of kids are like that.

I don't think it's a single thing, in fact only a handful of people have truely complete and fulfilling lifes...it needs some special combination of conditions for something like this to happen, and we don't understand.
i wonder how many more of these its going to take before our governments realise making guns available to everyone is a stupid F@#$!!! idea.
damn i hate those crazy people...shoot indesent people and than themseves. and other thing i hate in those they are young, and making hunting less possible cos the age of getting gun probaply goes up to 18 or over 20 and the laws of guns are probaply gonna be tighter so its knda bad for my hunting career...btw, now when this came, theres lots of this type of videos in youtube now. that people say they will shoot in some school and so on
#89 - wark
Quote from rediske :The guy shot himself in the head afterwards and survived?

double fail!

It was a .22 long (they make .22 air rifles that are almost twice as powerful). Almost surprising he could kill anything with that. He would have had a better chance at a quick death by shooting himself in the heart.
Quote from wark :It was a .22 long (they make .22 air rifles that are almost twice as powerful). Almost surprising he could kill anything with that. He would have had a better chance at a quick death by shooting himself in the heart.

if interested, he used walther P228 pistol. and no, he didnt survive, he died in a hospital
Quote from batteryy :if interested, he used walther P228 pistol. and no, he didnt survive, he died in a hospital

Walther P22. It's Sig Sauer that manufactures the P228 and it's whole lot bigger caliber. No way of getting that caliber for his first gun in Finland unless he stole one.
First Shoot accident In Jokela. Shooter Was Auvinen. They think that Saari and Auvinen was connection to each other
How does my fairly justified exaggeration make it any less of a grievance?
Quote from spankmeyer :Walther P22. It's Sig Sauer that manufactures the P228 and it's whole lot bigger caliber. No way of getting that caliber for his first gun in Finland unless he stole one.

well, he did get it. altrough now they are blaming the police about this whole thing for giving him the gun without any good reason(like shooting on some club)
Actually the shooter was somebodys stepbrother, but i promised to STFU about it so nevermind.
Quote from wsinda :You sound so sure of the influence of upbringing on kids' behaviour. I bet you don't have kids yourself.

I am a kid

Although I do agree that there are lots of other influences on kids, parents are (or should be) the prime influence.

But the rest of your post post makes alot of sense too sir
#99 - wark
Quote from batteryy :if interested, he used walther P228 pistol. and no, he didnt survive, he died in a hospital

Survived long enough to get to a hospital... I'm surviving long enough to get to a hospital right now! They probably wanted to kill him with their bare hands—wouldn't you?

IF he used the SIG: a .40 or .357 or even 9x19 would have made more than one hole in his cranial vault.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... 2/CartridgeComparison.jpg
All my condoelenses goes to the beloved and near people to everyone who died.
Basicly, all my condoelenses goes to every person that suffered from there, I can't imagine loosing a family member or not even a friend.
I would break down so hard I would probably don't feel like living so much anymore ...

Another school shooting in finland..
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG