The online racing simulator
Will buttkicker work on obutto?
Hi, there.

I have a question about buttkicker gamer placement.

I have obutto cockpit with 3 monitor setup.

I had extended front lcd monitor stand with MDF panel.

My question is that if I attach buttkicker on near by keyboard stand pipe, does vibration go to front monitor stand?

If it will do, 3 monitor will make shaking and damage.

If anyone has buttkicker with monitor stand set up.
Any problem?

Please give some advise.
Thanks.
Sorry for English.
I would recommend one of two places to set it up.

1) Under your seat

or

2) Lower part of the back, behind the seat.

Just try to have it attached only to the seat if possible...
Buttkicker, it is so stupid. Geek device nothing more.
Actually the ButtKicker isn't all that bad, it is very simple and effective at what it does. It's great for listening to music and movies, and adds a little more feel to LFS and games... Not necessarily the most realistic feel, but its decent, worth $50 in my opinion, but probably not too much more...

About the Obutto and ButtKicker combo, I have both and can provide some insight. However, I don't use the Obutto monitor stand, yet, since I have two monitors at the moment. (A third will come in following months). I plan on getting a custom rig setup for the Obutto to hold my three monitors when the time comes, but I am curious about your MDF setup and how well it works with a FFB wheel. I use the G25 at very high FFB settings and would think that the Obutto would shake the monitors, although as previously said my monitors are on a seperate desk in front of my cockpit...

Getting back to your question, I would think it should be fine. I have my ButtKicker attached to the shifter arm, very low and close to the cockpit and it seems fine. You may want a small rubber pad, one of those sticky pad things, to place between the monitor stand and your setup, just to take the vibrations that would probably make it there... Depends how high you turn it up, which you will! I may move my ButtKicker to the other side onto my keyboard arm so that the shifter doesn't vibrate so much, irratating noise when I am not sitting in the cockpit but nothing major. Moving it a bit would help. I do think that the slots for the keyboard / shifter are the easiest/best places to connect it to, although there may be a few others...

Hope that helps you a bit.
Thanks all.
My set up (3 monitors set up) is pretty stable.
I will post my cockpit when I get home.
Quote from PioneerLv :Buttkicker, it is so stupid. Geek device nothing more.

I'll wager you have no direct experience of one.

Ultimately the aim of any simulation is to achieve the point of ‘suspension of disbelief’, wherein you become so immersed in what you’re doing that it almost becomes real. Bass shakers aren’t perfect, but they can do an excellent job in helping us to get there. After recently installing a similar system to the Buttkicker, on my gaming system, I'm firmly of the opinion that any racer who hasn't considered one is missing out. Some of the sensations are eerily realistic!
When i said(laugh) my friends about butkicker they laughed out, sure me too, because it looks stupid.
Quote from PioneerLv :When i said(laugh) my friends about butkicker they laughed out, sure me too, because it looks stupid.

Who cares what your friends or people thing? I wear things (TrackIR) that allow me to move my head around in game. Sure it looks stupid but it improves the immersion to insane amounts making you believe your in the car. Besides, the ButtKicker isn't about it's looks, its about the vibrations it creates for your seat.
Condoms look funny too, but that doesn't stop people from using them.
W4H, clearly it stops some religious ****wits from using them.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG