The online racing simulator
Round 5 Start Time Change (Possible)
Yo !

Since the final round of IGTC is on the same day as our Round 5, I am considering moving the start time for LFSBC UP to a time that would get it to end prior to IGTC starting, so as to let anyone who races in IGTC be able to do that and BC, and also allow NDRTV to stream both events in their entireties, and let you all get a full Saturday evening to hit up the pubs.

So, I'm thinking to scrap FP3 for Round 5, and do the race at 16:30 UTC (2.5 hours earlier). Telling you now to see if there's any epicmass conflicts, or if it's a brilliant idea, or what. If there are no major objections, I'll make this official.

NOTE THAT THIS CURRENTLY AFFECTS ROUND 5 ONLY !

d
That sounds fine to me I should be free all day!
You see, if this is a Beginner's cup WHY should ANY of the competitors be taking part in IGTC.

If they are taking part in IGTC, they have obviously passed the beginner stage and have found themselves a team.

However, +1 for the start time change because it means I my dinner will probably not be right in the middle of it.
Quote from JO53PHS :You see, if this is a Beginner's cup WHY should ANY of the competitors be taking part in IGTC.

If they are taking part in IGTC, they have obviously passed the beginner stage and have found themselves a team.

maybe it is more about NDRTV then NDRBC
I like the idea of racing earlier... we could even make it an hour earlier than that for ALL the remaining races... At least then we can attned to our social lives!
Actually, I agree with darryn.

I think that late afternoon/early evening start time (on GMT that is) would be better.

1) It will be Saturday, so they nobody will be at work
2) It will be a good time for europeans
3) It will be an Okish time for Americans, so long as they do not sleep till early afternoon like deko.
4) I wont be having my dinner at this time
5) The ice cream van's engine will not have run out of diesel yet, so there will still be ice creams for all
-
(hyntty) DELETED by J@tko : Completely off topic.
#7 - J@tko
I disagree, as having it earlier means that, if people are out for the day, they won't get back in time, and it might also clash with some people's dinner. This means we'll get even smaller grids
Well Its currently at 5am for me, so a few hours earlier wouldn't exactly be preferable but I guess I'm only a minority.
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by J@tko : Completely off topic.
Would be fine with me.
Mmmm... That should be OK for R5 for me too, but I clearly prefear to have the race at 8:00 pm for the others events.
-
-
-
(dekojester) DELETED by J@tko : Completely off topic.
Sorry, no way I can make it being that early, if you made it later that'd be fine. Do we really need to have the live stream?
-
Exactly so whats the problem with these two events being on the same time? :S
Quote from hyntty :no, You Do Not Need It. Igtc Does.

This Is The Core Of The Matter.

BC > IGTC?

o
-
Quote from boothy :Exactly so whats the problem with these two events being on the same time? :S

I agree. I don't have a problem with the LFSBC not being broadcast - hyntty can do that and the rest of us just race normally
-
(CSF) DELETED by J@tko : Completely off topic.
-
(CSF) DELETED by J@tko : Completely off topic.
-
(Hypothraxer) DELETED by J@tko : Completely off topic.
-
-
(CSF) DELETED by J@tko
-
(boothy) DELETED by J@tko
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by J@tko
-
(CSF) DELETED by J@tko
PMS???

That time of month?
I have cleaned up this thread by deleting all the Off topic posts.

FFS Hyntty and Joe stop bitching to each other.

@ Darryn - What?
can we have some clarity on the start time. I am infavour with the start time and im pretty keen to make some plans, so please can we make a decision...

fanks
Deko and Timo can you please decide so I can spam everyone with PMs
I say we keep it as it is since

a) Jack doesn't want it to be changed. We should technically listen to him, cause it's his series

b) We've heard absolutely nothing about IGTC. Besides they've embedded a mogulus player on their website alongside their tracker.
Quote from hyntty :I say we keep it as it is since

a) Jack doesn't want it to be changed. We should technically listen to him, cause it's his series

b) We've heard absolutely nothing about IGTC. Besides they've embedded a mogulus player on their website alongside their tracker.

OPEN IT UP TO A VOTE. I THINK ITS CRAZY TO LOOSE RACES TO IGTC IF WE DONT HAVE TO, AND VICE VERSA

sorry for caps... too lazy to retype
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS
Quote from hyntty :b) We've heard absolutely nothing about IGTC. Besides they've embedded a mogulus player on their website alongside their tracker.

They had the Mogulus player before we did their previous round. They are working on something and will know whether or not it will be avaialble by midweek.

To be honest, Jack's reasons are moot...there are still people having dinner at the normal start time.

The point is to get two major events away from each other so those who are in both (either by way of racer or team manager) can do both just as well.

Not to mention, I'd like to commentate it, without having to worry about running out for an hour and a half to admin a race and miss out on that action and inhibit my ablity to commentate effectively. Sure, I enjoy adminning, but I also enjoy talking about the races.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG