The online racing simulator

Poll : Remove the Horns From GTR car´s?

Yes
No
Poll Remove horns from GTR class
In real life GTR cars dont have Horn. so to improbe more realistic inmersion to the game , i say remobe the horns from all GTR class cars

What you think?
Quote from LFSn00b :already suggested before.

Strange i search very deep to find a post with poll like this, but i dont find anything
How else can you alert the dork infront of you that he's turning in on you?

-1 from me.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :How else can you alert the dork infront of you that he's turning in on you?

-1 from me.

How often does the dork in front of you stop turning in on you when you use the horn?
Probbably never, but if you slipstream someone (Especially on the SO tracks), as the road narrows and you're sidebyside, a few honks and 90% of the time they'll allow you (room to get) through.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :How else can you alert the dork infront of you that he's turning in on you?

-1 from me.

stupid question

In real life GTR cars , Dont have Horns , i see many videos and visiting many forums , blogs and chatting with ppl who race GTR cars here in argentina , and the GTR cars dont have Horns
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Probbably never, but if you slipstream someone (Especially on the SO tracks), as the road narrows and you're sidebyside, a few honks and 90% of the time they'll allow you (room to get) through.

True.

I'm indifferent anyway since I don't drive the GTRs.
+1
Aww, no way to beep slow cars in front of you? -1 then.

oh and if you remove the horns, there are gonna be no sirens on GTR cars, so police cars will just have to be road cars?
Police cars? Doesn't matter.

I think the WTCC rules say that the horn is just "free" : it can be as stock, removed or replaced. Not heard one being used though - I don't really mind but it can have its uses sometimes.

More important is removing the handbrake from the single seaters - it's not just a matter of not having them - they are banned in F1 at least.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Probbably never, but if you slipstream someone (Especially on the SO tracks), as the road narrows and you're sidebyside, a few honks and 90% of the time they'll allow you (room to get) through.

Real racing cars will only ever have horns fitted if they're either required by regulations or are road legal (more likely both), it's added weight for no advantage. The usage of a horn in real racing is prohibited and the usage of one as a means to intimidate other drivers out of your way, which is the sole usage of the horn in racing situations in LFS will have you hauled up in front of the clerk of course.
IMO, Horn is useless in GTRs. Well, atleast I can barely hear it, because of wind and engine noise
well its not exactly added weight it weighs a pound or less but I say -1 because sometimes people are up to no good and need some annoying sounds to get them back on track.
horns for GTRs shouldnt be removed, if people dont like the horn, then dont use it, maybe an option to allow or disallow horns for GTRs in servers?
Horn should be removed in GTRs. Just flash your lights.
Yeah it's perhaps unrealistic. But then the purpose of a horn is merely to warn somebody of your presence.

Given that most of us don't have fantastic racing rigs with multiple screens to give us a wide field of view it is difficult to be sure of where other cars are at times. A quick toot of a horn to warn isn't really a big issue. At the end of the day you don't have to use it, but it is there to try and warn someone of your prescence.

I'd actually favour it's addition to the single seaters, rather than it's removal from other cars for this very reason.

In practice, all that GTR / Touring car drivers can do to intimidate their oponents is to put the headlights on... but the lights in LFS are really only (and only ever likely to be I would have thought) cosmetic and certainy not able to blind you, so the horn is your last line of defence
well as a disabled driver with only the use of 1 arm and 1 leg the horn is invaluable as i drive in the cockpit view only gtrs i drive in a right hand position and cannot see down the left of my car,as i cant use the look function ,its handy for other drivers to let me know their there by tooting their horns, also there is an option for those players who dont want their horn goto options and deselect a key for the horn . or delete the horn sounds on your install of lfs . or for those who want to keep horns lobby every racing official body to make a horn a requirement in real racing lol , so this is my thoughts on this .
At the end of the day lfs is targeted at the many rather than the few i would like the horn extended to single seaters and maybe a server option that would allow horns or no horns.
Or you could write an insim that the packet to do with horns isnt recieved by all players yes i am primarily a cruiser but i do like to race all the cars
I personally wouldnt race on a no horns server apart from single seater as they have no horns anyway .
I do use the the name "pass me here >>>>" in an effort to stop accidents but this is ignored so ive found the best way is for me to rely on other peoples horn
If you don't want the horn, simply don't use it.. As easy as that...
Sick.

Uh. not any car have chase car view IRL. Or a FOV-setting. or loads of things that are in this lovely little game. lets remove that too? (answer: ofc we should not remove the horn of gtr cars.. just dont use it.)

This is like the *total* removal of rearview in GTR cars - even in custom view! :insane: :mad: Make it a server setting if its so damn important. Oh, wait - there is one already called FCV! Implement support for horn and rear view in it! And while we're at it, ignition too?

again, sick.
Peripheral vision in LFS is easily as good as it is IRL. The view you get in LFS is far better than what you see in an actual GT car with high sided seats, with the click of a button you can turn your head and are only limited by the high sided seats, not so easy IRL tightly strapped in with a HANs device and helmet weighing your head down. In LFS we don't have steamed up dirty windows or race in less than perfectly clear conditions. Not to mention the magical mirror which has nothing obstructing it, or the fact that there's no disadvantage sitting high enough to get a good view. Just trying to move one of these cars around a parking lot is a nightmare in reality because you can't see a thing, let alone trying to race them.

We already get too many clues as to where other cars are, the mirror, seating position, ease of looking round, and much more distinguished sounds of other cars which you don't hear well enough to place in reality. There is no need to add extra artificial aids to LFS. If you can't place other cars in LFS without using the 90 degree look buttons then your doing something wrong and definitely shouldn't try racing a real GT car.

Equally if you blast the horn all the time and consider there to be an issue with people not seeing you have you considered they have seen you and have decided not to give room to the stupid over aggressive wanker blasting his horn at them?
Quote from word. :Horn should be removed in GTRs. Just flash your lights.

+1 to that.

Quote from ajp71 :Equally if you blast the horn all the time and consider there to be an issue with people not seeing you have you considered they have seen you and have decided not to give room to the stupid over aggressive wanker blasting his horn at them?

+1 to that too.

-1 from me.

If he's in front of you and turning in on you, it means he doesn't want to leave you any room which is his right. You don't alert him, you brake. It's your responsibility to avoid the guy in front of you, not his, both in racing and on the road.
Fix the headlights and I will think about removing the horn an option. Currently when I flash lights, NOTHING happens. I honk and most of the time someone actually says sorry or actually takes physical action to move the hell over so I can get all 4 wheels back on pavement.
Quote from skstibi :Fix the headlights and I will think about removing the horn an option. Currently when I flash lights, NOTHING happens. I honk and most of the time someone actually says sorry or actually takes physical action to move the hell over so I can get all 4 wheels back on pavement.

Flashing the lights to intimidate isn't the done thing in real life, and if seen doing it excessively or whilst fighting for position you'll be hauled up in front of the clerk of the course. Static lights are permitted, and often required on faster classes in multi-class racing, but this only really compliments the blue flags (which are possible to not see or take some time to be shown in reality). If you are side by side with someone and end up getting squeezed off flashing your lights will do nothing, in reality your only option is to minimize the danger, even at the risk of loosing a place.
Anyone who uses the horn as a racing tool is probably really awful at the actual racing part, and needs to warn others just to get out of the way of the impending accident.

For evidence, many oval racers were upset at the removal of horns from the single seaters, and suddenly they actually had to learn a skill!!!!
i thought personal attacks in the forum were not helpful and due to recent rule changes actually banned from the forum

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG