The online racing simulator
#551 - AMB
it's because they know how good he has become in such short time, it doesn't matter though, it won't stop him winning, not like he wastes his time trying to make people like him, he is who he is, cocky, arrogant or whatever you think, if i was him i'd be the same, and say like it or gtfo lol but he is a future world champion if not this year
Quote :can't really say he is rubbish if he wins the world championship can you...

I dunno, I say that about Kimi who lucked into his world championship: Massa was no competition, Hamilton rookied it, and Alonso was throwing a paddy fit - Kimi was best of the rest...

Quote from AMB :he is a future world champion if not this year

Dont count your chickens before they hatch or we might soon be calling him Lewis Henman.
Quote from sinbad :I'm no Hamilton fan, but he really is the driver everyone loves to hate, and I can't quite understand that. I mean, I get why people don't like him, I just don't get why people seem to enjoy disliking him so much, and enjoy so much arguing at every opportunity with anyone that likes him

Alfred Pennyworth: "Because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
#554 - AMB
Quote from Becky Rose :I dunno, I say that about Kimi who lucked into his world championship: Massa was no competition, Hamilton rookied it, and Alonso was throwing a paddy fit - Kimi was best of the rest...

Dont count your chickens before they hatch or we might soon be calling him Lewis Henman.

Want to put your money where your mouth is?
Quote from AMB :Want to put your money where your mouth is?

No, that would be as stupid as calling him a champion before he is. I think Lewis is good, but so was Stirling Moss and he never won the championship either. I'd like Lewis to win because he's a Brit (though I hate Stevenage, where he was from before he earned pots of money and moved to a tax haven), I just think saying he's going to win the title is different to saying I want him to win the title.
#556 - AMB
But I didn't say he was going to win, I said he will win in the future if not this year.

2009 rear wing.

Altough how it looks so out of propotion is not really a surprise since the '09 regs have been out for two months.
I don't like the new wing either. The car is to wide for the wing and just makes it look stupid in my opinion. We will have to wait and see how nice or ugly the cars will look when the final designs are finished and the cars are revealed, that wing looks ugly though.
Lower and wider would look better and give similar levels of efficiency, and be less effected by following or being followed by another car.
Quote from tristancliffe :Lower and wider would look better and give similar levels of efficiency, and be less effected by following or being followed by another car.

I read that the reason why it's higher is to give more space between the wing and the diffuser, which [it is claimed] reduces turbulence behind the car.

I'm not a aero (or even automotive) engineer, so whether it makes sense or not...

Oh well, we've had uglier cars:
I think it's mostly the lower plane of the rear wing that interacts with the diffuser. Simply remove it, and see what happens? Several wings are already pylon mounted onto the upper plane, so it would be an easy mod for the technical working group to try.
Quote from dungbeetle :Alfred Pennyworth: "Because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Could be used to decribe my current train of thought
I don't really care how it looks if it works as promised.

If...
if the goal was to make the cars look cartoonish theyve certainly succeeded
It just looks bloody stupid. Admittedly not quite as stupid as the original idea they had, with chopping the rear wing into two little boxy pieces, but nearly as stupid as that.

And I bet it doesn't do anything for the "dirty air" problem.
Just take the whole wing off... it'll look much better
Quote from hyntty :Just take the whole wing off... it'll look much better

Looks a bit crippled.

Those initial pics have to be shopped, right?

Why wouldn't he be on the 2009 slick tires?
Quote from srdsprinter :Those initial pics have to be shopped, right?

Unfortunately no.

Quote :Why wouldn't he be on the 2009 slick tires?

That's up to Bridgestone I guess. Dunno how effective that is to test anyway since rest of the car is '08, even with "simulated" downforce levels.

Great summary (bodywork related differencies) from Atlas F1:

http://forums.autosport.com/sh ... ostid=3216085#post3216085

and whole Bible here: http://www.fia.com/en-GB/sport ... OneWorldChampionship.aspx

More pics if you don't believe:

The idea for this IDIOTIC looking wing is to make the rear wing less efficient when slipstreaming - thus preventing the car going into uber-understeer mode whenever cars are 100m apart.
Bring back the old wings and put negative magnet in the rear bumper and a positive one in the nose.

EDIT: Would make an interesting sight when the safety car gathers the field together.
Quote from spankmeyer :Bring back the old wings and put negative magnet in the rear bumper and a positive one in the nose.

EDIT: Would make an interesting sight when the safety car gathers the field together.

Isn't that already what they do in Monaco?
on the plus side the new diffusor looks pretty neat
Quote from spankmeyer :Bring back the old wings and put negative magnet in the rear bumper and a positive one in the nose.

Spanky for president of the FIA. He even has an appropriate nickname already.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG