The online racing simulator
Ant Control
(31 posts, started )
Ant Control
I absolutely hate these ants. I mean I don't stomp on them every time i see them but the ones in my home are the most annoying. They were all over the kitchen looking for food. Now they come to the computer room where there is absolutely no trace of food. For some reason they seem to like it and they're all over the shelves and my guitar amp. I'd go nuts if they ever got to my computer and died there because I'd have to clean it out. I'd die if they got into my HDTV.

So I need suggestions for ant bait. I do not have the time to go buy any right now and I might go make my own tomorrow and I can't use super powerful chemicals. The only bait I know might work is the boric acid and sugar solution (which I do not have). I can't find their colony and pour boiling water down there either. So if you guys have any other solutions to this problem using household products, let'em fly. I know there's Google but most of them contain the boric acid fix and ant bait you have to buy. I also have to do homework so I can't comb through Google with a fine-toothed comb.
Well, if they eneter your pc is for heat or electricity.
Were i Lived almost all my life there were a lot of ants, once a wall from the outside my house was full of ants. My keyboard died because there was an ant kingdom living there...

With food (fruits) we put them in like an island (water (food) water) and they couldnt go in there. <- Lot of ants die trying.

ATM i cant find a cure to this cancer... probably kill them with pesticides (dunno how it's called in english) or call a person or company that are specialized in controlling a lot of animals
#3 - Woz
All you can do is make sure all the food sources are away and they cant get to them. i.e. sealed.

Also trace back to the nest entry and pour a kettle full of boiling water into it

The worst place I have lived in for ants was Malaysia, at work you used to be able to trace a line for ages if someone left a drink out overnight.
Did a little bit of vacumming and wiping down. I thought you could wipe their trails off with some water but they came right back. Maybe some insects died and they're looking for them but I have no idea where they're coming from.
Spread some gasoline to a few ants , when are close to the hole, and fill the hole with gasoline and Burn then all , YEAH FIRE FIREEEEEEEEEE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FIRE!!!!!!! BURN IN H3LL !!!11One!!!!11shift1

@ontopick

Use some Ant vacun or call a exterminator =P
Okay, I tried putting chili peppers in their way to irritate them and make them go away. It's only irritating my eyes and nose right now and they don't seem to mind.

Any other household items I should try?
papers with water and fire in the hole! that works...

another:

Put water on their way, and they will loose their track for a while... at least half and hour
Yeah , use the /ban command and done
The only way to stop them is by either finding and removing the nest (but seeing as most colonies build their nests in the foundations of houses it could be a bit tricky to dig up), or, try to find some ant powder (bendiocarb tends to be the best if you can find it, but the stuff sold over the counter usually ain't as strong as a professional pest control officer would carry).
If you can find the powder it's a simple case of covering the entry/exit holes into the house and along their runs (i.e watch them and see where they go and come from). The poison is a slow release agent that kills them several hours after ingestion, so the idea is they die in the nest. Ants being "a bit cannibalistic" means the live ones will usually eat the dead ones thereby spreading the poison throughout the colony, and eventually it dies out. It can take some time but it's the only sure fire way of getting rid of them. Unless you really do wanna hire a JCB and rip yer house apart.

There are little electronic repellent type devices on the market that emit an inaudible sound that all these critters don't like (including, rats, mice, birds, cats, dogs, children) But i've heard mixed reactions to their effectiveness, and they can be pricey too.

Best go for the ant powder.
Quote from Inouva :Yeah , use the /ban command and done

Unfortunately, Mother Nature is of moderator status...

Well, they calmed down a little bit but that's because it's night time here. The only solutions I have come up with so far is the boric acid mix, bendiocarb, ant powder (which I know I have but cannot find), and soap. They die if I give them soapy water but it would not prevent them from coming back again since my mother already tried that out in the kitchen. Hopefully I can get the stronger stuff tomorrow.

I don't know where the ant's nests are. They're the typical sidewalk ants you find all over the ground and in between sidewalk cracks. They're practically everywhere so the only thing I can do is get rid of the ones in the family home and keep them out and away.

Thanks for the funny and serious suggestions! If anyone else has other solutions, I'd be happy to give it a go.
#11 - Woz
Just keep the kitchen clean of ALL food. Wipe down all the counters etc.

It will only take a few days for them to leave.

ALL the time the source of the attraction is there they will come. Only takes one ant to find it and leave the trail for the rest.
BB Gun! Take them on 1 ant at a time!
Quote from Mazz4200 :There are little electronic repellent type devices on the market that emit an inaudible sound that all these critters don't like (including, rats, mice, birds, cats, dogs, children) But i've heard mixed reactions to their effectiveness, and they can be pricey too.

Plus they have much larger ranges than they need to, especially for animals like cats and dogs that have sensitive hearing so can make life a living hell for neighbours' pets.
Or just stop playing Ant Music and they might go party somewhere else.
NAPALM!!!!!:hbomb:

the only way to get rid of pest's.......and half the neighbourhood at the same time. (depending upon you're neighbours, that may be a bonus)
#16 - Osco
Quote from Scatter :Thanks for the funny and serious suggestions! If anyone else has other solutions, I'd be happy to give it a go.

The things i mentioned in my post really are the best ways to get rid of these things, trust me. I used to do this for a living, so for the first time in three and a half years on this forum i do actually know what i'm talking about. Admittedly it's been ten years since i was a pest control officer and i've forgotten most of what i was taught, but, yunno

Seriously, short of a full fumigation (which will cost mega bucks and no legitimate company would do it to a residential house unless you had a severe case of termites chewing their way though the structure of the house) ant powder really is the best way to do it. The only way to get rid of them is to kill the Queen, and she NEVER leaves the nest. So stamping on a couple of dozen as they scurry across your kitchen floor or pouring boiling water on their heads ain't ever gonna get shot of the colony. They'll just go quiet for a while in the cold weather then re-emerge when it gets warmer.

Another thing, it's a bit of a misnomer to think that all these little bugs can only be found in dirty unkempt places with lots of food stuff lying around. Whilst having a dirty home doesn't help the situation, if there's any kind of food stuff in the house no matter how clean it is or well packed away these buggers will find it (although cockroaches are far worse than ants) Honestly, i've had to deal with ant and cockroach infestations in some of the cleanest places you could imagine. So don't go telling your Mum her house is a dump, know what i mean
I just got rid of all the ants in my house yesterday. I sprayed raid on all the things they were eating then sprayed their trail from my kitchen and bathroom all the way outside to the flower bed they were coming from. Then I sprayed the entire area and squirted it into the holes. problem solved, no ants. Also there is a pesticide you spray around the entire perimeter of your house so they die on contact with your outside wall.
Hm... I think I have that Raid stuff somewhere in the house. I hope I can find it.
We once had some ants in the kitchen at my old house, we put powder down and some sticky mat think that attracts them into a little paper house where they get stuck, that worked.
Hi, I am also in need of an anti-ant solution ( same exact problem as the OP, cannot find nest so.. Will watch this thread

Quote from chanoman315 :[chop]...With food (fruits) we put them in like an island (water (food) water) and they couldnt go in there. <- Lot of ants die trying.

tried this. gave up after ants learned to swim and/or jump onto food from the ceiling ( nice aim tho )
Dont forget to put raid on everything you eat too
But really,ants are a problem,like in the beach,i kill a ant,another ant comes and carrys it away,i kill that one,2 ants come and carry them away..,But raid or other poision would be the best solution
Quote from Ricerguy :

tried this. gave up after ants learned to swim and/or jump onto food from the ceiling ( nice aim tho )

Lol, the only way the got into the main thing was when the water evaporated or lots of ants that made a bridge (dead ones)
Wow, they jump from the ceiling? That sounds crazy and funny. If i put a line of dishwasher soap around an object of interest, they mob it but never get past the dishwasher soap so it looks like someone spilled pepper all over the kitchen counter but all the pepper is alive.

I found 2 cans of Raid and ant exterminator. Sadly, both are empty...

Ant Control
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG