The online racing simulator
Vettel to crash and Bourdais to win! I swapped Vettel for Bourdais on F1 Manager.
going to be a hell of a start...
I bet Kimi is going to crash Hamilton
Anyone noticed the ads at the trackside? I was wondering if the logo of the 'Santander' company is actually a turd?
Quote from BBO@BSR :Totally agree.
The most hated sentence from him for me is:
(freely translated)
"We are now making our own pit stop (commercial break) but you wont miss anthing.."
I then always think: WTF is he talking, of course do I miss something when they come back with the live feed 3 minutes later.

If he would not have Christian Danner at his side then he would look like a complete idiot sometimes

Well, in comparison we've got a floorball referee (Oskari Saari), a high jumper (Erkki Mustakari), A blind man (or so it seems,) (Timo Pulkkinen) and on top of that, JJ Lehto who's the coolest man on earth (or at least his sunglasses are) but verbally a complete idiot.

From these, Oskari has a Ph.D on nameology (eg. 'Scott Andrew Speed', 'Kimi Matias Räikkönen') and keeps inventing stupid nicknames, like 'The Flying Apollo' (=Hatemelol ), 'The Human missile of Oviedo'. JJ keeps repeating the words 'Well of cource/Well naturtally'. Mustakari is virtually blind, and doesn't know anything bout the sport which is amazing because he's seen 318 GP's on sight. His lack of knowledge is admireable.

Of cource this is only the crew you have to pay 22€/month for. For free you get the founder of Heikki Kovalainen Fanclub...
Quote from BenjiMC :i fail to see any problem there or anything he said was in-correct...

I didn't say he said anything incorrect, just that he got on my tits.
Quote from hyntty :Well, in comparison we've got a floorball referee (Oskari Saari), a high jumper (Erkki Mustakari), A blind man (or so it seems,) (Timo Pulkkinen) and on top of that, JJ Lehto who's the coolest man on earth (or at least his sunglasses are) but verbally a complete idiot.

From these, Oskari has a Ph.D on nameology (eg. 'Scott Andrew Speed', 'Kimi Matias Räikkönen') and keeps inventing stupid nicknames, like 'The Flying Apollo' (=Hatemelol ), 'The Human missile of Oviedo'. JJ keeps repeating the words 'Well of cource/Well naturtally'. Mustakari is virtually blind, and doesn't know anything bout the sport which is amazing because he's seen 318 GP's on sight. His lack of knowledge is admireable.

Of cource this is only the crew you have to pay 22€/month for. For free you get the founder of Heikki Kovalainen Fanclub...

I think Mustakari's the best of the four, just today he owned all the others when they claimed Damon Hill won with Arrows in Hungary. But overall, I'd say us Finns have it pretty bad when it comes to F1 reporters.
Quote from Qurpiz :I think Mustakari's the best of the four, just today he owned all the others when they claimed Damon Hill won with Arrows in Hungary. But overall, I'd say us Finns have it pretty bad when it comes to F1 reporters.

This is the man who claimed that "A dtm car is faster on the wet than an F1"?
Quote from hyntty :This is the man who claimed that "A dtm car is faster on the wet than an F1"?

rofl! I feel so so sorry for you.
that was freaking awesome.
I think most top teams decided to not go into q3 and be able to change the fuel/set of the car to match the conditions in the race.
Am I wrong, or are they allowed to changed tires before the race (those that got into q3)?
And setup? I believe they cant change it - so I'd guess thats the reasoning behind the "one car in q3, one car not".
Plus, the track got slower and slower from q1 through q3, which meant hamilton and his "I wont go out first" mania managed to stuff him really well. That and that stupid stupid pitstop...
Quote from Stigpt :that was freaking awesome.
I think most top teams decided to not go into q3 and be able to change the fuel/set of the car to match the conditions in the race.
Am I wrong, or are they allowed to changed tires before the race (those that got into q3)?
And setup? I believe they cant change it - so I'd guess thats the reasoning behind the "one car in q3, one car not".
Plus, the track got slower and slower from q1 through q3, which meant hamilton and his "I wont go out first" mania managed to stuff him really well. That and that stupid stupid pitstop...

Were you talking about Q2? Because if you weren't that post was really confusing.
Quote from Stigpt :that was freaking awesome.

Setup changing is allowed if qualifying was under dry conditions and it's raining before the race - for all cars, not only those who got into Q3.

Hamilton and McLaren had the problem that they thought it will stop raining (the others didn't although they have the same weather forecast...).
Quote from mcintyrej :Were you talking about Q2? Because if you weren't that post was really confusing.

Sorry - was in a rush.
I meant the whole qualifying was great - and the rest was about q2 onwards.

Sooo.. those that got in q3 CANT change their setup (as I though). So if its a DRY race, theyr semi-stuffed. (the way the cars behaved, they appeared to be on a intermediate setup, not a fully wet car setup.
And the tires? I believe they CAN change the tires before the race, aye?

Plus, not being in Q3 is an advantage for tomorrow - they can fuel the car so that when the rain is expected to start falling, the car has to pit.
The q3 guys.... too bad

It CAN make or brake a race... but starting from 10th is already braking your race....
With hamilton racing for a championship, and starting 15th, and Vettel desperate to prove his worth, I predict a very entertaining race... Vettel blocking massa like a madaman, and hamilton trying to fly upi the field in t1... its gonna be a LFS T1! Mark my Wordzzz!
Oh noes!
Quote from Albieg :Neither is Mosley as stated in the trial against NOTW he won in an English tribunal, although the fact seems to be a bit overlooked by the people who dislike him.

S&M with leather clad prostitutes speaking german and mentioning the word aryan, of course it was not nazi themed, it was just oppressive germans that dislike jewish people and like blonde haired blue eyed people themed. If you read between the lines of my post, you might find that sense of humour you are in dire need of.

Slightly back on topic now...

Anyone else think Pantano is the worst person to win the GP2 title so far? For a guy so experienced in the series, and for someone who already had a shot at F1, he makes a lot of stupid mistakes. Lucas di Grassi is the true champion this season, he missed the first 3 races and is still fighting for 2nd with Bruno Senna.
Quote from Stigpt :Sorry - was in a rush.
I meant the whole qualifying was great - and the rest was about q2 onwards.

Sooo.. those that got in q3 CANT change their setup (as I though). So if its a DRY race, theyr semi-stuffed. (the way the cars behaved, they appeared to be on a intermediate setup, not a fully wet car setup.
And the tires? I believe they CAN change the tires before the race, aye?

Plus, not being in Q3 is an advantage for tomorrow - they can fuel the car so that when the rain is expected to start falling, the car has to pit.
The q3 guys.... too bad

It CAN make or brake a race... but starting from 10th is already braking your race....
With hamilton racing for a championship, and starting 15th, and Vettel desperate to prove his worth, I predict a very entertaining race... Vettel blocking massa like a madaman, and hamilton trying to fly upi the field in t1... its gonna be a LFS T1! Mark my Wordzzz!
Oh noes!

If it's wet, the lack of visibility will make close racing a kamikaze affair. Hamilton and Massa have too much to lose if they crash into the back of someone and get put out of the race.

Pretty much the only chance of an overtake is to get a good run out of Parabolica, slipstream down the pit straight and pass going into the first chicane.

As for changes after qualifying, there are some very limited changes you can make, but its not much. You cannot change the tyres, for example.

The top 10 qualifiers must retain the same fuel level as at the end of Q3. The rest of the cars can adjust their fuel level. If anyone wants to make other changes, they are required to start the race from pit lane (a big disadvantage because you can only exit the pits after the pack has passed). The only exception is if the conditions at the start of the race is a lot different from conditions during qualifying (eg. dry in Q, but wet at R start), then teams can make "appropriate" changes per approval from FIA delegates.
I haven't watched GP2 all that avidly, because it's never had a decent pool of drivers. The action seems to be be because of halfwit drivers making mistakes, and (like in BTCC) I get no pleasure watching it.

But I do agree that Pantano has taken GP2 to new lows. How crap must the rest of the field be if Pantano can win?

Samjh - what a load of bollocks. Ever driven in the rain during a non-race session?
Quote from tristancliffe :Samjh - what a load of bollocks. Ever driven in the rain during a non-race session?

Huh?

What's bollocks?

I'm just going by what the drivers were saying during the post-Q press conference.

Of course I've driven in the rain in non-race sessions. I don't know what your point is.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver : If you read between the lines of my post, you might find that sense of humour you are in dire need of.

I just gave more information answering to you what you said. Since those information aren't present in this forum and are quite important since they state an official point of view about Mosley, there's no need for such reactions of yours.
Can I just quickly remind ITV viewers that we've only got to put up with James Allen for five more races.

Finally the cock will be stopped.
Quote from tristancliffe :I haven't watched GP2 all that avidly, because it's never had a decent pool of drivers. The action seems to be be because of halfwit drivers making mistakes, and (like in BTCC) I get no pleasure watching it.

But I do agree that Pantano has taken GP2 to new lows. How crap must the rest of the field be if Pantano can win?

freakin' hell I actually agree This CERN thing really has had an effect and no one has noticed. Vettel pole while Kimi and Hamilton can't make Q3, England football team PLAY WELL, and I agree with Cliffe... I feel ill!

The problem I have with GP2 is that people actually think their is a real tangible system in motorsport of recognising talent, and promoting it through the ranks. The reality is it's more about cash than talent, hence why you get these odd drivers making it onto the GP2 grid, and even doing well.
Quote from Albieg :I just gave more information answering to you what you said. Since those information aren't present in this forum and are quite important since they state an official point of view about Mosley, there's no need for such reactions of yours.

You have errors of omission, however. The judge said that the paper had an HONEST BELIEF that Mosley was partaking of Nazi roleplay. i.e. that it was reasonable to believe that he was, given the evidence.

The judge also said that Mosley was largely the author of his OWN misfortune in this case, having pursued a lewd pastime with prostitutes while his family lived in ignorance, and that it could be thought unreasonable for him to walk away without blame.

The judge also did NOT award Mosley the exemplary damages he was seeking.

I don't think Mosley was absolved at all. In fact, I'd say the judge seems to have been positively disgusted by him. From what the judge said, it certainly seems that way to me. I get the impression that the judge effectively let Mosley off on a technicality. Since Mosley was the one that brought the action in the first place, I think it's a pretty damning conclusion regarding Mosley.

I was disgusted by him then, and I am now.. but I haven't said half the things I could have. But if you think Mosley was vindicated, and we that voiced our disapproval were silenced by the action against NOTW, you're far from correct. Just be grateful we haven't been as vocal and gleeful as we could have been.
So this is why Vettel was so good today!!!!

Quote :n kart track in Kerpen where Schumacher cut his teeth also played a part in Vettel's Saturday success, with the Toro Rosso driver revealing that he went there before last weekend's Belgian Grand Prix.
"In karting I always liked to do some wet practice and wet races and so on," Vettel told a news conference.
"Before the grand prix in Spa, I went to Kerpen to do some karting...we were building the kart up and I said, 'Let's stay with slick tyres for the wet conditions'.
"They said, 'No, you are mad,' and I said, 'I need some practice if it rains in Spa.' Obviously, just one week later there is more rain in Monza against all expectations."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/feedarticle/7795461

FULL GALLERY - http://www.ksm-motorsport.de/g ... _vettel_kerpen/index.html

KSM - Who Vettel tested with (Schumi's kart team has a news story in German) - http://www.ksm-motorsport.de/

NICE
Quote from thisnameistaken :Can I just quickly remind ITV viewers that we've only got to put up with James Allen for five more races.

Finally the cock will be stopped.

Has he definitely not been picked up by the Beeb then?

I'm really looking forward to the Beeb taking it up. No more ad breaks. I just need a colostomy bag and I'm all set!
I don't know what I'll do if Allen is employed by the beeb (other than in a janitorial role). But it'll probably be really sick. Like forcing him to beat my Jaffa Cake record against his will...
Quote from SamH :Has he definitely not been picked up by the Beeb then?

I haven't heard either way, but I'm willing to bet both of my testicles that it won't happen.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG