The online racing simulator
Will this help?
(9 posts, started )
Will this help?
Recently i have been getting into LFS more and more, ive been racing around in single player mode against the clock which lets face it isn't very satisfying, ive tried online quite a bit but i am limited to the rooms i can join by the number of people in it.

So to further my LFS and general PC gaming enjoyment, im looking to upgrade my Laptop. the thing is im not sure what aspect to upgrade, whether its the GFX card or the RAM etc.

At the minute i have and Intel core 2 CPU t5200 @ 1.60 GHz and 1014 MD of RAM, spectacular i know. (not sure what the GFX card is, the stock one)

so what im asking for is some advice on how to upgrade this, and what specs i upgrade it to

thanks in advance

P.S im quite cheap
Edited
#3 - G!NhO
but its a laptop, so its almost inpossible to upgrade it i think
and most of the times the GFX card is an onbourd card which sucks and cannot be changed
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Racer325 :2 cpus, with means 3.20GHz is pretty good

...No.

With 1GB of RAM it will crawl in Vista, the gfx card also probably sucks but you can't replace it. All you could do is go for 2GB of RAM but that wouldn't give LFS much of a boost.

EDIT - On a laptop pretty much the only parts you can sensibly upgrade are the RAM and the HDD.
#5 - garph
Quote from Racer325 :2 cpus, with means 3.20GHz is pretty good, maybe another gig of ram wouldnt hurt.

It just means he's got dual core 1.6Ghz cpu, 2 cpu's yes but you don't add up the Ghz, it's still just 1.6Ghz.
thanks for all your help, shame i cant upgrade much, but when i got it i never thought i'd want to upgrade anything! but i'd like to do whatever i can to generally make it better

ahh well, i might give extra ram a go, i found 1gb for £18.39 by a company called transend, does anyone else have any suggestinos

im planning on getting a new one early next year, so i'll jsut struggle through untill then
#7 - Migz
Quote from Racer325 :2 cpus, with means 3.20GHz is pretty good

It just doesnt work like that, and even if it did LFS is limited to one core.
Ram is pretty much the only upgrade option you have, but I don't think you'll see any performance increase in LFS.
I didn't mean to add it up that way. and actually never remember posting that

Although yes more ram, is better but i'll doubt it will increase that much fps in lfs.

Will this help?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG