The online racing simulator
The end of the world
(393 posts, started )
#51 - Migz
Quote from RacerAsh3 :
To be hounest, what twat would really want to do something which could possibly lead to a complete and epic fail.

They've invested millions of billions of pounds into this, i doubt they'd decide to not do it.
Then they shouldnt be allowed to do it tbh.

Id rather live to a healthy age, than to find out how the big bang was formed to be hounest.

EDIT : And if it does go wrong, and we all die a horrible death.... who will give 2 f***'s about it anyway, because we remember it once we are dead.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :But that just makes the whole thing even more exciting. I can't wait for it to get fired up just to see if the world does ingest itself or not.

If no...then the ramifications of discovering something new, like this Higgs boson, would be mindblowing.
If yes...very very unlikely...I think we should just enjoy the show.
Quote from Fabri91 :If no...then the ramifications of discovering something new, like this Higgs boson, would be mindblowing.
If yes...very very unlikely...I think we should just enjoy the show.

Exactly, if it works religious zealots will have to shut up for once, if not we'll all be dead so it doesn't matter.

Also linky. It is an interesting read.
#55 - 5haz
I bet they fire the particles at eachother, and miss.
Oh well, the world is gonna be "eaten" by the sun in 11 billion years anyways, so who cares if the world is destroyed now. (me, actually)
Quote from fraghetti :Oh well, the world is gonna be "eaten" by the sun in 11 billion years anyways, so who cares if the world is destroyed now. (me, )

I do - I have an LFSBC Race on Saturday
Maybe it can create a blackhole but since its gravity power and lifespan depend on his mass it would would be totaly harmless and would last for a ridiculous amount of time.

Plus as they said there are collisions with much more energy than happen all the time on the edge of our atmosphere and earth is still there!

and anyway I heard that chuck norris is working on the case
Well, yes. The world will end on wednesday and the human race will be eliminated.
So what are you afraid of?

Isn't the point of most scientific experiments to have a prediction, and have a pretty good idea of what is about to happen? Add $10bn to this definition and you have yourself the LHC. They are reasonably sure of what will happen, and are clearly not stupid enough to smash those atoms without a pretty good idea that the world will not end as a result. I have to say, it appalls me that so many people (especially in schools) believe this crap! I mean, seriously, if there was a chance of the LHC killing a baby deer I'm sure you would see some government or EU or UN putting a stop to it with their insane political POWAH.
I'm going to looking freaking stupid oif this experiment goes tits up
Oh, and for the record - the machine is being turned on, on Wednesday. This means that only one particle will be circulating. Another particle will be added later this month. Then we will have a big ol' fashioned collision!
For Gods sake don't let lerts in here ! XD

Going round our school aswell. My lady friends are sh*tting bricks over it XD

Sarge.
#63 - Jakg
If I died tomorrow I wouldn't care. I'd be dead.

My friends and family probably would, but they'd be dead.

Be a shame not to be with them ever again but if we all die at the same time painlessly it seems like it's nothing to be scared of.

Not that I think we will, but meh...
Quote from Jakg :If I died tomorrow I wouldn't care. I'd be dead.

Be a shame not to be with them ever again but if we all die at the same time painlessly it seems like it's nothing to be scared of.

it's only tuesday tomorrow.
Although i'm sure the world wont end this week one thing I am curious to know is CERN's position on the stringlet quark thingamies, the ones that turn all other matter into more of themselves, like an atomic sexually transmitted disease.

This has also been touted as another doomsday scenario but I cant find a suiteably simple easy to digest for the masses Beckyfied explanation of what the odds of that are, all the reassurances are about black holes. Infact I see a video of a CERN representative earlier get asked the question and he answered about black holes instead.

So what's the deal with that, am I going to be protonically pillaged by a sexually transmitted atom?

Are you depressed Jakg?, or an emo by any chance?
Well, I guess that death is inevitable so why not die on Wednesday. Shame I'd have never have ridden my bike

Nice knowing everyone! Bye
#69 - Jakg
Quote from danowat :Are you depressed Jakg?, or an emo by any chance?

No, but honestly if death was the end - and everything ended at the exact same moment would you know? would you care, being dead and all?

I'm not emo fwiw
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well, I guess that death is inevitable so why not die on Wednesday. Shame I'd have never have ridden my bike

Nice knowing everyone! Bye

Well jump on it and go for a ride, as long as you have a skid lid and aren't riding like a cock no one will give two shits about you

If the world did end on Wednesday the only thing I'd regret is not getting more stamps in my passport.
#71 - pipa

Well it wouldnt be that painfull, but id still like to keep living.
... well considering the chance of a survial of the human race [/irony] what happens, if we find the TOE due to this? Maybe this would be a bigger risk for the earth, if it includes, some new forms of energy, new forms of weapons, wich will make the a-bomb look like a cute baby. "Heller als Tausend Sonnen" (brighter then tousend suns) is a book i know, where people like Oppenheimer are talking about theoretical things dealing with it. Dürrenmatt (an author) wrote the book "Die Physiker" (The physic professors), wich finally deals with the TOE as possible weapon.

I mean, this would be more serious then the actual collusion. Well... in my Physic course, we all laugh about the "Destruction Theory". When looking at the German doctors or profesors who warning that the world ends, I only see profs of chemistry or biologie.

As I said earlier, the energy is big.
Quote from TFalke55 :Mathematically: these two particles will have the energy of two Thrust SSCs driving with maximum speed and chrash nose into nose... only difference: the energy will be in one point in CERN.

but I misunderstood the magazin. It sais two middle class cars with more then the speed of sound have the energy of these particles.

little mathematical excursion:
Ekin = m · v²
Ekin 1 = m1 · v²
Ekin 2 = m2 · -v²

ΔEkin 1;2 = m1 · v1² - m2 · v2²

m = 1000 kg
v1 = 343 m/s
v2 = 343 m/s

ΔEkin 1;2 = 1.294139·10^8 Nm (or J)

am I right?

it is not freaking that much, if I'm right...

EDIT: but I think i did make a bigger mistake, as it is 2207 over here

EDIT2: gonna try it with the actual data, such as c0 and the mass of the particles... by the way... is the particle mass known by anybody...??? as they don't hit the real speed of light, the thing that particles are getting infinite bigger and getting an infinite mass is irrelevant, isn't it?
My opinion is it isnt gonna end!!!! This is just the big bang theory. What about other theories, my Geography teacher was telling me that it was particles of dust stuck together by gravity sucking them in (creating layers) so..................... believe what you want to believe
Quote :believe what you want to believe

Gravity is covered in newtonian physics, is in places mutually exclusive with quantum physics. We already know that fundamentally both sciences are flawed. We can sort of make the mathematical models work by suggesting that 23% of everything is invisible and undetectable because it's too "dark" to see it (Dark Matter).

String Theory bypasses all the fixes and says that actually everything is in the 11th dimension, which is very tiny, and we cant see it.

This reactor is supposed to prove there are 11 dimensions, all I know is that's going to make the dice in monopoly a really odd shape.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Well jump on it and go for a ride, as long as you have a skid lid and aren't riding like a cock no one will give two shits about you

If the world did end on Wednesday the only thing I'd regret is not getting more stamps in my passport.

xD Haven't done my test yet. Booking my test as soon as they get back to me, then I have to insure it

Talking of stamps in the passport, off on holiday to Malta on the 20th, shame that the world will have ended before we go

The end of the world
(393 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG