The online racing simulator
Was this race fair?
(31 posts, started )
Was this race fair?
Hey guys,

Ok I had an event last night with the FXR around Oval for a 1 hour race.

Now there has been a big discussion on team's forum saying it was fair/unfair etc. so thought I would come here and get your opinions (hopefully no one from the forum in the arguement will cream me for this and have a arguement about it here :P)

My nickname is Stevo in the replay (username lowrider181), qualified 3rd and I lead for basically most of the race. The action starts at 51 minutes.

Crazy who is 1 lap behind, bump drafts Chucky to basically the end of the race. This makes chucky catch me up and then he actually passes me. Now when Crazy passes me, he then is dis-obeying the blue flag, and finding it harder for me to pass chucky again. But Crazy kept bump drafting Chucky so it increases his lead and ends up winning. In the end he did get a 15 second penalty making me win and him second but there has been a big disagreement about it.

Replay can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GF9O8D8S

Thanks for reading and hope you will watch the replay (you can skip to the action with the wonderful patch Z :P) and I will be waiting for your opinions.

Thanks

Stevo
My opinion?, I don't care, why should people here care?
I came here for opinions, I thought this was ment to be a friendly community who cares... obviously not then...

I just want to know who should of won.

Your the LFS racers community so I thought the best place to come for facts on it is here.
I don't see why anyone outside of said race would be interested, thats all.

Just seems futile bashing it out here, not going to change anything, who do YOU think should have won?
They don't have to, but some people out there who might give a care, I would like opinions so I know what the true outcome should of been.

If you don't care, don't post, simple.
Well, reading your description, it was not fair. Would i've been an admin, i'd ban his ass.
Quote from lowrider181 :Hey guys,

Ok I had an event last night with the FXR around Oval for a 1 hour race.

Now there has been a big discussion on team's forum saying it was fair/unfair etc. so thought I would come here and get your opinions (hopefully no one from the forum in the arguement will cream me for this and have a arguement about it here :P)

My nickname is Stevo in the replay (username lowrider181), qualified 3rd and I lead for basically most of the race. The action starts at 51 minutes.

Crazy who is 1 lap behind, bump drafts Chucky to basically the end of the race. This makes chucky catch me up and then he actually passes me. Now when Crazy passes me, he then is dis-obeying the blue flag, and finding it harder for me to pass chucky again. But Crazy kept bump drafting Chucky so it increases his lead and ends up winning. In the end he did get a 15 second penalty making me win and him second but there has been a big disagreement about it.

Replay can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GF9O8D8S

Thanks for reading and hope you will watch the replay (you can skip to the action with the wonderful patch Z :P) and I will be waiting for your opinions.

Thanks

Stevo

Was bumpdrafting permitted? (I would never join an event in which it was.) In case it was not allowed then the penalty was clearly justified. Behaviour under blue flag is also dependent on the rules. So in then end it seems there where no or just a limited set of rules otherwise this wouldn't have happend or you wouldn't need to argue about it, in your or this very forum.

Quote from danowat :My opinion?, I don't care, why should people here care?

whatever...
I wasn't speaking for everyone else, I was asking the question, hence the question mark.......
Quote from danowat :I wasn't speaking for everyone else, I was asking the question, hence the question mark.......

yeah right but its still a senseless comment. Who cares that you dont care about it...?
You do obviously......

The guy asked for opinions, I gave mine, just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it any less valid, does it.
That was a rhetorical question...

He wanted an opinion on the issue. Now does it contributes anything? Where is the substance that makes it a valid while useful opinion?
There was a discussion at the begining of the event if bump drafting should be a allowed of not, but it ended up being allowed.

The thing was, crazy who was bump drafting chucky was already 1 lap behind so he was basically out of the race, so thought he would mayaswell help chucky win with bump drafting. The main unfairness (if that is a word :P) about it was the blue flag issue when crazy passed me bump drafting chucky and putting me noff the racing line. Like i say, I just want opnions from people who do these kind of races so I can be sure enough the results were addiquit.

Edit: Here is the discussion on the TC forum if you are interested - http://forum.city-driving.co.u ... .php?tid=2012&page=10

thanks for your opnions guys anyways
well usually the blue flag rule on the oval, at least for long distance races should differ from curcuit track or shorter oval races where you need to get out of the way in order to not interfear with the leaders. In long distance races however this can add a lot to the race strategy, or can screw it up...if you know what i mean Nevertheless, even if the backmarkers are allowed to team up with cars that are one or more laps ahead, its a matter of respect to keep the actions low. Meaning that if one doesn't feel save enough then he should stay behind and catch the draft of the leading cars or if a draft pattern emerges, he should not use the crowbar and drive like its the last lap (every lap) or he is battling for a position or anything.

If i where "crazy" and even if "chucky" would have been my teammate then i would have bumped him only to catch up with you again. So again, the blue flag rule along with all the other rules should be clearly stated before the race.

Was it a fun event or something more serious?

Edit: I see, something more serious.

By entering you accept the following rules will apply
4. You WILL move for the blue flag.

No further input required i guess
Yeh, thanks for your opinion mate

At least I now know the desicion was right (in my favour).

It still was a fun race, but then it turned serious with the big arguement at the end.
It's oval racing, no-one really cares either way

Nascar is guarenteed to have a crash at least once a race so why are you complaining about this :]
again, a completely useless post.
Who are you to generalize that no one cares about oval racing?
That as a statement is incorrect.
at least he is honest about it and used a ->

No-one really does Oval racing, only FM junkies (Oh look you're in FM, says alot) and a few other people
yeah, you know this community very well...oh wait..you dont!

My bad, whatever.
#20 - pipa
Quote from fraghetti :.... Would i've been an admin, i'd ban his ass.

well the person you are reffering to is an admin

I thought it was a fun event, didnt think you took it that serious stevo.
I would go for the lapped driver NOT allowed to help other cars he is lap(s) behind as defence for your case.
It's easy to see that easing the throttle and 'wait' for someone to work with, is commonly used, but you're not allowed to let a driver go all way round to catch up with you to work with. Lapped drivers stay 'out of' the battle between forerunners ?
But he might have been paid to do so ?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No-one really does Oval racing, only FM junkies (Oh look you're in FM, says alot) and a few other people

Was that some sort of pathetic attempt to bash FM for no real reason? If so, you failed epically. Actually, you failed epically anyway
I didn't want to take it that serious, pipa, but with chucky and crazy protesting it was fair, I thought I would find out if it was acutally fair from people who does all of the racing so can get the facts straight.

May of gone a bit o.t.t. posting it but I just want more opinions to see if it was right or not.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :
Nascar is guarenteed to have a crash at least once a race so why are you complaining about this :]

It wasen't a crash though...
Quote from JO53PHS :Was that some sort of pathetic attempt to bash FM for no real reason? If so, you failed epically. Actually, you failed epically anyway

Yes, I do fail. I wasn't 'bashing' FM, rather pointing out since they're in FM they're going to like Oval racing, since last time I checked it's a mainly oval racing team. Do follow logic before insulting me

By the way, the only thing worse than failing is using 'epic' and 'fail' together. Not cool bro.

@Lowrider,
True, may have not been a crash but I'm just pointing out that there's going to always be issues with oval racing
Not that i had a problem with that in case it was true, but we never where a pure oval team (how boring would that be?). There is no such thing anyway (as far as i know). We're just using it (or used it) more then other teams and are not afraid of doing so despite the fact that its not perfect or 100% realistic or has a "bad reputation" (created by some wise guys who never or barely used this track before anyway). Some of us where mainly using it and some not at all. Just for your information and to explain my previous comment a bit more.

Was this race fair?
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG