The online racing simulator
What Program Do I Use For Skinning?
(16 posts, started )
Hi i wont to know how to make skins and i need a good program so wHat do i use to make skins?
IS Adobe Photoshop CS an good?:
i think its 6.0, its an old one
6.0 isn't CS, CS is 8 IIRC.

It will work just fine for skinning.
There is just "ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS", which I used, until it busted (I think it was my error)

It was great, simple as heck, and produced great results. Plus, it supports many formats that I can't get with freeware.

On the subject of freeware, try http://www.gimp.net/ or http://www.getpaint.net/. These are both quite good.

I use GIMP to open the PSD files from www.master-skinnerz.com, remove the wireframe, and save it as a JPG. I then bring the wireframe back, and delete everything but it. I then save the wireframe as a PNG, so it keeps transparency, then I do the same for the black mask.

Now, I open up these files on Paint.NET, use the JPG as the base to paint upon, then add the wireframe and blackmask. Reselect the base layer, and use the tools to get skinning.

Or, just pay for Photoshop.
I use Photoshop CS3 which is really great. Simpler and easier to use than previous versions, and much more compatible too A bit expensive though.
Quote from Craig010 :I use Photoshop CS3 which is really great. Simpler and easier to use than previous versions, and much more compatible too A bit expensive though.

Ha! a "bit" expensive all right.. understatement of the day!
Hey

I Use Adobe Photoshop CS3

It May be Expensive But It Is Very Good

Drifting Mad 762
Hey

I Use Adobe Photoshop CS3

It May Be Expensive But It Is Very Good

Drifting Mad 762
I got CS3 for free and I'd say its the best program you can use for skinning. I think you'll find that most of the 'pro' skinners use this program.
Use GIMP, is good and simple :=)
Quote from flymike91 :I got CS3 for free and I'd say its the best program you can use for skinning. I think you'll find that most of the 'pro' skinners use this program.

me uses it if im considered pro
But IMo this is by far the best software to skin

For lfs aswell as GTR evolution, Richard burns rally, Rfactor and lotsa more
CS2 is exactly the same if you're only skinning with it, so there's a cheaper option
Quote from ErAri :Use GIMP, is good and simple :=)

+1, but it still takes time to practise if you want good skins tough

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG