The online racing simulator
Ever gone through an LFS "Bored" phase?
Anyone here ever go through a phase of boredom with LFS? Anyone going through one now?

At the moment I feel somewhat tired of it. I don't know why, I guess I don't prioritize it compared to other activities. Or maybe because I am struggling to learn mouse when everyone's getting the real experience with the wheel. (Yes I know the solution here. :|)

How do I regain interest in this game? What can I try that will get me back on the track again? It's not that I dislike the game, I just feel like I'm missing something.
Here. I'm bored of this game as well. The reason why is the time I spent with it. It's similar to having friends you hang out with or a brother or sister. You spend enough time with them that you pretty much know them. What they do and how they act become so repetitive that it becomes annoying, then irritating, then you start going into bitch fits and try to distance yourself from them.
I have a wheel too and although it is more fun, I got sick of the downsides (loud, slow FF, looks like a toy, no h-gate shifter and clutch). I went to FPS games like Counter-Strike and Combat Arms. I'm starting to get sick of them too so I might come back soon.

You aren't missing anything. If you are, it's probably a good challenge.
Just take some time off the game. Then come back when you're ready.
i havent played lfs in like umm a month and i might not play till i get my new comp in about 5 weeks.
Quote from Scatter :Here. I'm bored of this game as well. The reason why is the time I spent with it. It's similar to having friends you hang out with or a brother or sister. You spend enough time with them that you pretty much know them. What they do and how they act become so repetitive that it becomes annoying, then irritating, then you start going into bitch fits and try to distance yourself from them.
I have a wheel too and although it is more fun, I got sick of the downsides (loud, slow FF, looks like a toy, no h-gate shifter and clutch). I went to FPS games like Counter-Strike and Combat Arms. I'm starting to get sick of them too so I might come back soon.

You aren't missing anything. If you are, it's probably a good challenge.
Just take some time off the game. Then come back when you're ready.

I used to play Combat Arms but the boredom factor kicked in as well. I feel similar with CSS but I still play it from time to time. I've played a lot of Team Fortress 2 to pass the time, I guess I do need some time off.
Ya, I've gone through about 2 different LFS "bored" stages. both were because of crappy / no updates for month after month. I normally play for half a year, then quit until a big update comes out.
I have been/still are in a "bored" phase with lfs, but i'm starting to get more into it again. the last few months i haven't really played at all and i have been playing alot more xbox 360.

hopefully when i scrape up enough money for a half decent pc so i can actually race without tons of stuttering i will be playing more.
Yes, a few times, but I always come back to it, it's just a cycle that everyone goes through.
#8 - aoun
Agreed with danowat.

I just recently started to get back into LFS.
I think everyone who's here for a while goes through such a phase, which isn't all that surprising considering how slowly LFS moves forward. Personally I haven't participated in an online race in 2008 yet. However, almost everyone comes back for another fix after they've gone through it, which speaks volumes for how good LFS is.
Quote from AndroidXP :However, almost everyone comes back for another fix after they've gone through it, which speaks volumes for how good LFS is.

Or, how bad the competition is
Everything is relative, isn't it?
Indeed, depends if you are a glass half full, or glass half empty kinda person .

LFS does what it does (smooth, streamlined online racing) very, very well, and of course we'd all like x or y to keep it fresh, but in reality, no matter how much content, cars or tracks we had, you'd still get the same cycle.

@ OP, you can't force re-interest, find something else to occupy your time, you'll get the "LFS Itch" sooner or later.
My boredom of LFS is now approaching it's first birthday - if I don't count the one or two races I've had online. LFS is always installed on my comp tho', but atm I find CS:S more interesting than LFS I'm waiting for something new and interesting to come, some fresh new racing series and leagues.
I was bored of it a couple of weeks ago then i have gone alright again.
#15 - Woz
I have stepped away for a while and am currently playing FPS style games again. My driving room can get cold through the winter which puts me off but now Summer is almost here I will probably get back into LFS

I am also waiting for more content before I really get back into LFS. 5 years around LFS does that though
ive been playing cs and gta sa-mp alot.
Thankfully not yet. But then again I've not been here long and only clocked up 32k miles.

Sure some months I play more than others, but if things do feel a little jaded I usually pick a combo I've never run before and have a blast in that
I had, when i was on holiday i havent played lfs once
Been thorugh it twice. The first time I was gone I didn't play for 1 month, the 2th time I was gone I did not play for around 3-4 months. Now I do play LFS every now and then, and think I got a more healty relationship with it. If you play it many hours each day you eventually will feel burned out and tired of driving the same tracks over and over again.
well i only played lfs once this week
so maybe i am in a "LFS boring phase" now
I only "play" about 2-3 hours every two weeks, not because I am bored, but because I get no bloody time to "play"
Quote from danowat :Yes, a few times, but I always come back to it, it's just a cycle that everyone goes through.

Agreed had i few times to actualy i have one now
I think we all get a bit bored with LFS when there is no changes for months and amonths and months. If the devs did an update every 3 months, however small , it would partly stop this but as it is we have an update every 12 months (ish) and this is too big a gap

In CD we have over 50 Race Team Members and its simple to see when the "Bored of LFS" syndrome kicks in as we dont see some of our members for weeks

A new bit of content and they are all back for a while

One thing is for sure, i have used LFS more than any other game i have tried as the others normally last a month before i get bored.

I think many of us use LFS as its by far the easiest to race online with, and there is always a race to be had without all the waiting about.
I'm currently only racing for leagues, although I did have a great session on Bump and Jump on Monday. But I have lots of work that I didn't do over the summer, so I'm balancing that, TF2, LFS, sleeping and video making all at the same time.
I only jump on CTRA every once in a while, nobody notices.

Ever gone through an LFS "Bored" phase?
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG