The online racing simulator
SO4 - Suburban cruising
(11 posts, started )
SO4 - Suburban cruising
NEW!! (v1.3) I hosted server called "RPG: Suburban Cruising", so you can drive the layout with your friends if you like. The server isn't necessarily online 24/7, but I try to keep it on as much as possible.

NEW!! (v1.3) Unfortunately due to lack of obstacles (Red and white concrete blocks) this layout was not apropriate for LTC. Therefore other cruising servers can send me a pm if they would like to discuss about my layout on their server.

This layout is mainly for cruising (Either offline or online, as I made it so that AI won't crash to obstacles. Only exception is 2nd roundabout if AI is using faster car than XRT, and even then it doesn't hit all the time). Majority of cruising layouts uses concrete blocks to separete the two lanes from each other. I found it rather unrealistic, as how many times have you seen this kind of blocks in the middle of a street? Instead, I used more realistic alternatives, such as cones.

I imagined that there had happened some kind of big disaster (Earthquake or hurricane would be nice, but afaik there are none of those in Great Britain, so it might also be a terrorist strike or a plane crash), and thus the entire district is under construction.

Please note that because I tried to simulate as realistic South City as possible, I also made it left-hand driving. Because of contruction sites, some one-way streets are now divided into two, so it is actually possible to drive it in both directions. The signs will instruct you.

NEW!! (v1.3)Features:
- Modified pitlane. You'll have to reverse from garage.
- Police station (Located on pitlane. When you enter the pitlane, immediately turn left and drive to the back alley).
- Tow-truck parking slots (Located on pitlane, in the back alley).
- Drifting area (Located after T2). It is rather small, because I had to put concrete blocks to prevent accidential exiting from track.
- Construction sites (Located about everywhere).

What do you think of this layout? Any feedback is welcome.

EULA: By downloading the layout you accept these terms. Needless to say, don't steal this layout and offer it to cruising servers. However, you can freely use it offline.

Sorry guys, had to put that there, so some jerk wouldn't claim it his own and offer it to the servers...

Picture 1: Police station.

Picture 2: Enterance to police station.

Picture 3: Enterance to parking alley and to garages. Also see how I blocked frontdoors to them.

Picture 4: Parking slots for Tow-trucks.

Picture 5: Enterance to drifting area.
(Obsolete)

Picture 6: Random contruction site.

(v1.2) Picture 7: Added poles near pit enterance to make it look better.

(v1.2) Picture 8: Improved police stake-out places with extra details. Also done some improvements to cones all over the South City.
(Obsolete)

(v1.2)Picture 9: Improved the lane exiting 2nd pit. Now it is much more clearer where you should drive.

(v1.2)Picture 10: Changed the enterance to drifting area. Why to have two stop-lines for both directions? It would mean that when you are about to enter drifting area, you would have to stop right in the middle of an intersection (Plus it looks much neater this way)! I also added some extra details, like spare cones in the corner and an opened gate.

NEW!! (v1.3) Layout: SO4_cruise_3.lyt

Chases against AI:
FXO GTR vs RB4 GT (v1.0): Chase using FXO GTR.spr
FXO vs XF GTI (v1.1): Chase using FXO.spr

Use the horn5.wav from this soundpack (Made by [LTC] Tribe).
Use these skins (Made by Turbolence).
Attached images
so4_cruise_1.JPG
so4_cruise_2.JPG
so4_cruise_3.JPG
so4_cruise_4.JPG
so4_cruise_6.JPG
so4_cruise_2_1.JPG
so4_cruise_2_3.JPG
so4_cruise_2_4.JPG
Attached files
Chase using FXO GTR.spr - 275.3 KB - 363 views
Chase using FXO.spr - 181.9 KB - 292 views
SO4_cruise_3.lyt - 3.9 KB - 655 views
It seems good! I'll give it a go!
I am impressed by your effort to create (and describe) such a diverse and detailed layout. Thank you.
Quote from David33 :I am impressed by your effort to create (and describe) such a diverse and detailed layout. Thank you.

I am delighted that you liked my layout.

I have a lively imagination. Also played lots of RPG's when I was younger. Nowadays I just don't have time for it.

Anything you would like me to add/change in a layout?
nice layout even though I dissagree with your last statement

Quote from Gekkibi :as [LTC] is far better cruising server than the rest.

Quote from Zachary Zoomy :nice layout even though I dissagree with your last statement

Everyone has it's own opinions. I like the license-point -system in LTC. Okay, they also have features I don't like that much, for example stock-shares.
Quote from Gekkibi :

I imagined that there have happened some kind of big disaster (Earthquake or hurricane would be nice, but afaik there are none of those in Great Britain

Well as of early this morning there has been an earthquake in GB so quite a good layout

Its really neat & Tidy and I like the drive on the left thing

I hope they choose it for LTC
Quote from JO53PHS :Well as of early this morning there has been an earthquake in GB so quite a good layout

...I didn't knew I can do fortune telling.

Quote from JO53PHS :
Its really neat & Tidy and I like the drive on the left thing

Ya, I made it for left thing because of arrows in the asphalt (Can't rotate those) and because I am just so freaking perfectionist (If Subset "South City" belongs to a group Great Britain and subset "left-lane-driving" belongs to a group Great Britain, then by boolean algebra (Implication, ->) I get the answer (42)). Anything you like me too add/change on a layout?

Quote from JO53PHS :
I hope they choose it for LTC

Me too, tired of those concrete blocks!
If someone whos expertise is drifting can suggest me a better layout for the drifting area. I admit it: Don't have enough space. I made it so it is possible to do figure of eight. If you would like to help me, make a new layout where you improve that drifting area.

I know jack about drifting, and thus don't know how much room every trick needs. Someone must know.
Made little adjustments to layout, and thus v1.3 was born. Also modified text in my first post.
I love te fact you describe each picture, i will try your layout in a bit, i think you should actually start a host for this or give permission for the TC servers to use it!! would be great as a cruise SERVER TRACK

SO4 - Suburban cruising
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG