The online racing simulator
Teamspeak/LFS Conflict
(6 posts, started )
Teamspeak/LFS Conflict
Just installed a new video card (Radeon X1650) and audio card (SB Audigy), now I have a problem with conflicts between Teamspeak and LFS.

When TS is running LFS will run fine for a few seconds and then the FPS go to single digits, the car "teleports" to various parts of the track (including underneath the track), and I lose microphone input (which can sometimes only be restored by restarting TS) (microphone is on a Logitech 9000 webcam). Audio-out still works, but at reduced volume and with static.

LFS still runs, but the car "teleports". Wheel inputs affect the car and on screen displays are consistent with where the car ends up ("WRONG WAY", "RETIRED", etc.), but the car is all over the place and the object rendering is off (some objects float in midair). LFS runs just fine without TS running and vice versa.

No other programs seem to be affected this way, though Skype has had some issues with muting the audio-out when it launches.

Any ideas as to what is going on?
#2 - CSU1
I know it sounds a tad obvious but did you try a fresh start of LFS, maybe the LFS config file still thinks your old cards are installed.

as for the skype problem, this clearly is an indication that something is not right. As with LFS maybe your OS installation is partly based on your old cards causing these conflicts?
Quote from CSU1 :I know it sounds a tad obvious but did you try a fresh start of LFS, maybe the LFS config file still thinks your old cards are installed.

I assume you mean a fresh install. Assuming that is the case, I haven't tried that yet. Is there a way to modify the config without a fresh install?

Quote :as for the skype problem, this clearly is an indication that something is not right. As with LFS maybe your OS installation is partly based on your old cards causing these conflicts?

None of the old drivers are installed. I downloaded some software to look for drivers, conflicts, etc., and found nothing of the old stuff (other than on-board sound, which seems to be dying on the analog side). I checked for conflicts and looked at the IRQ addressing to see is something obvious stood out. Nothing did.
#4 - CSU1
I think if you just delete the config file LFS creates a new one on next startup but don't do that as im not 100% sure as i havent been around the sim in a while.

If someone else here could confirm the above is safe to do???

It may be a simple case of reinstalling any applications or software to accommodate your new hardware, LFS does not 'install' itself on a system but just creates a config file to store info on hardware etc...hope it helps some.
Quote from CSU1 :I think if you just delete the config file LFS creates a new one on next startup but don't do that as im not 100% sure as i havent been around the sim in a while.

If someone else here could confirm the above is safe to do???

It may be a simple case of reinstalling any applications or software to accommodate your new hardware, LFS does not 'install' itself on a system but just creates a config file to store info on hardware etc...hope it helps some.

You can just cut and paste it elsewhere and see what happens. I imagine the worst thing that could happen is LFS doesn't start. In which case just copy it back.
The file card_cfg.txt is the only place I could find that contains any hardware info. It appears to contain the proper video settings:

Adapter Select 0
Adapter Name Radeon X1650 Series
ZBD Select 2
Simple Track 0

I saw nothing about audio devices, though.

I'm going to try swapping the PCI cards to different slots to see if anything happens.

Edit: I move the audio card, no change. However, I think this is an audio problem (or maybe USB problem) that is manifesting itself as a video issue in LFS. When LFS is in window mode but is not the active window, I get no video issues. As soon as a select the LFS window, the video goes nuts. The only difference that I can see between active and inactive is the lack of audio and the lack of game controller input. The video runs along happily at 48-55 fps when the LFS is inactive.

Edit2: The problem remains even after I've exited TS. A telepit and re-join seems to be enough to get things going again. No issues with iTunes, WinAmp, or Foobar.

Teamspeak/LFS Conflict
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG