The online racing simulator
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It's a deal then

What's the story with under 18's? Are we allowed go, and/or stay at the camp site?

E: I'm lost as to how I'd get there. Neither Ryanair nor Aer Lingus fly from Shannon/Cork to Cardiff. Ryanair does fly to East Midlands, that's about as close as they'll go. Aer Lingus will fly from Dublin to Cardiff, but it's a 3 hour journey form Shannon (where I am) to Dublin, which I can't do, due to not having a car...And I'm too poor to spend €400 on a taxi to Dublin, or the same from East Midlands to Cardiff. Anybody know of any English operators going Shannon to Cardiff and vice-versa? I've not had to organise flights before (always been the domain of the parents) so I'm a bit confused atm

Well I use some of these sites when looking for flights during work.Though to be honest checking now will only give you a slight idea, schedules are likely to change from now till next summer.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Well I use some of these sites when looking for flights during work.Though to be honest checking now will only give you a slight idea, schedules are likely to change from now till next summer.

Cheers for the links

It seems there's no operators doing the Shannon to Cardiff route, so maybe I could fly to Bristol/London and hitch a lift with someone, depending on who's going from where...

I shall see nearer the time
Well they won't be able to drink, obviously.

I'm not sure what the legal position of under 18s meeting up with some people from the internet is (quite dodgy, I imagine), so perhaps we should print out parental consent forms or something...
make sure the parental consent forms include dressing up as an altar boy
Too much risk, If you get into a situation where you are not sure what is legal and what isnt and a minor is involved, you can take it as read that if it went to jury some old biddy will decide you where in the wrong.

That assumes a parent would be mad enough to send their kid off to meet not 1 but a crowd of people from the internet, which I sincerely hope they aren't.

Bring a parent with you and all the problems go away.

Seriously, even I didnt turn up to the karting do without taking some precautions and i'm older and better able to protect myself.
Good work Jason, sounds excellent. It's too far ahead for me to be able to say for sure yet but I'm very interested and would likely bring 1/2 team-mates along.
Personally I don't see a problem with over 16's but under that age I think you would need to come with an adult.
Interested!
Quote from Becky Rose :hey, imma meat eater! Vegetarians are persecuting the plants to spare the cute fluffy animals, I dont hold with that! I do like my spirits over beer though ;p...

I think for me my days of pitching tent in a field are over, I need facilities, maids on standby, and room service! I'll think about it though, and decide nearer the time. Have you any idea yet when abouts in the year you are likely to run this?

Becky, if you look at the photo of the track there is a caravan park next door to the track. This is owned by a different company but we can find out if these are available for hire. I will also have a look at local B&B's if you want. We are thinking July or August for the date. We will ask the karting centre what dates are available and hold a poll then.
I'll be 17 at the time, so I should be OK. BTW, the minimum drinking age over here is 17, and I'm an Irish citizen, so I'll be under Irish law :shhh:

Sounds like a great plan though, should be fun
i'll be the their
Long way ahead, but sign me up... And is that web site some kind of eighties retro thing, or did someone actually think it was a good idea? Tell them I'll happily do a redesign for free, because such abominations are deserving of mercy!
That is one of the best track's i've raced at, earlier this year in July good choice.

But unfortunatley I live around 6 hours away, so this is too far for me
Quote from nihil :Long way ahead, but sign me up... And is that web site some kind of eighties retro thing, or did someone actually think it was a good idea? Tell them I'll happily do a redesign for free, because such abominations are deserving of mercy!

It is bad eh Maybe we could try to get some money off for redesigning it?
Quote from jasonmatthews :It is bad eh Maybe we could try to get some money off for redesigning it?

Its worth a shot - £250 quid a day, two days work - pitch them a figure of £500 off the full price and see where that gets us!
Worth asking them, cheers
Just checking out the page and noticed the rental karts appear to be single seater cadet karts?

Cadets are not so good for comfort in endurance events (you sit lop sided) and are a bit underpowered for those who carry their own seat padding on their hips.
Quote from Becky Rose :Just checking out the page and noticed the rental karts appear to be single seater cadet karts?

Cadets are not so good for comfort in endurance events (you sit lop sided) and are a bit underpowered for those who carry their own seat padding on their hips.

Are you looking at the corporate event or arrive and drive karts? As in the Northeast Karting, the corporate karts are better than the arrive and drive karts..
ah yeah just spotted that. What an aweful web page.
me me me

awesome track
If it is a private piece of land then basically there is no rules...under the owners permission anyone can drink. Never stopped me :P

God i been drinking since i was 14

As long as your not stupid and go over board your fine lol oh i love being drunk...all i do is dance dance dance and dance again :elefant::drink:
Put my name down, obviously still very early to confirm. Sounds good though.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG