The online racing simulator
Inspirational quotes
(59 posts, started )
I like this one.

"Don't ask for it; go win it on your own. Do that and you'll succeed."

It's from Eureka 7

Dunno where I got this one from, but it sums this place up imo.

"You think this is just a game to us. Well it's not. We take it serious, so serious it hurts."
"If you really want something in life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers." -- Homer Simpson

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Contrary to what you've just seen, war is neither glamorous nor fun. There are no winners, only losers. There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. If you'd like to learn more about war, there's lots of books in your local library, many of them with cool, gory pictures." -- Bart Simpson
"I do not personally regard the whole of the remaining cities of Germany as worth the bones of one British Grenadier" - Arthur "Bomber" Harris, Bomber Command, Febuary 1945.

"Not the archers. My scouts tell me their archers are miles away and no threat to us. Arrows cost money. Use up the Irish. The dead cost nothing." - a line from Braveheart.

if its worth saying, say it with Imperialism!

Now if I can find real provenance for "What the enemy still have bullets? Throw in some more Australians" i'll be dead happy... I can find lots of evidence, but no actual quote!
Quote from dougie-lampkin :"Ha, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." - General John Sedgwick, as he was shot down by enemy sniper fire. My all time favourite quote

I love this quote...

"Why are you all ducking? They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."

Love it.
#55 - IDUI
"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style." - Despair
you have to love your enemy to defeat him

ender
Our housemate was giggling like a schoolgirl flipping pancakes on Shrove Tuesday with his girlfriend.

I told him he "puts the 'thick' in romantic"

My other housemate said to me later that "that Pancake Tuesday was my Black Monday"

You might have had to be there
"What the hell was that noise?" - Mayor of Hiroshima.

"I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?" - Monty Python.
Quote from tristancliffe :"What the hell was that noise?" - Mayor of Hiroshima.

"I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?" - Monty Python.

Haha love the first one.

Inspirational quotes
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG