The online racing simulator
DFP pedals, which version?
(12 posts, started )
Ive searched the forum for this but all i found was people with problems with the pedals.
I havent got any problems, but after i bought my wheel i found there are 2 types of pedals, one with plastic pots, the other with metal. Everything i have read is the metal are the better pedals. So what im wondering is, is there a way to find out which pedals i have?
I asked vaguely before and only response i got was to take them apart but i dont want to do that as ive got a 2 yr warrenty which i dont want to void.

Thanks.
Im pretty sure they stopped making the rev.A (plastic pots) pedals a long time ago, so it would be very rare finding a DFP with the original pedals. As long as you buy it from a common store, you can pretty much be sure you have the updated pedals. Plus it will say rev.B on a plastic wrapper in the box.
Good someone finally asked this and somebody answered it. I was wondering the same thing for a while too now, because the one I bought just happend to be the last one in the store, and I don't think that in that place they sell it a lot. But like you said, there is a plastic wrapper in the box that says: rev. B00. Don't know what was in that wrapper tho, it was the size of a plastic CD pocket, maybe from the manual or something.
I've mentioned this several times. I bought my DFP and all markings said Rev B. However once the pedals went bad I opened em up and they were the crappy little white plastic pots. Rev number is (was) no guarantee of getting the better pots.

But as mentioned most, if not all new DFPs should have the newer pedals, unless the stock is very old.

If I were you I'd just open them up and have a look. Firstly there's no way you can tell if they've been opened or not, and secondly if you do need Logi to replace them, AT MOST all proof they'll want is the plug from the pedals to be cut off and sent to them. They asked this from me, but new pedals arrived anyway.

If you do take them apart and (like me) your clumsy and useless, take special notice how the springs all sit. It's fairly obvious, but they leapt out of their positions when I opened mine, and being dopey, it took me ages to put them back. Saying that, I now take em apart every couple of months to clean them up and clean the pots, no trouble
You're a bit incorrect there. It's just a very little thing, and you can overcome it with being very very carefull, but when you open your DFP, the black paint will come off the screws, this only happens if you open it, otherwise they'll stay black. So don't say they'll never know you opened it.
Didn't notice that. Well spotted

But really, Logitech aren't going to ask you to return the entire pedal unit, then refuse to replace what are already know to be POS pedals simply because you opened them in an attempt to get them working.

When I called them they didn't even ask when I'd bought them, they just said they'd send a new set.
Revision B pedals aren't bulletproof either, mine went funny after a week and the brake would stick or the revs would only go to 75% dependin on combined axis or not. I opened mine up and fixed the metal pots in place with some blu-tack and they've been solid since, and that's been with some serious use with no auto cut/blip so they're getting a lot of throttle lifts.

No worries though the rev.b pedals are super simple to open and fix , rev.a was a ballbuster if you weren't careful if i'm not mistaken, but resign yourself to the fact that you will have to do this at some point if you don't want to have to wait for a new set to be sent out.
How do you use blu-tack to hold them?
There's little metal bits that stick out of the pots that sit in small indents on the pedal base, it's the small indents that you pack with blu-tack so that theres no room for any movement of the pots in the indents.

There's some pics how to do it on the net I'll try and find them and post a link and I'll take some pics myself when I open my pedals up on tuesday when my squashball arrives from Ebay so I can mod the brake pedal.
Cool and the gang.
Well, just so you know it, the paint on the screws trick is used in practically every appliance that has warranty. Actually every device with black screws has those screws for that reason, never wondered why they also use black screws on, let's say, a silver television? My television is silver, but all the screws are black, wouldn't it be more logical to have silver screws? No.
Thanks for all the replies - i got mine from ebuyer in january, so they im guessing they should be rev b. Ill take a look tonight though to be sure.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG