The online racing simulator
How to pull a girl racer.
(266 posts, closed, started )
Quote from lococost :OMG Tiny is a girl? I noticed something a bit strange about him, well her, just couldnt lay my eyes on it.

the way she parks her car in the pits (btw i love stereotypes)
Quote :It's not just an internet-thing. It's also a racing thing.

As is well documented now I think, I race karts, and I have to disagree. Nobody pays me the slightest bit of attention when I turn up for a race in a new crowd/series etc. I get the odd look that i'd get anywhere, but it's not a suprise to see a woman at a race track wearing overalls.

It's a little different after the first few heats of course but that's because i'm actually *touch wood* pretty good. It's just a shame I cannot recreate my speed in LFS yet !

Quote :the way she parks her car in the pits (btw i love stereotypes)

I've always found it quite suprising that there are less women in racing, everyone knows we're better drivers ! I admit my spatial awareness is quite poor and certainly in a saloon I do wonder where the side is and if there really is room ahead to squeeze in 'a little one'.

In a kart and in a single seat race car I never have had a problem with this though because I can easily see the sides without looking.

In fact for as long as racing doesn't involve reversing and the tracks are not so long that I have to stop and ask directions then there is no reason why women cannot compete equally with men because all the physical work is being done by the car.

There's no male advantage in racing, with the possible exception of Formula One where drivers today have to have necks thicker than Arnold Scwarzenegger to withstand the g-forces. In fact the only female representation in the years i've been watching (1984 onwards) was the daughter of a rich Italian shoe tycoon, Giovanna Amati who's Dad bought her a drive with Brabham before they folded. She wasn't actually that quick as a race driver - but as she herself said, "I enjoy it.". How the other half live eh?...
#78 - Vain
Firstly, I restricted my statement to the very first time female drivers show up. And secondly, I can only speak from my own experience in the german Porsche Classic Car Trophy. If you made different experiences, great!

Vain
Quote from Becky Rose :

There's no male advantage in racing

I disagree, and I'm in no way being sexist, it's just plain old mother nature at work. It's just that if you put a man in a 600bhp supercar and a woman in a 600bhp supercar and they are involved in a high speed braking duel, you can bet your bottom dollar that the woman will back off first, and that's not because they're weaker than men, it's because they're not being driven by testosterone.
Quote from Bramski :I disagree, and I'm in no way being sexist, it's just plain old mother nature at work. It's just that if you put a man in a 600bhp supercar and a woman in a 600bhp supercar and they are involved in a high speed braking duel, you can bet your bottom dollar that the woman will back off first, and that's not because they're weaker than men, it's because they're not being driven by testosterone.

But if a female can overcome the lack of testosterone fuelled bravado then I see no reason why a female can't be as good a racer as a male. Sure the female physique is less biased towards endurance and strength, so in cars requiring more brute force or longer distances then the males will be at a slight advantage (training is a wonderful thing).

But if the female has the same basic bravery, and roughly comparible endurance then I suspect that women would be better in many areas - better under pressure, more clear tactical thinking (women can multitask) etc. Womens strengths are not better or worse than males, just different. If more women would be inclined to get into racing, which they won't be with male egos all over the place, then they can be very very competative.
Blah, I think Becky's "woman-being-hunted" senses are being tested to their limits. :o

I said "hi" to you online a while ago Becky, no reply, but maybe you were busy. Just a hello. But then some idiot says "Don't ask her for her A/S/L". :doh: :rolleyes:

She blocks messages soon after. Geezuz, I just hope that saying a "hello" won't get her to quit this game alltogether :zombie:
I hear what you're saying Tristan and until women actually compete at the same level as men we'll probably never know, I'm just going from my own experience with the female species. There will always be exceptions though, like Sabine who runs the ring taxi, she'd probably cut my dangly bits off and use them as fluffy dice on the rear view mirror for questioning the capabilities of female racing drivers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabine_Schmitz
Anyone seen topgear, where Sabine Schmitz beats Jeremies (I think) time in a jaguar, with a ford transit?
She didn't beat his time
Quote from tristancliffe :Sure the female physique is less biased towards endurance and strength, so in cars requiring more brute force or longer distances then the males will be at a slight advantage (training is a wonderful thing).

uh ... plain wrong ... strength yes but in endurance sports its well documented that women run or ski or whatever a whole lot more km over the year in training sessions than men do
Quote from sgt.flippy :Anyone seen topgear, where Sabine Schmitz beats Jeremies (I think) time in a jaguar, with a ford transit?

Yeah, she doesnt beat it, works out she was 0.5 secs a mile slower than clarkson. He was in a diesel jaguar s type and she was in a dieselford transit. I watched the best of top gear thing on friday lol.

Clarkson got a 9:59 and sabine got 10:18 (or 10:28) then she used a viper to draft and got it down to bout 10:07 or something.

Back on topic though, i think women arent in motorsport cause as said men get a testosterone (spelt right?) buzz from it where women dont - so just ont hat men enjoy it more. But as for one sex being more competitive than the other. With training and practice, i believe that given an equal car, women would equal the men. Obviously some people have "natural talent" so they would be quicker but theres no reason i see that a women couldnt win the f1 championship for example.

I also think that there are 2 more reason why more women in racing
1. Because of the reaction and s**t they would go through wth the drivers
2. Because team owners etc are just male pigs lmao. I remember bernie eclestone saying something bout women are only there to look pretty (dont quote me on that but was something along those lines) And really i think that puts women off alot.
I cant really comment being a guy, but im just observing what goes on.

Girls in lfs - who reli gives a damn. Its a phenominon (spelt right?) so i can see the, whoa a girl aspect but really is it that hard to believe?
Only girl i know ive raced was quicker than me, but then there was the rest of the fiedl quicker than me too lmao.

<joke>On a stereotypical point of view - its jsut a shame you dont have to reverse park into the garages for pit stops lol </joke>

Edit: i need to leanr to type going on all the typos above lol
Edit2: *learn
Edit 3: Rob you beat me.
I stand corrected with the laptime, but still, very impressive.
Quote from Shotglass :uh ... plain wrong ... strength yes but in endurance sports its well documented that women run or ski or whatever a whole lot more km over the year in training sessions than men do

Yep, was gonna mention that too, they got us beat in endurance.

As for Bernie's comments, i remember reading one along the lines
of "Women should be dressed in white like all those other
domestic appliances"
We have trendy red blenders though, and a silver watercooker. You can be a domestic appliance AND be trendy at the same time
Quote :I said "hi" to you online a while ago Becky, no reply

I was ignoring all chat, nothing personal, but I can't seem to log onto a server at the moment without someone saying something about a/s/l - let alone when I type something myself.

I had a wierd day online actually, I had a fair number of a/s/l comments from various people, then I logged onto the -[MG]- team's BL GP server and got myself kicked because I drove a damaged car back to the pits and interfered with another guys race (I was on the right side of the track after the main strait, which is 95% offline - but he caught me on the 5% that wasnt). I said sorry but it wasn't enough - he wanted to shout at me too and demand an explanation, and flex his influence over his mate with admin rights whilst I was half way through pandering to his demand. Yes it was my fault, yes I was sorry, no I didn't mean too, will I drive courteously toward you next time I see you? Actually I only remember his team name... Well, one for all and all for one ...

Then the pandemonium of that AS Club server you saw me on, I just decided to turn chat off and focus on the racing.

All in all it was a surreal morning.
Women Drivers, I dunno :rolleyes:

Only kiddin, my mums a woman, happy mothers day mother mum.

:boing:
Quote from Bramski :Only kiddin, my mums a woman, happy mothers day mother mum.

oh crap its mothers day ? dont tell me i missed it again
Hi I'm actually also a girl,seeing that not all men are...sexbombs I don't see a reason anymore to hide it and pretend that I'm a boy. Nice idea to start this topic Rose! Just hoping they don't start harrasing me now..
So, where do ya live?

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Well, you are an example of the kind of girls that prefers to be unknown. The hiding kind. You're name doesn't really sound girly, I don't know what skin you have on your car, but from the sound of it, it isn't pink. Good you came outta the closet Happy racing and avoiding pervs
This could get a bit like Terry Pratchet's book the Monstrous Regiment ...

For those that havn't read it, just ignore i'm not going to try and explain
Please explain, I followed this thread for too long to stop now because I don't have a single clue what you're saying

I miss zeugnimod
We are here to race not date
Who cares whether we race a male or a female or animal
We are here to race!!! get your priorities right ppl
Quote from Becky Rose :This could get a bit like Terry Pratchet's book the Monstrous Regiment ...

For those that havn't read it, just ignore i'm not going to try and explain

Dont think ive read that one
Possibly all the rest but dont remember that one, althoguh i dont remember names, only what happens.
Would this be about the socks down trousers thing?

Also i stand corrected on what bernie eclestone said - it knew was something bout looking at or something. Thats harsh tho saying shouold be in all white.
#99 - SamH
Quote from Becky Rose :This could get a bit like Terry Pratchet's book the Monstrous Regiment ...

hehe! I thought the same thing exactly, when I read GianniC's comment!

We have a couple of female racers in our team, hopefully about to make the progression into S2. It's up to them if they "out" themselves, but I will definitely point them to this thread before they choose their usernames, so they're aware of the dilemma that's ahead.

Regardless of political correctness, the dilemma is here because the "ASL" question is endemic not just to the Internet, but human nature itself. Only the right or wrong of it is a variable value, according to society (and they are many and varied in LFS) and it will always BE a variable.

Because we, at the moment, see the political INcorrectness in asking the ASL question, doesn't mean everyone else will. And being a matter of political correctness, we have to ALSO ask if we are right to impose our values on others in other societies by placing political expectations on them.

Perhaps binding an F key to "ASL? Anal Sex Later? Get lost, perve!" might be the short-term solution
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asl

I didn't even know that you can suggest having a**l sex just by saying those three letters

EDIT: link may contain some bad language. If you feel yourself incapable of understanding it, please, get the * away from here
This thread is closed

How to pull a girl racer.
(266 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG