The online racing simulator
Stupid AI
(32 posts, started )
Stupid AI
Why bot is so stupid? engine staled and he doesnt know what to do he shitches gears from R to 1 and presses gas omg lol what a stupid DD
#2 - Kdovi
Maybe because LFS is ONLINE racing simulator?
that is not the answer
Quote from mxpxun :that is not the answer

yes it is,

because lfs is an online racing simulator, the devs spend more time improving the online experience than the offline AI
Better response is because this is still in development, there is and will be bugs. There is a bug section on the forum to post issues like this and then they will get resolved in time. Being aimed at multiplayer/online community isn't a reason, but it is where most of the community lives. I have been the single player racer before and it is much better online, MUCH. That being said if the developers didn't wanna support singleplayer play, they wouldn't have added even very basic AI. Just report this in the bugs section with an easy way to get it to reproduce every time...
who would play stupid bots, when there is CTRA?

#7 - RS1T
Quote from Dennis93 :who would play stupid bots, when there is CTRA?

so begginers can practice in a no pressure enviroment
Most beginners do so before entering multiplayer world. Could be also a solution to lack of time if you want to race couple laps without having to wait until next race will start.

Or for example, s1 license.
I have to agree with the OP. As much as I *love* LFS, the AI simply sucks balls. They will even go out of their way to ram you off the racing line. I really hope AI gets some work in the future.

Saying that LFS is an online simulator is rather childish if you're asking me. If that be the case then why include AI? Does having the posibility to play online make it an Online simulator? What's rFactor, or GTR then?

I'm not an experienced racer like many here. I enjoy racing against the AI, but not in LFS. In LFS it can be extremely annoying to race the AI. My biggest wish for LFS would be improved AI.
Scawen already stated that AI have to be improved before S2 goes final. So it has the attention of the developer and will be improved in the future.
And it also has fricking AIs for offline playing if you haven't noticed.

Kids nowadays...
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Scawen already stated that AI have to be improved before S2 goes final. So it has the attention of the developer and will be improved in the future.

Didn't read that statement from Scawen, but it sounds great to me.

Quote from Kdovi :No, but calling it Online Racing Simulator on the homepage does.

When I said that I was refering to your answer. I should have been more clear. Personally I don't care what they call it. Online LFS does play like a charm. I'd like to stick to the OP's subject, the quality of the AI.

In the end, an answer like Yisc[NL] would suffice. I'm not attacking LFS so people don't need to get so defensive about it. Thanks.
Quote from Willem Moolenaar :I'd like to stick to the OP's subject, the quality of the AI.

The thing that I was trying to say is that the developing team is really small. They just have to focus on one side of the gameplay - singleplayer or multiplayer. And obviously, they've chosen multiplayer. You can't really expect both to be top notch, even quite large companies like Image Space Incorporated or iRMS can't do that. Look at rFactor - good AI but the netcode is still pretty bad even after many patches (especially for their motto "customize, control, connect"), or iRacing - there's no AI at all (well, it's probably on purpose but I wouldn't mind if there would be no AI in LFS either). Don't get me wrong in the last sentence, I don't mean that AI should be removed from LFS, I just mean that further improving is not really important.

Quote from Electric Eye :And it also has fricking AIs for offline playing if you haven't noticed.

Kids nowadays...

Oh, I beg your pardon Mister! I didn't realize that you're so much older and thus more mature
It's pretty much like complaining about the fact that bots in older versions of America's Army couldn't even move tbh...
Believe it or not, there are still ppl with no flatrate or driving skills, so they are better with the ai then online.
Quote from Stefani24 :Believe it or not, there are still ppl with no flatrate or driving skills, so they are better with the ai then online.

If we really need some improvement for new players (that is reasonably easy for Scawen; better AI would be of course the best soulution, but it's really hard work that takes quite a long time for one programmer to do), then it's having better setups in Racing School, I mean setups bit closer to actual racing ones, so that people can really learn something in there.
Quote from Kdovi :The thing that I was trying to say.... etc.

Yes Kdovi, that seems to be a acceptable explanation / answer. I would be inclined to agree.

I'm not expecting perfect AI with the next release, or even the release after that. As long as it's on the to-do list of the developers I'm satisfied.

Cheerio.
Have some spare time and wanna laugh at AI ?

Set up a local race on any track with 20 AIs and assign one different car model to every AI... place them on the starting grid so the slowest cars are in first position and fastest are in the back... then just watch the race.
I think the AI`s make a good training session. Put all th AI`s on track and leave one space for yourself.

Start last in the pack in the SoCity and try to get to the front

When you can do that, then you are ready to race online
Lol, great idea! Almost half the cars had span out before T1!
Attached images
S2 cars party!.jpg
umm you guys are forgetting something.... ai can be used online too. they can be added in a online game with /ai if the host allows it. think of a good ai with 50 or 60 cars on the track half being real drivers the other half being there ai driver.... that would be a fun/crazy/exciting race.

in my opinion the ai need to be a little more fearless get on oval with bf1 set, ai to use your setup, put a few ai on with bump drafting sets, once you touch one, they slam on the brakes, and almost act like a old lady turning in to the bank in her 1970's Lincoln. they need to let the tires squeal a little and get the tires a little hot.
#23 - senn
todays AI isn't perfect, but compared to what it was when it started out (u could beat pro AI everytime, no dramas) Being as the AI is always being improved saying they can't restart the engines is well meh. Now at least they learn, they don't just "tramline" along behind each other etc etc
And try to beat AI`s, in the MRT, in SO City !
That`s a hard game to win
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Scawen already stated that AI have to be improved before S2 goes final. So it has the attention of the developer and will be improved in the future.

all said, why didn't the thread finish here?

Stupid AI
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG