The online racing simulator
Malaysian GP top 8?
(24 posts, started )

Poll : Who will score points in the Malaysian GP?

Michael Schumacher
Fernando Alonso
Kimi Raikkonen
Jenson Button
Juan Montoya
Nico Rosberg
Felipe Massa
Giancarlo Fisichella
Mark Webber
Rubens Barrichello
David Coulthard
Jacques Villeneuve
Nick Heidfeld
Scott Speed
Christian Klien
Ralf Schumacher
Jarno Truli
Vitantonio Liuzzi
Tiago Monteiro
Christian Albers
Malaysian GP top 8?
So now that we've seen the performance of the cars let's have another vote on who will score points in Malaysia. please only pick 8 drivers

and unfortunately i have to leave out the super aguri team again because i can only fit 20 entries.

if you're just going to complain that there are too many F1 threads then don't post it here, just don't read them.

speedfreak227
nico rosberg must have quite an impression after that first race. i know i was impressed but i didn't expect more people to pick him than webber.

interesting...

speedfreak227
Despite Rosberg having defected to Germany, he has Finnish F1 Champ blood in him so he'll definitely be the one to look out for I voted for him because even after losing a lot of time in the beginning in Bahrain when he messed up he was able to finish high and drive consistently fast, instead of merely 1 über lap.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Despite Rosberg having defected to Germany, he has Finnish F1 Champ blood in him so he'll definitely be the one to look out for I voted for him because even after losing a lot of time in the beginning in Bahrain when he messed up he was able to finish high and drive consistently fast, instead of merely 1 über lap.

Yup, he's only half-Finn but he wouldn't be here without Keke Rosberg. Actually I might be more happy for Nico than Kimi as I don't find Kimi to be very sympatic F1 person.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
If Kimi's car doesn't spontaneously disintegrate he's got a good chance, He's a good driver, despite his personality deficit. And McLaren may be a characterless company but damn those cars look hot!

Interesting also to see noone is rating Ralf Schumacher as much of a points chance...fair enough too, I guess.
And then there was that cheating thing with his gf/wife/whatever, I don't like public Finns do that
Quote from Hankstar :Interesting also to see noone is rating Ralf Schumacher as much of a points chance...fair enough too, I guess.

He has never delivered in my opinion. To me he's just a mid-pack racer. Coulthard is another who, granted has driven a couple of very good races, has never consistenly performed to the standards preceeding the hype.
Very true! Sorta like me in LFS. Definitely mid-pack

Although, if Coulthard could hook up with a quick car before his career ends, he might surprise us all ...
Quote from Hankstar :Very true! Sorta like me in LFS. Definitely mid-pack

Although, if Coulthard could hook up with a quick car before his career ends, he might surprise us all ...

i'd say coulthard has had his time in quick cars and never shown much. he's a reliable driver who'll be consistant, just not consistantly at the front. i can appreciate him.

ralf on the other hand........ he's good enough to get a chance in f1, but he shouldn't have lasted this long. he's the SECOND HIGHEST PAID driver which is complete &*%$#@$ and in my oppinion is only there because of his last name and his manager's power.

kick his sorry butt to the curb and get some fresh blood i say!

[have to go to a stupid dinner party this weekend and i'd BETTER be home for the pre-race show!]

speedfreak227
coulthard with me has always been a puzzle.. hes had a good car a number of times with which he could have won the championship but he just hasnt shown the speed anf hunger but he keeps stating hes a gd driver!! must be the extra drag from that squarish shaped head of his

as for ralf i really have no words...... i mean hes been in f1 for a while now not necessaraly with the best car but he just hasnt shown anything... plus he must be pretty p**** **f with his brother by now lol.. Michael this Michael that...... i mean Schumey has broken most records and this weekend he might break Arton Sennas pole record too.....

think as brothers Ralf unfortunately got given less of the talent Michael posseses... what is it now 84 wins in his career... bloody amazing!

wonder where he keeps his trophies

mad
ralf is just too weak ...

Kimi, Fernando und Michael are the guys who can win a race without being really lucky atm!

Button and Heidfeld? i'm really not sure how good they are...

Nico Rosberg and Kovalainen (how to type?) are the future for me!
Do you Germans see Nico Rosberg as a German or half-German?
Well, TV-Stations and Newspapers are mostly telling us, that he is german. In an Interview Nico said, that he feels as a german. But he also said, that he lives in Monte Carlo, and don't care that much about his nationality...

What do you think in Finland?
German :chairs: Feels like a German and as far as I can remember doesn't speak Finnish either. I'll disown him even if he does well (which I excpect him to)
Quote from foofighter :Well, TV-Stations and Newspapers are mostly telling us, that he is german. In an Interview Nico said, that he feels as a german. But he also said, that he lives in Monte Carlo, and don't care that much about his nationality...

What do you think in Finland?

I don't care if the winner is Nico or Kimi. Both suits for me. Officially he is German (because of his mother's nationality) but he got his driving genes from Keke Rosberg and I think he wouldn't driving F1 now without Keke's teaching.

And he doesn't speak Finnish. At least we doesn't have to hear crappy whimper English that Kimi speaks...
Nope, he isnt a finn for me. I dont care if he doesnt speak finnish (or swedish ) he drives under German flag, thats enough...so he is a german.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
hopefully MrGrumpy can check the votes again for us and let us know who got the most correct.

not a bad race, but nothing too exciting. good to see fisi keep his focus and run a good race start to finish.

speedfreak227
Race was certainly a huge disappointment for me. Räikkönen out in first lap and then Rosberg few minutes later. Switched tv off and went back to bed...

Too bad for Klien but it seems so Sato type of error. Wreckers goddammit
OK then

Quite a few entered more than 8 selections, so they've been excluded... (I'll name & shame if you want ) I noticed that the poll was open way past the end of the race, so I can't tell if anyone posted 'with hindsight'!

Not withstanding those issues, the results are...

Nobody got all 8 right!

BigDave2967 was the only one who got 7 correct (from only 7 selections too), so congrats.
Quote :Coulthard is another who, granted has driven a couple of very good races, has never consistenly performed to the standards preceeding the hype.

If Coultard lived up to the hype of race fans he'd still be taking lessons with BSM, I think he's hugely under-rated. He wont ever be champion but he does have considerable talent and if the Red Bull comes good it will be both because of his development work and because he's driving the wheel nuts off it.

As for Schumacher Jnr, he's not F1 calibre and never has been. The odd erratic fast performance, a heck of a lot of coasting and more accidents than De Cesaris.

Nico Rosberg has potential, but he needs to get over these rookie issues first. Sadly for him he'll be serving his apprentiship with all eyes on him, which is a heavy burden. He's getting a lot of hype but so far this season he's made more serious mistakes than Michael Schumacher has - and very few drivers ever get that accolade.
I don't think Coulthard is under-rated, in fact I think he's overrated at least in the formula world. With his experience and talent as you say I feel he should be much more of a contender for wins and not mid-pack racing, but he isn't

Quote :Nico Rosberg has potential... ...He's getting a lot of hype but so far this season he's made more serious mistakes than Michael Schumacher

Depends really how you look at it. When comparing a several-time world champion to a person driving their first ever F1 GPs I think it's slightly over the top to expect the same rate of consistency and success. I think Nico's done very well for a rookie and even with the added pressure of doing well in Bahrain, he lived up to the expectations in Malaysia (until his engine gave up). Michael was close but didn't win in Bahrain, and now he failed to do what Räikkonen did a week earlier, perhaps Schumacher is not driving perfectly either.
Kimi needs a new car n' he'll win everything. At the Bahrain press confrence he said,"We started last, we knew we had a shot at the points."

69(voters)x8(choices)=552
add up the votes and i got under 500!
people didn't pick 8.

calculators don't lie...do they??
Quote :When comparing a several-time world champion to a person driving their first ever F1 GPs I think it's slightly over the top to expect the same rate of consistency and success

I didn't pick Michael Schumacher out because he's champion, but because out of all the established drivers he makes the most mistakes. Watch those laps in Bahrain when Alonso came out of the pits infront - he couldn't make a single apex for over half a lap ! Schumacher has always had difficulty under pressure which is why I used him as a metaphor for the number of mistakes Nico made in his first grand prix.

His quick, but he's got to sort out the mental discipline else he'll end up like Michael and Kimi - only capable of winning when the car outclasses everyone elses.
Quote from Becky Rose :I didn't pick Michael Schumacher out because he's champion, but because out of all the established drivers he makes the most mistakes. Watch those laps in Bahrain when Alonso came out of the pits infront - he couldn't make a single apex for over half a lap ! Schumacher has always had difficulty under pressure which is why I used him as a metaphor for the number of mistakes Nico made in his first grand prix.

His quick, but he's got to sort out the mental discipline else he'll end up like Michael and Kimi - only capable of winning when the car outclasses everyone elses.

hmmmm, i could swear i've seen schumi win in cars that shouldn't MANY times. and i wouldn't say he makes the most mistake. in fact, it's pretty rare when he spins or locks up and misses a corner.

you say he was missing apexes, are you sure he wasn't checking his opportunities to take a different line in case alonso gave an oportunity. i know that when i'm karting and i'm up behind someone and not able to easily pass i start taking different lines to see what options i've got on him.

speedfreak227

Malaysian GP top 8?
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG