The online racing simulator

Poll : Will win Europe?(dont just take your favo, vote real)

Lewis Hamilton
Felipe Massa
Kimi Raikkonen
Heikki Kovalainen
Robert Kubica
Fernando Alonso
Nick Heidfeld
Timo Glock
Quote from PaulC2K :yeah, and you can edit your 'ignorance' crap out. Ive been watching F1 since before you were born, so just cos your a stupid little spaniard going against what everyone has said about the race, and the majority have said about the dull joke of a venue, doesnt make someone ignorant.

NEVER in the 19 years ive been watching F1, has the series been to such a pathetic venue. It wouldnt suprise me if we end up at some equally pathetic ones if theres money in it, but Valencia is a joke venue. Considering there are 2 F1 standard tracks in Spain, why the hell F1 went there ive no idea. If they had to go back to Spain, who 5 years ago you couldnt pay fickle folks like you to attend the races, then Jerez would have been a far better venue, and im sure theres a 3rd which is used over the winter (Jarama?), though it may be a Portuguese track (not Estoril).

As for the green light, as ive said... There are multiple buttons, my guess is the jack/trolly once the tyres are done, the fuel man, and a master button on the pit wall. I cant see as anyone else would need one, the trolly would put you onto amber once any work on the car was done (tyres, wing tweaks or repairs etc) and the fuel guys would take it to green i guess.

Also, when you consider that Bernie and co are constantly going on about all these places wanting to hold races, and they pick Valencia...

I can't care less about how many years you've been watching F1. LOL. The track is awesome, many drivers have said it, may not be that good for the spectator to watch, but the track is GOOD. I edited the post cause I didn't want you to post more crap, I guess I was late.. And no, I never go to tracks to watch F1, it's a stupid waste of money when you can see it FAR better on TV. And yes, Jarama is in Spain.
Quote from diablo21 :The track is awesome, many drivers have said it, may not be that good for the spectator to watch, but the track is GOOD.

But that is the point. We are the spectators. I couldn't care less if the drivers like the track or not. I am not driving, I am watching. I want to see good and exiciting races, and I can't see this track providing that (at least not in the dry).
I dunno how is that track good, it's average at best from a driving point of view. (got the RF version of it)
Quote from JJ72 :I dunno how is that track good, it's average at best from a driving point of view. (got the RF version of it)

I got it on rF too and I quite like it... There are some spot for overtaking actually but I just dont think that the drivers in F1 had laptimes that were close enough to get close to eachother and try to overtake.. Anyways it is a little weird because theres no elevation changes, no tilt to the track, just a flat peice of road but its still not too bad.
Quote from zeugnimod :But that is the point. We are the spectators. I couldn't care less if the drivers like the track or not. I am not driving, I am watching. I want to see good and exiciting races, and I can't see this track providing that (at least not in the dry).

That doesn't mean the track is shit. Just trying to make things clear.
yes it does... f1 is run on sponsorship money so any track that makes overtaking impossible and turns the race into a procession is completely useless crap and shouldnt have been built in the first place
I'm sick of this... Why do people continue to whine about F1 and all the money involved and all this shit. If you don't like F1, Why do you watch it? Even better, why do you talk about it!? Just accept it for what it is at the moment or forget it even exists. PLEASE.
Quote from Shotglass :yes it does... f1 is run on sponsorship money so any track that makes overtaking impossible and turns the race into a procession is completely useless crap and shouldnt have been built in the first place

Overtaking is perfectly possible at quite a bit of turns on this track actually... The drivers made it boring not the track. If they had about the same laptimes during the race and could actually get close to eachother we would've seen some overtaking but the fact that the difference in laptimes was big enough for the field to be spread out is what made the parade. If anyone was close to anyone else he could've easily passed.
All these people wanting to get rid of the track are really amusing, if overtakings were the deciding factor to choose tracks, 90% of the ones we have now wouldnt be there...
Quote from BurnOut69 :All these people wanting to get rid of the track are really amusing, if overtakings were the deciding factor to choose tracks, 90% of the ones we have now wouldnt be there...

I think it's more the fact that it's a brand new track and it just hasn't added any excitment to F1.

Hopefully next year and new rules will bring more over taking possiblities.
TBH I think its gonna be about the same with the new rules, maybe cars can get a bit closer but that will be it...relying so much on downforce cant make up for exciting races.

F1 isnt about overtakings, its all about showing off technology and high speed. Like De La Rosa said, just like a goal can be deciding in football, an overtaking can determine the outcome of a race, unlike handball or bike racing which are a lot more eventful.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm sick of this... Why do people continue to whine about F1 and all the money involved and all this shit. If you don't like F1, Why do you watch it? Even better, why do you talk about it!? Just accept it for what it is at the moment or forget it even exists. PLEASE.

You are approaching it from the wrong angle: it's because we like F1 and don't want it to end up being complete shit that we oppose it's current state. If no one voices their opinion on it loud enough then we'll all be watching (more) 200km/h parades.
Quote from BurnOut69 :TBH I think its gonna be about the same with the new rules, maybe cars can get a bit closer but that will be it...relying so much on downforce cant make up for exciting races.

Cars will go back in time couple of years (plus slicks). At least it should be little better but I do not expect much. And of course there is KERS (read: high-tech puss-to-pass).

Quote :F1 isnt about overtakings its all about showing off technology and high speed. Like De La Rosa said, just like a goal can be deciding in football, an overtaking can determine the outcome of a race, unlike handball or bike racing which are a lot more eventful.

F1 is now like football without goalposts. So how can you do a goal (or a pass) then when it's technically impossible?

Quote from BurnOut69 :All these people wanting to get rid of the track are really amusing, if overtakings were the deciding factor to choose tracks, 90% of the ones we have now wouldnt be there...

I agree on that. Don't hate the player (tracks/drivers), hate the game (technical rules/cars).

U seem to be getting your knickers in a twist, people are complaining about TWO aspects, crap venue, crap action.

We want venues like Monaco, Monza, Spa, Suzuka, Le Mans etc etc and instead we treated to Valencia! Its dull, lifeless and completely lacking any sole to the place, making it extremely dull to watch.
Even Daytona & Indianapolis, dull oval racing they may provide, but as venues they have character, they're not every shade of grey imaginable. We're talking about character, not overtaking opportunities, not challenge, CHARACTER.
I hate to say it, but i'd have more than welcomed advertising plastered all over the track, just to brighten it up, usually they ruin locations plastering big ads around, this venue it might have at least allowed your eyes to wonder to something interesting and destract you for a moment.

Ive walked the monaco F1 route and you cant not feel overwealmed by it all, the history of racing thats been there, the scenery, location, everything about it screams character. Its not the best place for good wheel to wheel racing, but its still a must visit location on the F1 calendar.

Surfers Paradise, Long Beach, Monaco, Macau... all true street tracks, and they all have character to them, they're not perminent race venues however the surroundings are, and Valencia felt like it was nothing more than a huge car park where they'd laid down some concrete barriers and made a track for people to come play on for the weekend. It had no heart or sole, it was just dead and lacking character which could have made it at least an attractive venue, and the lack of action just turned it into the worse race in F1 i can ever recall, and i sat through the 6 car US GP ffs!

They're talking about a 20 race calendar due to all the venues wanting to hold races, and yet if this is an example of whats to come, god help us all. This is supposed to be the elite series, and Valencia is far far from being an elite motor racing venue. It might be a lovely city, but its a crap venue for a race.
How the hell can you expect ANY track to have CHARACTER the first time its used?
Quote from BurnOut69 :How the hell can you expect ANY track to have CHARACTER the first time its used?

Do you understand what the word character means?? Character, not History ffs
I understand perfectly what you said, though you may have missed that whats character for you can be completely heartless for me.

Facts are that what makes Monaco have its aura and glamour its what happened there. Or are you telling me that you get turned on by a tunnel and a harbor? Monaco is special because it equals F1 history.

Saying that Indy has character (or whatever you want to call it) means we are on completely different channels then.
i was hopefull about next years rules but after reading gary anderson's opinions on them in autosport i'm not so excited. whilst they have put more mechanical grip on the cars and simplified the aero, they also appear to have created a system where the remaining aero grip is more susceptable to trubulence by altering the diffuser and in conjunction with the rear wing regs have managed to actually increase the amount of turbulence caused. also anderson isn't very hopefull about the front wing as for starters its larger and a lot more vulnerable to damage and turbulence and he doesn't feel a driver is going to be able to use the ability to adjust a section of it plus the obvious history of movable aero devices failing.

the kers system loks more promising and i assume it should allow a form of push to pass though unlike normal push to pass it's not going to limited to any substantial degree so i suspect you may just end up with the car in front and the car behind both going faster down the straight.

what i found interesting was that they are already asking the teams for idea on rule changes in 2011 which suggests they know it's not going to be as successful as people are hoping
Quote from tinvek :the kers system loks more promising and i assume it should allow a form of push to pass though unlike normal push to pass it's not going to limited to any substantial degree so i suspect you may just end up with the car in front and the car behind both going faster down the straight.

Maybe I misunderstood what you mean but it sounds pretty limited looking at the regs. Total amount of energy storted is limited, recovering rate must not exceed a certain limit, maximum power is limited and energy released can not exceed 400kJ in one lap.

Once all the teams get it figured out every driver will more or less use it the same way.
apparently all the teams except BMW and Williams have delayed using there KERS systems till 2010.
Quote from deggis :Maybe I misunderstood what you mean but it sounds pretty limited looking at the regs. Total amount of energy storted is limited, recovering rate must not exceed a certain limit, maximum power is limited and energy released can not exceed 400kJ in one lap.

Once all the teams get it figured out every driver will more or less use it the same way.

what i meant was that unlike say a1 where they can only push to pass a certain number of times, in f1 they can release it whenever its got something to give providing it doesn't exceed the one lap energy limit so the driver in front will be able to press it whenever the car behind uses it
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm sick of this... Why do people continue to whine about F1 and all the money involved and all this shit. If you don't like F1, Why do you watch it? Even better, why do you talk about it!? Just accept it for what it is at the moment or forget it even exists. PLEASE.

m8 if everytime somthing went a bit crap i pretended it didnt exist, i would be devorced speak to no one and do nothing,

if the devs decide to go with a "space ship" theme with lfs and scrap cars im sure you would have somthing to say, and you can walk away from lfs just the same as me but you would want to say your peice...

---

TBH if f1 carrys on this way they would do mutch better scrapping f1 and starting up a f1 drag racing sport, cus thats all it is now just just showing off new tech stuff, and yes i understand f1 has always been like this but f1 has losts its way now...

personly i think in the next few years they should start over... "racing" comes first (bar safety) we whant to see cars niping at each other's heals all race the old wheel to wheel stuff, not
"WOOOW massa catching lewis at 2 tenths a lap" (take a breath)
"he might just pass him in the pits folks woohooo yeaa"

it makes me so sad when you get a driver who was on form that day catching the big guys but couldnt do anything due to DF, and they say "i HAD to back off, its just to !!"dangerous"!!, and you destroy your tires and loose to mutch time."

that is not racing IMO, how is it racing when you dont even know how good a car is or a driver is due to being stuck behind a slow car for a whole!! race.

lets face it f1 cars are to fast for there own good now, slow em down 80% mechanicle grip and let the best drivers in the world go at it for god sake, f1 highlights are spent looking through the overhead pit cam these days, who ever does the better in/out laps gets the jump and thats about all we have now

back tot basics

safety
raceibility
speed

= f1 back to the glory days

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG