The online racing simulator
s2 license
(89 posts, closed, started )
I used to spent hours playing lfs, but now i have to work college and a mean girlfriend who doesnt like lfs .
Well we have almost the same amount of people playing online as in the 1st days of s2, but as if we really have 25k linceses (can any1 confirm that?) the amount of online users is very low, less than 1/25th of the users is online at the same time, but them again since we have people all over the world, that sort of gets in the way for everyone to be online at the same time.
sorry havent been around for a while just been really busy
i am going to buy s2 when i can get the funds together thanks all who have helped with the questions im verry excited about getting s2 hopfully in the next week or two any help with how much it cost in aus i heard $55 but not sure

thanks racemania
Well, if you don't have S1, you'll need to buy both stage. It's 24 pounds. www.xe.com for a conversion in your local currencie.

edit - It's actually 58 AUD! And i tough our CAD was lousy(before the current spike)...

Don't let the "high" price put you down. If you like racing game, you won't be dissappointed.
sorry one more question how many times can you use the s2 licence (if i reformat my pc will i have to buy again or just use the same code as before plus im changing my internet provider next month so will that come into affect aswell or dose it not matter)
sorry im just new to the online gaming world and i just cant get enough of it atm im playing the demo for 3-4 hrs a day if not more but have started to limit my use to 5-6 days of the week
this is because i seem to get too involved with the game and its addictive like cigs once you have had it once you will never turn back
and btw i love this game i got tocca race driver 3 given to me as a present and i think i have played it 3 times since i got it with #2 you couldnt get me off the xbox from the time i woke up to the time i slept so this must be a great game for me to keep playing

thanks racemania demo drifter lol
Yup, you can unlock as many times as you like BUT!

LFS gives you 3 unlocks. You use one to first unlock the game. After that, if you use any more you recieve one new one per month. So the maximum you can have (other than when you first buy) is two. If you have none you have to wait til the end of the month, so choose when you reinstall with care.

However, in the result that you use up all your unlocks then suffer a system problem (say, a hard drive crash), Victor might give you an extra unlock if he believes your story, and you're really nice etc, but the best bet is never ask him if you can help it.
#56 - Dcon
I bought S2 through pay pal should be playing by April 4th!
It's a good game and worth the wait. Hope you enjoy it.
Quote from tristancliffe :However, in the result that you use up all your unlocks then suffer a system problem (say, a hard drive crash), Victor might give you an extra unlock if he believes your story, and you're really nice etc, but the best bet is never ask him if you can help it.

How is that the best bet ?
So that you don't have to risk being turned down, or raise suspision that you might be 'passing on' unlocks to people.
In case you really "you use up all your unlocks then suffer a system problem (say, a hard drive crash)" the best bet is not to "never ask him [Victor] if you can help it"

In that case you are not going to be able to race. I don't see that as the best bet. I mean best bet for what? Best bet for watching TV?

I think that if u really have serious problems and have used up all your unlocks then the best bet (and I am assuming here that the person wants to play LFS) is to ask Victor and like you said "he might give it". He might tell you to wait, but asking is your "best bet" I would say...
Asking is the best bet, if you have a legitimate reason e.g. a league race or another competition. If you want it unlocked so you can have the occasional messing about session on your custom auto-x track it sort of begs the question are you really so desperate to get it unlocked for that instead of waiting a bit, or is it your mate getting anxious not getting the unlock code you promised for him last week?

I think the bottom line is that Victor shouldn't be your immediate solution to unlocks, and certainly if you use up all the unlocks frequently. It just makes you look bad. In my opinion.
Quote from Hankstar :Once you start oval-racing with a full field of UF1000s, you won't have any second thoughts

Keep the dream alive, Hank.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Asking is the best bet, if you have a legitimate reason e.g. a league race or another competition. If you want it unlocked so you can have the occasional messing about session on your custom auto-x track it sort of begs the question are you really so desperate to get it unlocked for that instead of waiting a bit, or is it your mate getting anxious not getting the unlock code you promised for him last week?

I think the bottom line is that Victor shouldn't be your immediate solution to unlocks, and certainly if you use up all the unlocks frequently. It just makes you look bad. In my opinion.

so if i like have 2 pc's with lfs on both i can use the codes for them or is it just for one computer and i dont understand how can a mate use an unlock code of mine if its registerd to me sorry i just dont seem to understand
I don't really understand how you can pass on unlocks either?
#65 - shim
well i just got mine.. been wantin it since like last oct.. :P
Quote :so if i like have 2 pc's with lfs on both i can use the codes for them or is it just for one computer and i dont understand how can a mate use an unlock code of mine if its registerd to me sorry i just dont seem to understand

Good, let's keep it that way shall we
Quote from Rtsbasic :If I'm perfectly honest with you, I regretted buying S1, and even more so S2. Now whenever I boot the computer up I only play LFS, and my even my PS2 gathers dust thanks to LFS. I find it a lot harder to have fun in offline racing, no matter how good the AI.

Damn you Live For Speed!

LOL! I find this problem too. Ive now got a grey playstation from all the dust lol. Since buying S2all ive played on playstation is San andreas with nephew lol.
LFS S2 is love hate relationship - love it cause its great but hate it cause never do anything else lol.
Quote from deggis :Good choice.

By the way, soon you can say goodbye to your social life because of LFS.

that's so true! my g/f is kinda complaining baaaaaaaaaaaah she can't get what its all about! i tried to convince her to try and race oneline, but... nope! too bad! i keep on playing and she keeps on complaining! lol

edit: did i say "playing"? i meant RACING !!! damn im even doin nothing at the office ! i know i should be working... can't, im stuck in here !! even the forum is addicting !!! LOL!!
Quote from Greboth :LOL! I find this problem too. Ive now got a grey playstation from all the dust lol. Since buying S2 all ive played with San andreas with nephew lol.

Since buying S2 all you've played is San Andreas??
Quote from PLAYLIFE :Since buying S2 all you've played is San Andreas??

illepall what are you on about, you should read what i really wrote (please ignore the edit date on my above post lol )
Pls go back to Counter-Strike with that attitude.
Quote from wolfee93 :Can i use some1's user name and stuff so i can unlock s2?

Because i really want it and i don't want to pay...

If you play counter strike i will give you my account for your live for speed acount?

HAHA. Do you not know anything. You currently have a bad reputation from all of the LFS players.
Oh that's stupid.
#73 - Jakg
Quote from wolfee93 :and i don't want to pay...

tough ****. Everyone else did, why do you think you dont have to?
#74 - joen
Quote from wolfee93 :Can i use some1's user name and stuff so i can unlock s2?

Because i really want it and i don't want to pay...

If you play counter strike i will give you my account for your live for speed acount?

If you really want it, you'll buy it. If you don't buy it you don't really want it. What makes you think someone would give you his account for free?

How can you be serious about this illepall
There are 3 ways as far as I remember -
1. Renku won his license from LFSNews, that was somekind of random winner
2. echk arranged a Demo cup, where the winner won S2 license (That wasn't actually free one, you had to pay about 1,3 pounds) - That was Estonianonly
3. Your friend/dad bought it to you or bought it to you for christmas or birthday.

Has anyone else arranged things like echk's demo cup?

Like you can see Estonians have got 2 licenses for almost free!
This thread is closed

s2 license
(89 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG