The online racing simulator
s2 license
(89 posts, closed, started )
sorry to bring up my old thread but i just wanted to let you guys know ill be getting computer parts tomorrow so hopefully ill be getting my s2 license aswell...yay...im excited
If I'm perfectly honest with you, I regretted buying S1, and even more so S2. Now whenever I boot the computer up I only play LFS, and my even my PS2 gathers dust thanks to LFS. I find it a lot harder to have fun in offline racing, no matter how good the AI.

Damn you Live For Speed!
#28 - mr_x
Quote from shi shi bog :sorry to bring up my old thread but i just wanted to let you guys know ill be getting computer parts tomorrow so hopefully ill be getting my s2 license aswell...yay...im excited

hope to see you racing soon!

definately the best £24 i have spent... although ive barely played it in the last few weeks :hidesbehi

college work is to blame i swear big external assessed project to be handed in next week... should be back on LFS after its done
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#29 - mr_x
Quote from thisnameistaken :I just can't believe how long it takes to get competitive at this game. For me, anyway. I'm still gradually improving after nearly a year, but there are still a few circuits that I've barely driven at all, not to mention reverse configs, and cars that I haven't done a single proper lap in.

same here, only car i am competitive in is the UF1000, it is the only one i drive usually which might have something to do with it... if I'm in the mood i can drive the FXR fairly quick aswell... other than that im hopeless at the rest of them...ive also barely done a lap on Westhill, that circuit is a bit dull!
-
Be warned, you'll get free updates for the S2 license - but when S3 comes out it'll be about as useful as an S1 license is now... Which is, er, well, um - imagine owning a Spectrum computer from the 1980's and trying to get a game for it today...

Having said that computer games do represent excellent value for money, time invested versus cost compared to other forms of entertainment is good.

Add to that LFS is cheaper than most games, and yet has a higher replay value because of the online aspect.
#31 - mr_x
Quote from Becky Rose :Be warned, you'll get free updates for the S2 license - but when S3 comes out it'll be about as useful as an S1 license is now... Which is, er, well, um - imagine owning a Spectrum computer from the 1980's and trying to get a game for it today...

Having said that computer games do represent excellent value for money, time invested versus cost compared to other forms of entertainment is good.

Add to that LFS is cheaper than most games, and yet has a higher replay value because of the online aspect.

also remember its only Alpha right now.. and it will not cost anymore when the finished S2 is released. this also means that it will be a long while yet before we see S3, meaning more time for S2
Sorry for being OT, but: Kev, your Avatar rules

BTT:
Yes this game is definatly worth every cent
#33 - mr_x
Quote from three_jump :Sorry for being OT, but: Kev, your Avatar rules

BTT:
Yes this game is definatly worth every cent

:iagree: on both counts

im quoting alot of people on alot of forums today.... its college that does it im telling you!!
You will regret buying the S2 lisence.....

Don't flame me just yet....

After you buy the lisence, you will spend every spare minute you have playing this game, you will cease to have a social life!!!!!

If you enjoy racing games, this is the game to get!
-
My mate calls LFS "the thief of time".
#36 - mr_x
Quote from thisnameistaken :Either that or I've shamed him into STFU mode

that WOULD be a first... surely?
Admit it, you started 2 laps before everybody else there.
-
i got my computer parts today, my brother is installing everything and im happy with what i got but sadly ive no money to get my s2 license because i bought a memory card for my phone, although i should be getting the license next week.
Quote from shi shi bog :i got my computer parts today, my brother is installing everything and im happy with what i got but sadly ive no money to get my s2 license because i bought a memory card for my phone, although i should be getting the license next week.

Check your messages.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Yes! Got my s2 licence today What a brilliant game lfs s2 is
Quote from thisnameistaken :Thanks
I don't think he's seen it yet. Either that or I've shamed him into STFU mode

Hahaha lol Poor Tristan....

S2 pwns, simple as it is.
I've been playing since before I even joined up on the forums/site, back when S1 was still a demo. I tell you what, it's the best thing I've spent money on... except it pretty much ruins my social life. After I got a good internet connection a little while back, I've started playing online. Now all I do now is play LFS... and go to work/school
Quote from Hatemaker :Now all I do now is play LFS... and go to work/school

Heheh, you're not alone :drink: !
hmm, so many lfs addicts...
maybe we should start something like the AA...

ALFSP (anonymous lfs players)
ALKSA would make more sense if you ask me

("A" -> addicts)
I bought S2 today and despite the confusion of trying to unlock it, i have to say, it's absolutely fantastic. Worth the £12 I paid for it.
Glad to hear that. Welcome to lfs and kiss good bye to your social life
Quote from _rod_ :Glad to hear that. Welcome to lfs and kiss good bye to your social life

In most cases the initial fascination will be over in few months, often even faster. After that a licensed player spends about 20 minutes in day (on average, some more, some less) playing lfs, assuming half of the time is offline. Of couse the number increases substantially after patches or new versions are released.
Quote from afastest :In most cases the initial fascination will be over in few months, often even faster. After that a licensed player spends about 20 minutes in day (on average, some more, some less) playing lfs, assuming half of the times is offline. Of couse the number increases substantially after patches or new versions are released.

nah, real junkies spend a lot more time.....
Quote from three_jump :nah, real junkies spend a lot more time.....

I am talking average licensed players, not real junkies. Look at how many people are on-line, and the number of licensed players is between 20,000 and 30,000, probably around 25.000.
This thread is closed

s2 license
(89 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG