The online racing simulator

Poll : Will win Europe?(dont just take your favo, vote real)

Lewis Hamilton
Felipe Massa
Kimi Raikkonen
Heikki Kovalainen
Robert Kubica
Fernando Alonso
Nick Heidfeld
Timo Glock
Quote from aoun :Why not James Allen?

Surely you jest?

*cuts off bleeding ears*
DC and martin would be good.
Quote from Mustafur :DC and martin would be good.

not sure if he still is but wasn't martin DC's manager / agent ?
#54 - aoun
1) That makes more sense.
2) I've always wanted to use "Surely you jest?" in a post, and now I got that out of the way

They really need to take a page out of NASCAR though, with "IN RACE COMMENTATOR!" ... Who wouldn't want to know what LH is thinking under a safety car?
BTCC do that. It's annoying, and I don't think all drivers want it (Fabrizio Giovanardi and Darren Turner haven't had it wired up to them I think).
The problem is F1 drivers need to concentrate on more things than turning left, so distracting them by having a chat would be a bit silly.
The Ultimate Commentary Team was Martin Brundle and Murray Walker - but I guess we can't ever have Murray back Can DC get excited though? Brundle sort of does it but he is the technical commentator - two technical commentators might not work.

I'd like to see Eddie Irvine in the booth!
I think two technical commentators could work quite well for the BBC, as a nation I don't think we respond well to the kind of fake excitement you need in F1 to make boring races seem interesting, and I don't think there is anyone other than Murray Walker who is able to get so excited over nothing, unless we get an American.

But maybe DC could be the guy in the pits rather than a commentator, or he could take the place of that useless tit Mark Blundell. Either way he would be a great addition to the team.
Even though I had the pleasure of sharing office space with Mark when I worked at Mill Studios in Ware (/end pointless claim to fame), from a spectator point of view I do sort of agree with you, he isnt the sharpest tack in the barrel - but on ITV's coverage he looks quite smart because he's next to the thickest and most unknowledgeable person in the entire paddock who really doesn't EVER have anything interesting to say - and who clearly never has even been remotely interested in F1 (which is ironic, because I am not interested in what he's got to say either - and franquently use Ryder's air time to go make a cupper).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Do you ever post reasonable, appropriate (for the topic), or logical statements; or is every thought process of yours riddled with bull excrement?

Lol Dust, you made me laugh there hehaha
MB and DC Together on the commentary would make sense as DC is managed by Brundle. I do agree that there needs to be someone to inject some kind of excitment but that is very hard to do without making it seem forced (even if it is genuine)

Having said that though, none of us have ever heard David comment on a race, who knows maybe he gets quite excited?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think if they are going to replace Martin then DC would be perfect, ... we know what he is like, he always says what he thinks.

And he swears like a sailor.
Is "teh Beeb" a non-censored (allows swearing like a drunken 15 yearold) channel?

If so... patiently awaits next season.
The BBC don't like swearing unless it's past 9pm and on a topical news quiz, but they don't really have to worry about pissing off advertisers, because they don't have any.
The only reasons the BBC don't like swearing were first Mary Whitehouse and now the loons at Ofcom.
I have seen only one complete ITV F1 coverage. Unfortunately it was the Silversone GP. James Allen seemed to be chocking his chicken during the closing laps.

Brundle was excellent thought he compensated Allen perfectly.

For the coverage in the Netherlands we are subjected to the mercy of a guy called Olav Mol. He does know the sport but does not understand the math about tactics. The other bad thing about his commentary is the guessing part. Whenever he sees a car spinning or crashing he just guesses which of the two it is (or four when it's a Torro Rosso/Red Bull or a BMW-Sauber/Williams). Usually he picks the one that would be most dramatic for the outcome of the GP.

One good thing about dutch television is the tolerance to abusive language on daytime tv.
You should really cut the amount of spam you post, Arox.

Back on topic, I think the GP is gonna suck big time, specially for the crowd. I was right there for the Open GT and F3000 races and even if its supposed to be wide enough to provide good action, there doesnt seem to be many overtakings, guess the concrete walls look too hard to hit.

You cant see much from any of the grandstands and unless its cloudy, the weather is gonna be a killer for the people - I know 99% of you wont care since you wont be there, but 40º+ degrees is really a problem without a shadow in sight.

I really hope it rains, theres gonna be pile ups and butt kisses anyway, but at least it will be more interesting, and right now its pretty dark outside, yay!

Summarizing, whoever wants the GP can take it from us, Im a huge fan of motorsports, just not done as poorly as this one and as a political side effect. Even more having a permanent race facility, ffs, they dont need to make a mess of the whole city for this.
Quote from BurnOut69 :they dont need to make a mess of the whole city for this.

Be interested to know more about this... Either from you or maybe you have some links to local reporting?
Im 10 minutes away from the track, what do you need to know?
Quote from BurnOut69 :Im 10 minutes away from the track, what do you need to know?

Why did they waste time giving Spain another GP if the track is just as boring as their other one, and the majority of their fans won't turn up if Alonso is not on the grid?
Wasnt talking to you, but I will still reply: We have a second GP despite your objections because you're wrong in every one of your assumptions.

Any major motorsport in Spain is a guaranteed full and there are loads of motorsports fans regardless of what spot Alonso is on the grid.
Quote from Joris :For the coverage in the Netherlands we are subjected to the mercy of a guy called Olav Mol.

Don't diss the Olav, he makes everything seem interesting and has just the right amount of enthusiasm :>
Quote from RockBottomWalsh :Having said that though, none of us have ever heard David comment on a race, who knows maybe he gets quite excited?

Actually, he was drafted into the commentary box for the 1994 European GP at Jerez.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG