The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :
Tim - you're welcome to do whatever. IIRC, you'll be the only person other than myself to have attended all four meets,

I actually missed the first meeting, but the other three I have made, and actually last years jaunt out into Southampton for an Indian was really good and I enjoyed it - more of a restaurant outing than a pub crawl. This time *sounds* more like a pub crawl, and I will be steering very clear of such a situation.

Tim
Quote from Bob Smith :So you're going to ride 500 miles and still not participate? Can't convince you otherwise?

It's really tempting, but I am off to oz in 6 weeks and I really can't afford it
AlienT. has just informed me that he is having to drop out last minute. I cannot get his deposit back so this means that either the money gets wasted, or somebody can go karting half price. Note I cannot offer this discount to anyone already signed up to go (not counting spectators of course, so Dan, if there was ever a time to reconsider, it could be now).
Well I just spoke to my ride, talk about cockney! Anyway if it's okay with you we'll be there Friday early evening and leave Sunday having made your house a mess and left loads of washing up?
And the toilet won't flush
"We'll" - is Nihil needing somewhere to spend the night too? A good thing I've just stuck all my sleeping bags through the washing machine, looks like I'll be needing them.

I'll send round my contact details to everyone at lunchtime today.
Ha ha... Ben, I was going to send a discrete email asking whether you still had space at your place, but yeah, can I crash at yours please?! I'll bring my own sleeping gear....

Playing this by ear at the moment... It'll take about five or six hours to drive up (including picking up becky, fag breaks, etc...). Doing that and then racing might be a bit harsh on the backside, so I'm thinking of coming up Friday and going back Saturday night (I'm a bottle of beer for the night sort of person these days). However, is it likely that anyone will hang around for Sunday, and congregate for the GP somewhere? In which case I might think about coming up early Saturday morning.
No problem, there's enough floor space to go round. It's not a problem if you want to kip two nights either, as I've got felplacerad for three anyway. Of course I'm no B&B, so you need to find your own food, but if you want to cook something for brekky then my kitchen is at your disposal.

No takers on the half price karting? I'll have to start ringing my mates at this rate as I don't want that money to go to waste.
well I did ask my brother, but I told him the full price on the basis I was gonna nick the discount... but tbh it's better he isn't there as he'd almost certainly have taken the 1st place trophy.
Quote from Becky Rose :well I did ask my brother, but I told him the full price on the basis I was gonna nick the discount...

nicely done
OK, too late people, I've got one of my mates to replace Alien T.

So for anyone else wanting to join in last minute, it's full price.
[SR] Keith might not be going so his deposit might be available...
Ah damn not more people dropping out - need has told me he might drop out last minute also.
woot, we had a spot of rain this morning in the East! It could be capital F fun on the slippery stuff! Has anyone got a weather forecast for raceday? I'm hoping it rains - tis bucket loads of fun!
Apparently it's supposed to be dry, better be, cause there's no way I am riding 500 miles in the rain!!!!
I no care unless you race!
Who knows what might happen, if theres a free place, I may be tempted...........
I good hard kart race is worth hours on the treadmill...
Quote from danowat :Apparently it's supposed to be dry, better be, cause there's no way I am riding 500 miles in the rain!!!!

I have driven at Warden Law for 2 years now, and I think I've only had about 2 fully dry days out of 30 ish days of testing/racing! It's a strange place weather wise, so consider yourself very lucky if you get a dry day!

Good luck to everyone, it's a great track!
[SR] Keith is going now
Quote from danowat :Who knows what might happen, if theres a free place, I may be tempted...........

There's still six spaces, but unless need or someone else drops out / just doesn't turn up, they'll be full price.

Weather wise, tomorrow's forecast for SR3 is cloudy, with a 24km/h SW wing and light rain starting around dinner time, so with any luck we'll have finished before the rain starts.

So everybody set for tomorrow? Don't forget you have to pay the other half of the cost on the day! Other than that, so long as you turn up on time, all should go well.

Oh and I just signed out an extra G25 from work, got that ready to take home with me tonight.
I need to get there first

It's purely weather, and knee, twisted it slightly in my 5k race Weds night and it's playing up, so 5 hours in the saddle may not be a great idea, dependant ATM.

We'll see whats what in the morning.
Quote :Weather wise, tomorrow's forecast for SR3 is cloudy, with a 24km/h SW wing and light rain starting around dinner time, so with any luck we'll have finished before the rain starts.

Or better yet the rain comes down whilst we're racing and we have to finish on slicks, that's awesome fun !

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG