The online racing simulator
Blacks VS Whites (destruction derby-like team battles)
Hi guys! We've playing this blacks vs whites game for a couple of days now and just wanted to share the idea with all the community as it's a hell of fun!

First of all, this is not about a new "crash everyone server" or anything like that. We're a bunch of racers that just finished the current league season and right now we are spending some time fooling around to break with the training/racing routine.

The game is played between two teams with like 4 to 8 players each: blacks and whites. Whites use white car/white nickname, and blacks use black car/red nickname (black nicknames are harder to read).

The server is set to:

- Cruise ON (wrong way is a must).
- Small track (around 1 minute per lap).
- A few laps (3 or 4).

The only rule is: the team that gets a car to complete all laps win a point. The only thing that matters is who wins the race. Everything is allowed: speeding on pits, skipping the starting lights... everything!

When a team wins they add it to their score at the end of their nicknames (just to keep track of the score). A score limit is set so the first team to reach that score wins.

The use of TS/ventrilo is strongly recommended but you can play without it if you master the basic strategies.

Basic strategies are learnt quickly after some rounds, like quickly going to pits and rejoining when the other team runners are about to start a new lap so you catch with them as you exit the pits and then you have a good attack chance at the first corner. There're tons of tricks.

We don't prepare team beforehand unless there are majority of people from one team and they have their own TS server. Usually people randomly connect and join the team with less drivers/less points to have teams as balanced as possible.

I attach a replay of today's last round. The race is pretty lame in the beginning as blacks start pretty bad. As you guess there's no driving skill needed to play this, most of the time you don't need/shouldn't follow a proper line. But most of all... you are really not going to give a damn about driving properly

The awesome highlight of that replay is the last lap, as whites have three guys on lap, aiming to finish and blacks have only one but far away in the back. The rest of the blacks perform an amazing defense crushing all three white cars in the last corner/straight and they manage to win.

Believe me, this game is a lot of fun. I'm not a cruiser or a drifter, I'm a good old hotlapper/racer, but every once in a while these kind of games are really fun.
Attached files
blancos_negros_WIN.mpr - 627.7 KB - 184 views
-
(Sueycide_FD) DELETED by Sueycide_FD
#2 - AMB
What do you mean by White vs Blacks? and why name the replay negros? kinda racist.....
I don't see why you couldnt just pick red vs blue as the colors ...
#4 - AMB
At first i though aw ok White vs Blacks like chess, but then i saw the name of the replay
I know 'negro' is kinda a racist term, but at the end of the day, it's just Spanish
Negros is black. Blancos is white.

Black signifying evil (baddies) and white signifying purity (goodies). There's no need to read racism into everything as soon as opposing colours are mentioned. If he'd said Gollywogs versus Masters then that would be racism, but black versus white isn't (in this case, to the best of my very limited knowledge). Just because the word Negro is usually associated with racist connotations doesn't mean the word can't be used natively in other manners.
Exactly...

But by the death of this thread, it will be called Tulips and Daisies, for fear of a lawsuit from the Racism police who have lost their Spanish dictionary
Dudes it's Spanish and we are talking about CARS!!!

Blancos = coches blancos (white cars)
Negros = coches negros (black cars)

There's no need to look for controversy in every word and less when it's a foreign language.

Btw, I've been on the black team every time because I like the black car better and I'm a winning streak, undefeated yet so... NEGROS FTW!!!

In Spain there's a much higher chance that people wouldn't want to be in the "blancos" team because it's Real Madrid (soccer team) color and there're a lot of Barcelona supporters that don't stand "being white", rather than people not wanting to be in the "negros" team for racism issues.
Yeah dudes, get with it man! Learn Spanish

los coches rosas son los mejores del LFS... or something like that
Would a name like "destruction checkers" fit better? The colours are already chosen and I don't know other words for white and black that are not racist. It's game made up by some spanish guy and I'm sure that he wasn't thinking about "negro" having racist connotations in English. I wasn't either when I posted the thread. Actually I've tried to change people's mind to make blacks->reds because black cars are harder to spot in the distance, but people still prefer black because they're opposite colors ans it's like checkers.
so were not allowed to use nicknames like black power, white supremacy and dont shoot until you see the whites then?
Just forget the racism stuff and play the game, stop the racism discussion now please.
Next thing you know we won't be able to say "Black Hole" either. This PC stupidity is off the flippin hook.
Attached images
thats_racist.gif
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Just forget the racism stuff and play the game, stop the racism discussion now please.

You're a dumbass if you seriously thought nobody would note the Racist edge... Blacks V Whites? blancos negro's?

WTF! So here in Spain there is no problem with saying blanco or negro, and in other countries, is considered racism, when it´s a Spanish word. This world is weird lol
Quote from Shotglass :so were not allowed to use nicknames like black power, white supremacy and dont shoot until you see the whites then?

Reds and Blues is still racist, that's like discriminating against really cold people and really hot people

E: That game doesn't look half bad actually
WoW, the fail level in this thread is quite high.
omg... you are so... it is incredible... don´t you realize that political correctness is just another form of being an ass?

can we only use red vs. yellow for battles of two teams now, because only these two colours have not killed eachother in history?

beware of using blue vs. green because they will come down from mars and complain otherwise...

peace (and i mean it!) mo
Quote from Gabkicks :WoW, the fail level in this thread is quite high.

Indeed. "uh, y u use da werd negro? u rassist?" What did they teach in school? To think with rationale and logic, or blind assumptions and stereotypes?

Oh silly me, I forgot. Everyone is guilty of some societal ill or thought crime until proven otherwise. And a word can only be offensive to you if you let it be.

Where is Carlos Mencia when we need him!
this is quite funny , hey im black and im not offended, its quite gilrious
Quote from jayhawk :And a word can only be offensive to you if you let it be.

I agree. WHITE POWER! WHITE POWER!
and the fail continues.
Quote from Gabkicks :and the fail continues.

Well I was just making a point that words are not just words to everyone. While one person may not get insulted easily, most people do. So its still best to try to not insult people.
i think this has gone far enough.. A shame what it turned into but it seemed it was always going to be.

@ Makako. I would recommend either changing the name(s) or keeping all the text in one language rather than having the text in english for the post and then spanish for the replay name (which has clearly brought confussion and simple mindedness to scream racism).

Closing this thread because it simply is not to be with this discussion going on.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG