The online racing simulator
Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
Quote from sam93 :I have heard though a Hayabusa at full speed can go past a speed camera and the time the speed camera has flashed the bike is gone, I dont believe it though.

Quote from BAMBO :You can avoid getting a speeding ticket by a camera if you go over 300 km/h in anything.

Wrong. Authorities (in the UK, at least) have been asked what they'd do in this situation, and if you were going so fast that you only appeared in one frame, you wouldn't get a ticket through the post, you'd get a court summons.
Quote from Luke.S :you can avoid a speed ticket if you do more than 170mph. That is what speed the camera's go upto.

Only for rear-facing Gatsos, afaik.
Quote from sam93 :No one really sticks to the speed limit though do they, all the cars I have been in always go about 10mph over, another solutions is, slow down when you get to the speed camera

We already know that your father, brother or anyone else in your family appears to be a retard behind the wheel.
Quote from danowat :You can also avoid a speeding ticket by, STICKING TO THE BLOODY LIMIT!!!, now theres a novel soloution...........

I know, it's a novel concept - worryingly.
One day the UK National speed limit will be removed, as was promised when it was initially put in place as a test. (or so the story goes)

There is nothing wrong with speed, just the misuse of speed. And speed limits and signs don't take that into account. Sometimes it is perfectly safe to do 200mph past a school. At other times 5mph would be too fast. Can anyone show me a sign that takes that into account (or even without exaggeration changes the speed limit between 5mph and 50mph)?

Note: Since I turned 20 a few years ago I now obey speed limits in villages, country lanes and near schools, hospitals and houses (regardless of time of day/night). Essentially it leaves dual-carriageways and motorways as fair game, and even then I rarely bother going above 90mph as it's too much effort to concentrate sufficiently. One of my current pet hates is people that ignore 20mph limits, however stupid they may seem.

Accidents around speed cameras did initially increase when idiots braked for them at the last minute before intending to accelerate again. Once the gumpties were happily removed from the gene-pool for being as thick as treacle I believe the death rates fell a bit, but rarely to below pre-speed camera levels.
Quote from Jakg :(FWIW i've only had 2 lessons and i've already broken the limit at least 3 times without realising).

It's easy to work out the speed limit even if you can't see any signs: It's usually 10mph slower than everybody else is going.
Quote from STROBE :We already know that your father, brother or anyone else in your family appears to be a retard behind the wheel.

ok, you got one part wrong though, I don't have brother, also no one is my family is a retard, I would love for you to call my dad a retard and then see or hear the response you will get back, one thing what will wind him up a lot is because two of his brothers were handicapped and died of it so he doesnt take it nicely, so think before you speak. Anyway this isnt about me, it's about jakg's car.
So it runs in the family then?

*runs away*
Funny you should mention that, it appears that taking corners fast runs in my family

I remember my papa had an old Datsun Cherry and he threw it into bends at crazy speeds. Used to make me feel ill sitting in the back seat when I was a kid.
My mum throws her car into bends at crazy speeds. 21 years no claims though, so she can't be doing bad.
She commented to me a couple of weeks ago that she was in the car with my little brother and thought "bloody hell he's taking these corners fast".
And on my lessons my instructor keeps telling me I'm taking corners too fast.

It's good to know some things are genetic
Oh god here we go again.
People speed, fair enough, doesn't make it right, I have done silly speeds, but the difference with me is, I won't bleat on about getting caught for speeding if I did get caught.

We all know the speed limits, they are clearly sign posted, weather we agree with the speed limits is niether here nor there, if you break them, expect to get caught and don't piss and moan when you do.

FTR, I NEVER speed in "red circle" speed limits, as far as I am concerned, national speed limit zones are fair game.
Quote from sam93 :Mate your just a prick, simple as.

* Tristan appears in his superman suit and says:

"You shall not insult me with your words, dastardly villain, for I bear the power of the ancient."

Kicks Sam in the groin and then flys away *
Quote from BAMBO :* Tristan appears in his superman suit and says:

"You shall not insult me with your words, dastardly villain, for I bear the power of the ancient."

Kicks Sam in the groin and then flys away *

Basically thats dirty fighting.
Quote from Luke.S :you can avoid a speed ticket if you do more than 170mph. That is what speed the camera's go upto.

Don't you think Speed camera's have been tweaked since they did that test on some Top Gear? (or whatever show it was. really long time ago.)
Quote from danowat :People speed, fair enough, doesn't make it right, I have done silly speeds, but the difference with me is, I won't bleat on about getting caught for speeding if I did get caught or hit the sign and get chopped in half

We all know the speed limits, they are clearly sign posted, weather we agree with the speed limits is niether here nor there, if you break them, expect to get caught and don't piss and moan when you do.

FTR, I NEVER speed in "red circle" speed limits, as far as I am concerned, national speed limit zones are fair game.

Absolutly - if you can't see a GATSO (even a grey one), a policecar or a policeman, or a road sign with time to spare whilst speeding then you deserve to get caught.

I was caught once - I was doing about 85 on my brand new (at the time) ZZR250, and came up behind a police bike, so I slowed. As he went up a slip road, I opened the throttle and tucked in to see how fast it would go (what are the odds on another policeman being on patrol that close to him - small!). After a mile or two I looked in the mirrors (which I couldn't see when tucked in, although after that day I adjusted the mirrors to help) and saw the same police officer...

He had gone up the slip road, round the roundabout, and back onto the dualcarriageway, and set off after me. Apparently he had clocked me at 102mph, but when he asked me how fast I thought I was going I said between 95 and 100mph. As this was close enough, he let me off with the normal 3 points and fine, rather than instant ban that 30+ over the limit would have got me (I was on probation having only recently passed my test).
I have images in my head now of Jakg driving this in 6 months time:

z0mg t3h class y0!
Quote from Dajmin :I have images in my head now of Jakg driving this in 6 months time:

z0mg t3h class y0!

That is bloody horrible.
Thought you would of liked it, it's even a "special" edition...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Thought you would of liked it, it's even a "special" edition...

There has been not thought put into what so ever, also those cars wouldn't even look nice modified proberly.
#93 - Jakg
I know i'm going to sound like Sam93 in a minute but there are actually some tastefully modified Wira's in Malaysia - with a decent set of wheels I think that my car would actually look pretty nice (but new wheels = expensive, and leaner drive = kerbing at some time soon)...
That's pretty tame compared to some of the utter utter gash that gets posted up at Barry Boys
Quote from Jakg :I know i'm going to sound like Sam93 in a minute but there are actually some tastefully modified Wira's in Malaysia - with a decent set of wheels I think that my car would actually look pretty nice (but new wheels = expensive, and leaner drive = kerbing at some time soon)...

And what is wrong with sounding like me lol. For a nice decent set of wheels is going to cost you from around £700-£800, if you are careful you wont kerb them, my uncles chrome wheels dont even have a scratch on them, saying that he isnt a new driver, if you are careful you wont scuff them.

Quote :That's pretty tame compared to some of the utter utter gash that gets posted up at Barry Boys

Barry Boys is for modified cars that havent been done well, some cars do end up on there what people actually like, has happened to a few of the guys from street stylers southwest and their cars have gone on there and people have liked them a lot. The way this car has been done though is horrible.
Quote from sam93 :And what is wrong with sounding like me lol.

Illiteracy, for one.

Quote from Jakg :...a decent set of wheels I think that my car would actually look pretty nice (but new wheels = expensive, and leaner drive = kerbing at some time soon)...

Kerbed wheels aren't the preserve of learners. Low profile tyres mean that kerbed wheels are usually just a matter of time, unless you never park on the street or in the corners of car parks with evil angled kerbs, and so on. My front left even once rode up the kerb and slipped off causing a nasty dent, although in my defence, it was a damn fine blonde that was distracting me whilst parking.
#97 - Jakg
Quote from sam93 :And what is wrong with sounding like me lol.

I'd like a £5,000 Proton please. Easy on the power, heavy on the ric- i mean, er, "ICE".

£800 is 142 hours wages, aka almost 3 months wages for me, which means I ain't buying 'em then kerbing them!

Plus, £800 wheels on a £300 car = Fail.
Quote from STROBE :Kerbed wheels aren't the preserve of learners. Low profile tyres mean that kerbed wheels are usually just a matter of time, unless you never park on the street or in the corners of car parks with evil angled kerbs, and so on. My front left even once rode up the kerb and slipped off causing a nasty dent, although in my defence, it was a damn fine blonde that was distracting me whilst parking.

Not true about low profile tyres, it's if you are careful or not, these wheels havent been kurbed/skuffed or scratched and he parks on streets etc... and places where you get high or low kerbs, he just makes sure he doesnt park to close to the kerb, also it isnt because those wheels are new, they are about 1year old.
Just...ew.

They might not have been kerbed, but that doesn't save the car at all
The number plate is illegal, and the bonnet hasn't been painted yet

Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG