The online racing simulator
Connection to master server
(11 posts, started )
#1 - DR3W
I just downloaded LFS today. Had it befor and it worked, but i got my pc reformated and did not get to back all my stuff up. But now when i try to sing in to my accout for S2 or even play in demo i get (Connection to master server) And it just sets there!

I also just got a wirless router. For the cable net to go to my moms laptop.
Quote from DR3W :I also just got a wirless router. For the cable net to go to my moms laptop.

Well, there you go. Send it to your computer as well and you should be able to connect!

Seriously, I don't have experience with wireless (I'm still in the stoneage with 56k dialup), but from what I've read here, that may be your problem. I don't think wireless and online gaming like to play together very well.
Have you allowed LFS to access the net thru your firewall, if you have one? I had the same problem before giving it access.
#4 - DR3W
Quote from mrodgers :Well, there you go. Send it to your computer as well and you should be able to connect!

Seriously, I don't have experience with wireless (I'm still in the stoneage with 56k dialup), but from what I've read here, that may be your problem. I don't think wireless and online gaming like to play together very well.

What do you mean by send it?
Quote from DR3W :What do you mean by send it?

Sorry bud, that was a lame attempt at a joke. You said you have wireless for mom's laptop so I said send it to your PC instead.

My second line wasn't part of the joke, I was serious there. I just don't have any experience with wireless, but I've heard enough around here about it.
#6 - DR3W
Ya i just wish i could get some good help around here... cus i know someone knows!
o well.....
#7 - DR3W
Can a person get some help? Cus i know some one here knows...
If you got any tips ot hints o anything help me plz!
Thanx!
Ok what computer are you posting with here? Your Mom's laptop? Or your own PC. Because if you are on YOUR computer and posting this (accessing the internet) you should be just fine playing online.

However there could be any number of issues.

-The router you got could be blocking your ability to play online. What brand & model router is it?

-If you are trying to share the internet connection with your mom's laptop, that could be the problem too. How is your network setup?

EDIT: What Operating system is running on both your systems?
#9 - DR3W
Ok.. Im using tha pc im trying to play LFS on!
I got a Linksys Brodband router Wirless-G 2.4GHz. With charter cable net.
Someone just told me that it could be becuse i got Norton?
Yeah, if you have any Virus software, close that down. Usually that software should have a software firewall that wants to block certain programs from accessing the internet. You could keep Norton open and still play the game, but you'd have to 'unblock' LFS from Norton. I wouldn't know how-to do that, because I don't use programs like that... they always cause more problems than a virus . Also if you are running Window XP with Service Pack 2, make sure you unblock LFS through its firewall block list as well.

Normally the Linksys routers should be fine once you hook them up. You wouldn't need to set any special settings. But it is a possibility, but a last resort check. My money is on the Norton though... that is the most common cause of being unable to connect.

Quote from mrodgers :I don't think wireless and online gaming like to play together very well.

It really is no different than playing through a cabled network
#11 - DR3W
Ok... i fixed it lastnight guys! I hade to go throw som stuff on norton. But i can play now( well i just singed on my S2 account cus i had to go to bed). But thanx for help Tweaker!

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG