The online racing simulator
Beijing 2008 Olympics
(339 posts, started )
Englanddddddd Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do watch some of the disciplines with that mindset but I still enjoy watching it. I think it is worse to fool yourself by thinking that those times are possible without taking any additional substances.
you can't fool yourself when you don't actually know the truth. You are just assuming they "must have taken something", it's just an assumption and I don't think its true.

they have in fact a dozen urine check and blood sample taken per day, some competitors are complaining being overly drained, so I really don't think you can take drugs and get away from it.

If people question Bolt's record they should question Phelps' too, until proven otherwise I believe these are genuine records.
Quote from zeugnimod :I'm pretty sure every one of the athletes in the final "used" something.

You're far too young to be a cynical old git. Where's all your naive optimism of youth gone ?

Apparently the Jamaican team and Usain Bolt in particular have been tested virtually every day since they got off the plane, sometimes even two or three times a day. He was joking he had given so much blood for testing he'd probably faint before the finish line.

Stunning, stunning performance though. Probably the "golden moment" of these games, despite Phelps' best efforts.
The best part of Phelps' 7th win was that any swimming coach would tell you to stretch and glide in that finish situation, but by doing the exact opposite he won.
Quote from JJ72 :you can't fool yourself when you don't actually know the truth. You are just assuming they "must have taken something", it's just an assumption and I don't think its true.

they have in fact a dozen urine check and blood sample taken per day, some competitors are complaining being overly drained, so I really don't think you can take drugs and get away from it.

If people question Bolt's record they should question Phelps' too, until proven otherwise I believe these are genuine records.

These people does not understand that the exams are done by people that has a career behind with anti doping things... cmon, they dont select just to fill, they are the best of the best...
They are surely all on some sh.t - they're just using it during training and not before the event...
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The problem with Bolt's record is that I'm left wondering if he is using something. I know it's cynical but sport (most if not all) is riddled with people doing something illegal just to gain a small advantage.

It's a pretty crap world we've come to if we can't let someone win without thinking they cheat. Things come naturally to some, okay???

Shame on you... I think you lot are worse than any dopers because you don't trust anyone.
Quote from piggy501 :Shame on you... I think you lot are worse than any dopers because you don't trust anyone.

Oh give me a break. Given the track record of most sports, I think it's entirely justified to the sceptical about performances like that. It's certainly nothing you need to get all hurt and judgemental about. It's not like all athletes since Adam have been innocent and squeaky clean angels.

That said, I really doubt anyone would get away with anything these days. They're way too active with testing to let anyone slip through.
Bolt using something???
Judging by the way hae accelerated away from the rest, I reckon he must have Type R shorts, Neonz on his trainers, and Nawzzz in his vest!

(Either that or he trained by running away from the Brixton Constabulary with a TV set under his arm )
Bring on the Manc Olympics! (Hurdling over garden fences - TWOCCING - etc etc)
Oweeeeeee - anyone see that weightlifter drop the bar on his shoulders and pop his arm out of place so it was backwards?

URH!
really yuk!!
post a replay if you can but right now its, goooo paula and liz, wooooo
omg! i just saw it on youtube,yuk!!!!!
Marathon here! pretty cool, I wish I could run 1km without crying!! Haha.
what a phelps
those dudes with the boards were fast! lol crack! OUCH
They are all "on things" the point is that some things (such as injecting oxygen is banned) whereas the "natural way" (high oxygen tent that Australia used last olympics) are ok in the rules even though the effect is the same but costs a rediculous amount.

Every athelete is taking something, even if it's as "normal" as protein shakes.
It's not funny, just a little twisted.

I'll get my coat...
Quote from piggy501 :It's a pretty crap world we've come to if we can't let someone win without thinking they cheat. Things come naturally to some, okay???

Shame on you... I think you lot are worse than any dopers because you don't trust anyone.

Considering many doping experts have said that the checks used in the Olympics are not good enough, and there is serious doubts over the Jamician team from the talk in Olympic village......I hold my right to be a cyncial barsteward.

Sport is corrupt, anyone thinking otherwise is seriously deluding themselves. With so much money and glory in front of them, it is only natural that some people will 'bend' the rules to get the added tenth of a second performance or stronger muscles. It's sad I know, but thats were the sport has been taken, and not enough is been done to discourage this. Considering any compertitor found guilty of drug taking is allowed back into the sport after a 2 year ban, it's just not a big enough deterent for the guys.
Quote from dan12s :Englanddddddd Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for double post, but I can't let this slip by.

I think you mean Great Britain rules, there is a couple of Scots and Welsh who have won us some medals.....

....ruddy english always willing to acept the glory of the great Celtic nations as thier own, but as soon as the lose/fail they soon resort to being Scottish/Welsh.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Considering many doping experts have said that the checks used in the Olympics are not good enough, and there is serious doubts over the Jamician team from the talk in Olympic village......I hold my right to be a cyncial barsteward.

Sport is corrupt, anyone thinking otherwise is seriously deluding themselves. With so much money and glory in front of them, it is only natural that some people will 'bend' the rules to get the added tenth of a second performance or stronger muscles. It's sad I know, but thats were the sport has been taken, and not enough is been done to discourage this. Considering any compertitor found guilty of drug taking is allowed back into the sport after a 2 year ban, it's just not a big enough deterent for the guys.

Then you would agree anyone caught delibertably (there are grey areas) cheating in motorsport should be supplied with the same treatment? With so much money being spent by competitors on racing do you agree any clear cheating should be punished in this manner? There is certainly a young driver who is doing rather successfully now who was caught in the biggest cheating scandal in recent UK motorsport history,

Motorsport is full of this sort of thing, which is a terrible shame. And has to be said is NO different to athletics in this manner.
Quote from Intrepid :Then you would agree anyone caught delibertably (there are grey areas) cheating in motorsport should be supplied with the same treatment? With so much money being spent by competitors on racing do you agree any clear cheating should be punished in this manner? There is certainly a young driver who is doing rather successfully now who was caught in the biggest cheating scandal in recent UK motorsport history,

Motorsport is full of this sort of thing, which is a terrible shame. And has to be said is NO different to athletics in this manner.

As I'm talking about drug taking I think you're example of Lewis and Mclarengate is not relevant here as that has not connection to performance enhancing drugs......unless you have evidence to the contrary.
I am not talking about Lewis/Macca. I am talking about a driver who's was caught cheating over a long period of time with illegal modifications in their engine. This is MSA licenced racing btw

They were fined 30k and banned for 6 months. Now an illegal engine modification that brought definate performance is no different than drug taking, and the financial implications are probably greater than many scandals we see in athletics.

So you agree they should have had a longer ban?

Beijing 2008 Olympics
(339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG