The online racing simulator
My first car
(89 posts, started )
My first car
Well i posted a thread awhile ago about this, but wasnt ready to buy yet. I finally decided on what ima get. tell me what u think.

http://www.arizonaredline.com/forsale/head.jpg

2000 Chevy Camaro SS. 320 horsepower V8 stock, 0-60 is 6-8 seconds, depending on the driver. American muscle at its best.
Sexy beast
#3 - Jakg
I think it's f'ing rediculous as a first car.
out of curiosity, why is it ridiculous?
#5 - Jakg
Am i the only one who think 320 HP isn't really suitable for someones first car?
yes it is mine has 55 hp!

but just because it is his first car it doesn´t mean its the first car he ever droved, maybe he just couldn´t buy some own car before
Well ive drove lots of things before, and been driving for nearly 2 years. Ive generally been driving an 04 Taurus 24v DOHC with about 200 hp. But i also drive a 98 jimmy with a 4.0 v6 also rated at about 200 hp.
#8 - ssm
Oh no, not this again. Look, you are just saying this because of jealousy. The only thing that matters is his maturity level, if he can pay for the insurance, by all means, he can have it.

If he likes it, great. The only time when someone doesn't deserve a car is when the person doesn't understand the mechanics of a car and is only going to buy the car for posing.

Oh, btw, get a European sports car or a Japananese car... Americans fail at making cars. Too much curb weight.
That's America... Everyone owns V8-s there
Quote from ssm :Oh no, not this again. Look, you are just saying this because of jealousy.

You read it all wrong. Usually by first car its understood that its the very first car and a driver has no experience, thus thinking that 320hp is too much for a newbie
Quote from Töki (HUN) :That's America... Everyone owns V8-s there

actually now not many own V8's anymore. You see more Honda's and Mazda's then anything else. Most ppl have 4 or 6 cylinder engines, more 4's though. As for the guy above u that said Americans fail at making cars, Not particularly. American cars are great. I admit some are quite heavy but most sports cars are on the lighter side. Although I must admit them trying to model the new ones after the old muscle cars is stupid. Making them heavy and they are way to wind resistant. Although they do look good.
The thing is, that as first car you better not have such powerful cars, because 1, You maybe don't have so much expierience (OP has more then many others it seems), and 2, because you are young, and you dont get so much money, for the tax, fuel, and so on.
Quote from Stefani24 :The thing is, that as first car you better not have such powerful cars, because 1, You maybe don't have so much expierience (OP has more then many others it seems), and 2, because you are young, and you dont get so much money, for the tax, fuel, and so on.

I make more money then u may think. And trust me, i can afford it. And i work for my money, no rich family members lol.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :I make more money then u may think. And trust me, i can afford it. And i work for my money, no rich family members lol.

That's fair. Good to hear that you earn your own money, and there's no need for the parents' help. It's your own choice what kind of car you want, so no one can flame you for buying a V8 as a first car.
whether that car is suitable for a driving beginner or not, if he can afford it there is nothing to prevent him from buying the camaro.

have fun and be careful.
What is the point of this thread? Do you need any help or advice? Or are you just showing off?
I wonder how sensitive the throttle is in that?
If your careful with it fare play but dont drive such a powerful car for your first.
Is it auto?
I already feared that, but we're not sure YET.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :tell me what u think.

http://www.arizonaredline.com/forsale/head.jpg

It's a load of shit. Oversized, woeful handling, way too fast and too powerful for your first car, and it has stripes on it that send the cockometer off the scale.

Sorry, but you did ask.

Whilst Jakg's comments might come across as jealousy given his age and the cost of motoring in Britain, when I say something similar it's absolutely nothing to do with jealousy, given that I went through the "first car" rite of passage some (too many!) years ago. When I was 17 or 18, I took it upon myself to be the best driver possible. I was smooth, quick, safe, courteous, and didn't think it possible to get much better. But ten years later, I have the experience and caution to realise that when I was in my teens, no matter how much effort I put into being a good driver, I simply didn't have the anticipation and realisation of what's going to happen with the unseen twat doing something stupid around the next corner.

Good luck with your Camaro. Don't forget the chest wig and aviator shades. But most of all, try to age mentally by a decade or more before you unleash yourself in it.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :I make more money then u may think. And trust me, i can afford it. And i work for my money, no rich family members lol.

May you tell me what you do?
Anyway, if you can afford it, then there's no problem.
Quote from Jakg :I think it's f'ing rediculous as a first car.

I'd rather drive a Camaro than a Ford Ka.
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
The American V8 is the European straight-4.

Stupid as a first car in my honest opinion. If you can handle it, then fair enough, but never underestimate the danger of driving any car, let alone a 320bhp, V8 which can do 0-60 in 6 seconds.

Try telling that to this guy who then ended up in this news article.

I doubt you will actually not take note, but please don't get angry when I tell you "I told you so" after you post about your recent car crash.

My first car
(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG