The online racing simulator
MRT5 Skins
(186 posts, started , go to first unread)
MRT5 Skins
MRT5 Skins. Zip them up (or don't ) and post them here with a description. If you have to post a picture, just one small jpg please. Thanx

Posts may be edited or deleted without warning if they fall outside these simple requirements.
My Shiner Bock MRT5.

Here's the other gelati skin. This started out as an MRT skin in S1 and I ported it over to S2 and adapted to the other open-wheeled cars as well.
Attached images
MRT_gelati.jpg
mrtgelatiscr.jpg
-
(jimmikatt) DELETED by jimmikatt
Here's my shot at it
#5 - Veiti
Hi,

this is the MRT of team Digital Madness. I hope you like it.

Ciao
Veiti
Attached images
MRT.jpg
#6 - Jimi
Jimi's MRT Skin (1024x1024)
Attached images
MRT_Jimi-M2.jpg
Quote from Jimi :Jimi's MRT Skin (1024x1024)

HI
your skin is amazing but...
could i have your skin without your name, german flag and others letters?
absolutely no problem if you don't want to share it in this way
University of Illinois FSAE 2005.
I took a lot of liberties because the car shape isn't even close, but it's the same kind of look as the real Illini entry.

(MSME '01)
Attached images
MRT_UIUC.jpg
Quote from FunkedUp :University of Illinois FSAE 2005.
I took a lot of liberties because the car shape isn't even close, but it's the same kind of look as the real Illini entry.

(MSME '01)

The university in my town had the first 4WD entry. U Of G.
It's not done yet, but it will be before the 14th. Preferably the 7th for the next OWRL race. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Edit: Tis my first.
Attached images
MRTskinprogress.jpg
-
(schofei) DELETED by schofei
heres mine
Attached images
MRT_GMI1.JPG
MRT_GMI2.JPG
My CoRe Racing Team skin:
Attached images
MRT_CoRe56.jpeg
Does anybody get annoyed by those "This is my teamskin for xy" in every thread too? Why can't people open a new thread where they can post all skins in one post (or more because of the attaching limit) and we don't have to see the exact same skin just on a different mesh over and over again...
I like that idea. When I make a few team skins i'll make my own thread.
Why post the pictures in the first place if you're not going to release the skins?
Quote from teaz-R :Why post the pictures in the first place if you're not going to release the skins?

Hoping Ron Dennis will phone to offer them a spray-painting contract?
Quote from bbman :Does anybody get annoyed by those "This is my teamskin for xy" in every thread too? Why can't people open a new thread where they can post all skins in one post (or more because of the attaching limit) and we don't have to see the exact same skin just on a different mesh over and over again...

Does anyone get annoyed by those who make a post to simply complain about someone else? I posted my team skins in the different threads because those skins belong in those threads. I am not an expert at skinning, and I don't have an expensive graphics package to do them with. But you know, I am very proud of them as I spent a lot of time doing these skins. Posting them here was my way of saying "Hey, LFS community, here is a sample of my artwork, my ideas. What do you think?"

I didn't release the skins because they are my skins, my work, and I don't want anyone but my team members using them. Ever heard of Auto-download for skins?

All I was looking for was some comments on my work, not my posting habits.

Thanks for diverting the attention away from my hard work and onto your trivial complaints.
I could also post my personal skinpack too in every thread... I made them too in many hours of work with NO expensive graphics suite... But what point would I make with that? You have the option to make a thread to showcase your teamskins and this thread would be dedicated to your skins ONLY, but of course, you didn't see that opportunity and you even don't see it NOW...

As for me "stealing" the attention for your skins, seems like there was none whatsoever, or did you got any replys in the other threads? If so, please show me, thanks... In addition, I spoke generally, not just to you... Instead of taking my post as advice (and pointing out the opportunity as stated before) it meant to be, you took it as an insult to your skinning skills and started ranting for yourself... THAT'll make you look much better than me...
@banshee56

I like your skins, i think they are great...(at least what I can see on the pictures). But you really should release the skinfile (maybe on your homepage?). I don't want to steal your skins, i only prefer high quaility skins in game
Fair comments from both side I guess. I understand artists simply wanting feedback and I also understand people who want files as well as little jpegs.

Realistically though, people pretty much browse these threads looking for skins to download for their collection, not to inspect peoples' work and often, if there's nothing to download, they leave and do something else. Sometimes they express how they feel, like now.

I guess if skinmakers want feedback, maybe they should be clear and ask for it (here or in a thread of their own) instead of just posting a preview and saying nothing. You might avoid controversy/arguments that way.
I see what you guys are saying as I have both posted a skin and been guilty of posting artwork without the skin.

By way of a solution, what about setting up a thread in the form of a gallery. Those who want to simply show off their talent may post images to the gallery, whilst those who wish to provide skins for the collectors can add to the regular threads.

I don't have the know-how to do this, but if someone who does thinks this idea makes sense, perhaps you could have a go.
Quote from GloryJ :@banshee56

I like your skins, i think they are great...(at least what I can see on the pictures). But you really should release the skinfile (maybe on your homepage?). I don't want to steal your skins, i only prefer high quaility skins in game

Yes, we will be releasing our skins in a downloadable pack, once we have our website running properly. Thanks for the comments.
sportsshoes
feel free 2 use
Attached images
MRT_C1.jpg
MRT_C2.jpg
My MRT skin, i think it works pretty whell

MRT_Myst
MRT Multi-flame
Here's my skin for the MRT. It looks SO much better sitting still.
When it moves, I have the tendancy to crash it. Not so pretty then...
Attached images
MRT_Aston.jpg
MRT_Flame_sm.jpg

MRT5 Skins
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG