The online racing simulator
Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
What Tikshow said will work, it just that you misunderstood him. No you don't need more files.
check out this 3 simple steps. If it still not working then I can't help sorry.
Attached images
step 01.jpg
step 02.jpg
step 03.jpg
Quote from samyip :What Tikshow said will work, it just that you misunderstood him. No you don't need more files.
check out this 3 simple steps. If it still not working then I can't help sorry.

Then you misunderstood my first post, cause this is the direct3d error:

EDIT: Got it working.. had to convert the file into .jpg.. have no idea why it wouldn't take the .dds.. thanks for your help guys..
Attached images
fail.jpg
it seems the max can't read the dds file, don't know why maybe a reinstall will help you, i post the texture in png then you can use that file, but this is very interesting because lfs uses dds files too
Attached images
engine.png
well It looks like some conflict when you use direct3d for your display driver.
Easiest way to see if you can get round this problem is change your display driver to software and try again.
Goto 'Customize'>'Preference'>'Files', In Display Drivers, click 'choose driver...' If a 'direct3d driver setup' window come up, click 'Revert from Direct3d' and then it will allow you to choose 'software' as your driver.
Then assign the material again to see if it will work or not.
The Direct3d work for me as well, I have no problem at all.
Quote from samyip :well It looks like some conflict when you use direct3d for your display driver.
Easiest way to see if you can get round this problem is change your display driver to software and try again.
Goto 'Customize'>'Preference'>'Files', In Display Drivers, click 'choose driver...' If a 'direct3d driver setup' window come up, click 'Revert from Direct3d' and then it will allow you to choose 'software' as your driver.
Then assign the material again to see if it will work or not.
The Direct3d work for me as well, I have no problem at all.

yeah, but the lfs renders works for him fine, and all of them are in direct 3d, so don't know realy what's problem, maybe a video card driver bug don't know
He fixed it. converted to jpg.
again
Oh man, look it's nemox asking dumb questions again..
I have done some googelin but I can't find the answer to what appears to me as a really easy question..

In 3ds max, whenever I render, the models do not give any shadows..
I have spotlights directed right on it and it still doesn't give any shadow, anyone knows the answer to this lame question?

Thanks
Did you click on 'Shadow' in your light?
[BLENDER] Apply a .tga texture
Good morning everyone,
I'm really new to Blender and I'm wondering how I can apply a texture, only on the side of my wheel, that comes from a .tga image.

Here is my wheel :

I selected only the side object

and I want to use this file:

actually only the part that contains the side image.

but obviously all the image is applied to the object...

Thanks for your help.
G
I think I could helo you, but i don'y really understand what you want to do. Maybe you could try to explain it differently?
He is trying to say that he doesn't knows how to apply texture on his rim.
I don't know about Blender, but in 3ds max it's all about UVW mapping correction.
I can't help you son, but im sure that someone will explain you this.
Ok I found it.
For an unknown reason Orco button was still ON

thanks anyway.
G
Quote from samyip :Did you click on 'Shadow' in your light?

/facepalm...

Thanks for your help man.. :P
Damn, I can be so dumb sometimes.. :P
Hi guys, here I am again.
I have just reinstalled my Vista (Ultimate 64-bit) and I can't get Brazil working. It DOES WORK on XP though. I'm sure there's someone here who uses Vista and Brazil works fine there. The problem begins at the end of the installation of Brazil, when it asks whether you want to install smfgr server or not. Of course I want (as usual) but then I get this... The process is finished...
I run it as admin, gave it full rights, but nothing. Waiting for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Hmm as I was browsing forums, I think I need Brazil V2 for Vista... Anyone has it?
Attached images
brazil.png
helly guys one question:

how can i make the lights look like they are glowing?
i searched but couldn´t find anyhting.. maybe someone can help ?
Do you mean a halo glow around the light/illuminated object?
In Mental Ray you can use 'Glare lume'
Or you can use 'glow' in 'Effects'
Or 'lens effects' in 'video post'
Apart from the 'Glare lume', the other 2 methods can be found in 3ds max manual, very easy to apply.
i want them to shine like they are on

i made this glow thingy but render looks the same, isn´t thre anything in the materials option? i you brazil

btw what i mean are the front-lights of the car
These 2 are the examples of glowing light.
One is the Mental Ray Glare
And the other is 'Effects' > 'Glow' You will need to assign either a 'Object ID' or 'Material ID' for the Glow Effects to recognise what to glow. For example, assign your light object with 'Object ID 2' and when setting up Glow effects, click on Object ID, and put 2 in. Then adjust parameters of the glow with interactive button on. It will render your view and update the change of effect as you adjusting the settings.
Attached images
glow with MR glare.jpg
glow with effects glow.jpg
Okay I'm pissed off again. I can't get my Brazil work on Max9 and Vista Ultimate x64... I've downloaded max 9 trial, and installed the 64bit version.. Then I took my v1.2.66 Brazil (which is compatible with max9 and Vista) and installed it. Then I opened max and I got several messages that all of those Brazil dll-s are not for this verion of max (or Vista?!) Ok then I installed 32-bit, cause I thought (and read) that Brazil works only on 32bit max... Installed the 32bit max and I get the same message. (These dll-s are not compatible with this program)... I'm angry as hell :weeping:

I know people using max9 with the same version brazil and they have no such problems.... Argh....

ANYONE out there using x64 Vista PLEASE tell me which version of Brazil and Max you use.
Quote from BastianB :i want them to shine like they are on...btw what i mean are the front-lights of the car

Is that what you want to acheive?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=143119#post143119
I did them in Mental Ray with Glare for the glow.
I did a mask on the texture map to mask off just the lights and put that mask on illumination map slot, so that the headlamp/rear light texture illuminates.
I put 2 spot lights at the headlamp and use 'Environment'>'volume light', so you can see the cone shape of the lights
On the spot light set up, I used 'far attenuation' to control the spot light's fall off strength. And I did a 'gradient ramp' map to create the headlamp refract pattern with a little amount of noise, then put this map to the spot light's 'Projector Map' slot. That is how I created the light pattern on the floor to simulate light refractions.
ok thanks i´ll take a look
Anyone working with blender with yafray?

I've installed the latest versions of both, plus the python script, when I try to render with the yafray engine it just gives me a black screen, but the command window say it's complete, any ideas?
Umm, got a little problem for now.
I wanted to create some rims, but can't find any tutorial, only Nuts.com one, and other is modelling from picture which takes hours to make it.
Anyone could tell some good tutorial ?
I've seen the best rims here ..
Thank you, a lot. I will try it later.

Problems / Questions
(384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG