The online racing simulator
Quote from Bean0 :Whinging FXO drivers.

I thought the object was to make the racing closer. I really enjoyed my time as a ballasted FXO racing with the other types of car.

I think maybe the server admins need to think what is right for themselves, not listen to what every induvidual says. I'm sure most XRT and RB4 drivers would say that they liked seeing the ballast - it affects their races just as much as it affects the FXO races.

Also, the server went down and now the system isn't working anyway.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :after all FXO is the easiest to drive, it SHOULD be handicapped.

It IS handicapped. By a 3% air intake restriction.
Quote from obsolum :It IS handicapped. By a 3% air intake restriction.

I think he means more, though, because when I removed the ballast I immediately went half a second quicker per lap at bl1r than I had done before (yesterday).

It's a tough choice because there will always be complainers, but you have to decide what is best for the racing after all.
I haven't had the chance to try the handicapped FXO. How much was the ballast anyway?

It's just that in the thread about TBO balancing in the CTRA subforum, it was stated that a mere 2% air intake restriction should be enough to balance the class. 3% was said to be already too much of a handicap, and there wasn't even any mention of added ballast. And now I read here that a 3% restriction plus ballast made for good racing
Quote from obsolum :I haven't had the chance to try the handicapped FXO. How much was the ballast anyway?

It's just that in the thread about TBO balancing in the CTRA subforum, it was stated that a mere 2% air intake restriction should be enough to balance the class. 3% was said to be already too much of a handicap, and there wasn't even any mention of added ballast. And now I read here that a 3% restriction plus ballast made for good racing

Well, with the kind of drivers that show up to this BTCC server, it seems that the % and 20kg provided great racing, but with just 3% it's not quite as close.

Edit, although I don't think the mandatory pit stop is helping either!
Quote from Sirsmiley :Our website is 90% finished, and were now open to serious teams who wish to participate in championship.

Please apply on our forum, for further details.

www.btccracing.co.uk

what about people like myself who are not in teams but wouldn't mind getting involved?
I'm prepared to retract my previous statement, after the race I just had!
Unfortunately were not going to please everyone, however the restrictions in place are to provide more exciting racing. This wont sit happy with everyone, but we cant please everyone. FXO drivers, don’t treat this as the end of the world, the FXO is still as capable of winning a race, it was just very slightly overpowered against the other turbo cars.

If your someone looking to take part in the league, visit the forum and let people know your availability. You will find the right section when you register.

A note to teams, were looking for many more, with 9 slots still available. Please apply!
It is perfectly fine for the FXO to be the slowest car IMO.

It is the easiest to drive so it's only logical that it's the slowest just as the FXR in the GTR class.
Quote from Sirsmiley :Unfortunately were not going to please everyone, however the restrictions in place are to provide more exciting racing. This wont sit happy with everyone, but we cant please everyone. FXO drivers, don’t treat this as the end of the world, the FXO is still as capable of winning a race, it was just very slightly overpowered against the other turbo cars.

If your someone looking to take part in the league, visit the forum and let people know your availability. You will find the right section when you register.

A note to teams, were looking for many more, with 9 slots still available. Please apply!

Yes i agree the restriction should stay as i find with it on its more exciting and closer racing.
To be honest, I found the racing was already pretty damn close in the FXO without the restrictions. But maybe that's just because I suck Which means I'll suck even more now
Quote from obsolum :To be honest, I found the racing was already pretty damn close in the FXO without the restrictions. But maybe that's just because I suck Which means I'll suck even more now

It was not close at all. At least not when of two similarly skilled drivers, one drove a FXO and the other one a RB4/XRT. Did you watch the results after every race? If Pallu wasn't on the server, 7 or 8 cars of the top 10 were almost always FXOs.
Quote from obsolum :I haven't had the chance to try the handicapped FXO. How much was the ballast anyway?

I think you misread what was posted there, Becky stated that during patch X (when global balancing was used) with 3% FXO was the slowest car, although no one mentioned that with 3% restrictions FXO also had 70kg of ballast back then, thus saying that 3 % were a lot, but only saying - no one did any tests...

Quote from zeugnimod :It was not close at all. At least not when of two similarly skilled drivers, one drove a FXO and the other one a RB4/XRT. Did you watch the results after every race? If Pallu wasn't on the server, 7 or 8 cars of the top 10 were almost always FXOs.

Agree, FXO was way more dominant, not to mention that almoust all the pack was contained of them, thus making racing "close", mainly because it was one car races...

Quote from obsolum :To be honest, I found the racing was already pretty damn close in the FXO without the restrictions. But maybe that's just because I suck Which means I'll suck even more now

You don't suck at all IMO, quite a fast driver, and I was finding it hard to fight with you in even in FXOs, with XRT which I mostly use, its almoust impossible, and I do know how to drive it
Quote from Spils :what about people like myself who are not in teams but wouldn't mind getting involved?

You can request to join teams in our forum if there still looking for teams is still looking for drivers.
touring cars is great!
I mean, i spent almost four years with open wheel sims and after this i switch to gt cars...really hard the change, is not a easy vehicle to drive and you have to understand some of the physics, a real challenge! I am really sure that gt drivers are more skilled than F1 drivers.
Quote from gp4racer :I mean, i spent almost four years with open wheel sims and after this i switch to gt cars...really hard the change, is not a easy vehicle to drive and you have to understand some of the physics, a real challenge! I am really sure that gt drivers are more skilled than F1 drivers.

I think its a "different" skill, and the two don't fall on the same linear measurment

Tiptops in general require more finess, since they oversteer alot if you push it. The TBO class cars are lots of power, with more weight, and less grip, so they take a different style of driving. That said, you can slide one around quite a bit and get away with it... you can screw up an entry and save it.

The single seaters require much more precision. Once you screw up, they are much harder to save... and they dont generally give you the slow spin, its just BOOM and you're sideways... Add to that they fact that casual contact that is ok in the tintops will mostly spin both cars...

So maybe SS are a little easier to drive, but require you to be more consistent and "perfect" in your driving. The tintops are harder overall to drive, but are more forgiving of mistakes...

if that makes sense...
Driving any car is easy. Driving it fast on the other hand...
A thought:

It may be an idea to have InSim flash up something about what the 3% restriction actually is as I think it may be scaring off the new drivers. I've seen quite a few people join, try 3 or 4 times to drive the FX0 and get kicked back to the pits, then just leave. My brother tried joining yesterday and just gave up as he didn't know what it was talking about.

Just something like 'Set 3% intake restriction in setup' rather than just 'restriction is 3%'.
That's what I've been saying for days now. A few nights ago Sander answered "yes, we will fix that" or something, but no change so far
Would also be good to have a line of text in the Welcome screen telling that server uses restriction or something like that too
I think the server is crippled. Everyone's losing connection, the race won't restart... hell, I couldn't even leave the damn thing!

Also, when is the darn restriction message going to be fixed. You're turning a lot of people away from the server this way. They want to drive the FXO, but get a message that they don't understand when they try to join the race. After a couple of tries, they just leave. Happens a lot.
the server needs a good restart, that should help the disconnection problems. i too was getting discoed a few times, and told Sander how to do it, but i think he didn't feel comfortable to do it. So, if one of the BTCC admins is reading, could you please do a hard reset on that server?
Quote from burnsy1882 :the server needs a good restart, that should help the disconnection problems. i too was getting discoed a few times, and told Sander how to do it, but i think he didn't feel comfortable to do it. So, if one of the BTCC admins is reading, could you please do a hard reset on that server?

Done.A hard reset
I couldn't feel comfortable since it restarts all the server.

And the message about Handicap is fixed, now it looks like:
"BTCC- SanDer must have Handicap 3% restriction set"

It was fixed already 4 days ago, but Lapper wasn't restarted since then [to start up with the Fixed CFG]
PLEASE remove the swearwords filter, it catches uhm as a swearword^^
Quote from Stefani24 :PLEASE remove the swearwords filter, it catches uhm as a swearword^^

No need to remove it, but an overhaul definetly required. It warns me for words like "idiot" but completly ignores some words that are very offensive, thats a bit unlogical IMO

Touring Car Experience- Attractive to race?
(147 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG