The online racing simulator
Craig Jones died at Brands Hatch
(19 posts, started )
Yeh I heard all about it, The Crash Doesnt even Look Bad.. Looks like he broke a few bones! So Young !

R.I.P Craig
Quote from Jordan2007 :Yeh I heard all about it, The Crash Doesnt even Look Bad.. Looks like he broke a few bones! So Young !

R.I.P Craig

Well, the guy who followed him went over his head...
At the time I thought it was bad (Ihaven't watched it since, nor will I), as did the Eurosport commentary and production staff I think because they didn't show him or talk about it whilst he was being attended to. It was quite an impact and he was knocked out cold.
It's racing and it can happen (before anyone reminds of that obvious fact with a "people die every day" or similar) but it doesn't mean it's not awful when it does. Andrew Pitt must feel terrible, even though there was nothing he could do.
#6 - wien
****. It looked real bad when it happened, but I was sure he'd just been knocked out. Eurosport just went off to something else without much of a mention by the Norwegian commentator and I couldn't really find any more info online at the time. Just assumed he was fine really.

Horrible stuff.
Yeah, the norwegian commentator should go doing something else, because he's so borring that his not worth listening to, and specially in a freak accident by this.

First when I saw the clip I didn't get it, but second tiume seeing it I saw he got the front wheel of the other driver right on his head

RIP..
very sad news i will miss jonesy tearing up the world scene R.I.P
all my wishes go out to his freinds and family

I feel like crying now
He was a great rider, and one that will be sorely missed, he had a great career ahead of him, very sad.
That was a horrible sight, his body just looked lifeless...
#11 - JJ72
at least it was quick :/
#12 - 5haz
That's awful, just the other week I was watching him and Rea at Brno in what was some fantastic racing.

I feel really bad for Andrew Pitt as well, there was nothing he could do, it must be awful for him.

Rest in Peace.
that doesnt look too serious.
but RIP.
Have you ever come off a motorbike? I don't think so with a post like that.

I got knocked off by a car at 30mph, and believe me, that HURT, racers are going MUCH faster.
-
(fujiwara) DELETED by fujiwara
RIP Jonesy.

The Superbike Paddock will never be the same without you.
First SuperSport race I ever watch and this happens. It didn't look THAT bad (it did look bad, but just not this bad).
Quote from danowat :Have you ever come off a motorbike? I don't think so with a post like that.

I got knocked off by a car at 30mph, and believe me, that HURT, racers are going MUCH faster.

I think hes saying, In relation to some of the big ones, which riders have survived, it looks reletively minor, which it does. I don't see Pitt ride over his head either, looks like he just clipped the helmet, probobly enough to break the neck I imagine, unless he ran over the neck itself.
After the disappointment at Brno (machine failure) Craig was having an awesome ride at Brands Hatch.

You probably would have won the race against Rea and Pitt if your bike was as fast as the Ten Kate machines, however you did a brilliant job making up lost time on the corners by taking different lines from the other guys.

To be dicing with Andrew Pitt, a past World Champion and Jonathan Rea you showed the World how good you were.

I'm really sad that you won't be around to entertain me and all the other Bike fans for years to come.

Condolences to your family and friends. The World is missing a great rider and a real character from what I have seen.

RIP Craig
Here are some nice words from Johnny Rea:

I am in shock, just like the whole racing community is right now.
Craig was a cool guy who took me under his wing when I was growing up in the British Championship. I had the pleasure to get to know Jonesy properly when I lived wih him and Karen in 2005 and we mega fun in Ben's back garden on the mini bikes. One thing about Jonesy was that he was so competitive. I remember we used to stay out until it was dark trying to beat eachother's lap times.
This year we raced together in the World Championship and Jonesy's motorhome was like the hub of the paddock. Our relationship was quite unique, as in that we would race bar to bar, wanting so bad to beat one another, but in the evening we would catch up in our motorhomes over a cup of tea. I think that all Jonesy's close friends know how much he appreciated a good cup of tea. PG Tips, milky and one sugar. We spent the last few weeks together along with my mate Gaz, Broc Parkes and his girlfriend Courtney. We had such a good time with so many stories from our little road trip.
My memories are priceless, and I can only feel privilaged to have known and spent time with a guy that has helped me with so much over the years. Kid you might be gone, but you live forever in my heart and mind!
I want to extend my deepest condolances to Craig's family, Karen and her family and all the Parkalgar Honda Team.
R.I.P Craig Jones

I have written this short poem for Craig

You were too young to leave like this
Not only bikes, but the brews you'll miss
Spinning it up and backing it in
Trying your best for the win
Now your are gone up in the sky,
In our hearts you will never die,
Until one day, when we meet again
You'll be sorely missed my friend, amen

(19 posts, started )