The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
The LFS People? Sounds like some kind of tribe to me. They do installer-voodoo?
maybe the computer releases a burst of nos at the user so we all end up really happy every time we start up lfs

oh hang on that already happens

(doesn't it?)
*giggles at tinvek...*

yup, seems too :up:
-> :lfs: ->
I thought this was a SIMULATOR??? :P
errr... NOS...
well, I think if there's gonna be NOS that the 'good'/non ricerish people use it @ a good time, and it will only be more difficult...
Where's the bit in the terms & conditions that says you have to check the Improvement Suggestion Log before starting a new Improvement Suggestion thread?

I bet the devs are slapping their foreheads for including cars that look ricey
:doh: Again LOL.
Arg!!!
illepall Whats with people and Nos anyways? Yes it adds power, but at what cost? blowing your engine wide open? Got to admit it's pritty funny seeing some moron installing Nos(full spray) in his stock civic and blowing the shit out of it driving out of his drive way. hahaha Happens to often...:clapclap: Good laughs!
though, not quite nos, but you do have to wonder about the effectiveness of the A1 style speed burst.(serious)

then we can add those LED zausts, and a ton of filler and a rudegirl 13 yr old that we picked up at a crooz.(not so serious)
Croozin in the XF GTi would be all the better if the passengers in the back were dressed like slappers in cheap tracksuits. Like Vicky Pollard from Little Britain.
Do you want NOS, nitrous oxide, nawzz, or ZEX, giggle gas, ...
Quote from Monkay :illepall Whats with people and Nos anyways? Yes it adds power, but at what cost? blowing your engine wide open? Got to admit it's pritty funny seeing some moron installing Nos(full spray) in his stock civic and blowing the shit out of it driving out of his drive way. hahaha Happens to often...:clapclap: Good laughs!

Just for the record a properly engineered and professionally installed N2O system is not a bad thing and doesn't inherantly cause a blown engine. It's individuals with more money than brains and too much time on their hands who install a poorly thought out system and cause havok and put a bad rap on an otherwise decent way of gaining some power.

And NO, it should not be in LFS

LOL
Another silly idea successfully shot down in flames! :clapclap:
i hope it doesnt get this far

otherwise we would end up in a new gamename called "Nos For Speed"

lmao..

what i would like is really crappy destruction/demolition derby cars in a rallycross.. that would be funny.. "mobile wrecks" illepall
Maybe "DO NOT suggest these improvements" list should be included in the "Suggested improvements log".
LFS is a driving / racing simulator and therefore should have nitrous oxide.
But does anyone really want it? i dont and seems hardly anyone else does either.
Quote from Greboth :LFS is a driving / racing simulator and therefore should have nitrous oxide.
But does anyone really want it? i dont and seems hardly anyone else does either.

Show me a proper curcuit race series that uses N2O.

Dan,
Quote from Greboth :LFS is a driving / racing simulator and therefore should have nitrous oxide.

I guess Apple and Steve Jobs aren't the only ones with Reality Distortion Fields, improvement suggestions have been getting more and more hilarious lately.
Quote from deggis :Maybe "DO NOT suggest these improvements" list should be included in the "Suggested improvements log".

It may sound funny, but it seems to be a good idea to me.
Gran Turismo 4, best PS2 sim ever had NOS. I say yes but i don't want to burn a car 200 ft away. No flames.
Quote from Rappa Z :Gran Turismo 4, best PS2 sim ever had NOS. I say yes but i don't want to burn a car 200 ft away. No flames.

Hehehe, PS2 and SIM in the same sentence

N2O has NO place in a realistic sim, period.

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Hehehe, PS2 and SIM in the same sentence

I know what you're saying Dan, but be nice -- there's nothing inherently crap about the PS2 architecture. Similar spec PCs were used to play sims not so many years ago. And (IMHO) "World of Outlaws" was a remarkable little sprint car simulation for PS2.

Quote :N2O has NO place in a realistic sim, period.

Hmm. Again, I am basically on side and have no personal desire to press any magic boost buttons in LFS. But I think we protest a bit too much about this issue. Let's be honest -- it's the idiocy of ricer culture we fear and despise, not the actual substance N2O. It's not as if petrol plus air is the one true mixture that can usefully power an internal combustion engine.
Quote from jtr99 :I know what you're saying Dan, but be nice -- there's nothing inherently crap about the PS2 architecture. Similar spec PCs were used to play sims not so many years ago. And (IMHO) "World of Outlaws" was a remarkable little sprint car simulation for PS2.

But console is always a console. And a console has it's limits what comes to sims. And I'm not meaning technical limits.
Quote from deggis :But console is always a console. And a console has it's limits what comes to sims. And I'm not meaning technical limits.

Yes, I assume you're talking about commercial pressures to produce games that millions of fourteen-year-olds will buy. And it's true that this perceived market doesn't push game production teams towards super-realistic simulation.

But I disagree with the fatalism inherent in your "console is always a console" statement. If you think about it, the PC is a terrible hodgepodge of parts and systems that doesn't make for a great game-playing environment either. Ten years from now, with high-end consoles in every living room, who is to say that a developer couldn't choose to go after the niche market in realistic driving simulations. You may protest that it wouldn't sell enough copies for them to bother with it, but then again most of the bad shooters and arcade racers don't sell many copies either.
In 10 years maybe, but with the current and even new-gen consoles I very much doubt we'll see any 'realistic' anytime soon. Not only do the consoles have to move away from the sofa onto a desk (to mount your wheel on), but the perception of consoles (for the sim racer) and simulations (for the average punter) will have to change. Sure, I'd love to see consoles on HDTV's with 'gaming' features, say animated pit crews, but with the realistic handling of LFS, nKP (maybe, lets see) and, erm, thats about it actually.

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG