The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Michael Denham :Glad to see you still have yours durbster What springs/shocks did you get?

Koni shocks and springs. I was surprised to learn that what I thought were standard shocks were actually Bilsteins (painted black for some reason), so what I've been assuming was a standard Mazda car wasn't at all. I loved how it handled before but it was pretty awful over bumps and the rubber bushes were worn to MOT failure.

The new setup isn't as instantly responsive but I think the balance is better and there seems to be a lot more grip now. I have reached that conclusion because the seats are now incapable of holding me in properly

I'm booking in to do an autotest type of thing in September, so that'll be the first proper test. I can't wait, it's been years since I was on track :hyper:

Quote from Töki (HUN) :@ durbster

Looking good, but I think that rear fog light should be removed.

Can't do that unfortunately, it's the law.
Quote from durbster :Koni shocks and springs. I was surprised to learn that what I thought were standard shocks were actually Bilsteins (painted black for some reason), so what I've been assuming was a standard Mazda car wasn't at all. I loved how it handled before but it was pretty awful over bumps and the rubber bushes were worn to MOT failure.

The new setup isn't as instantly responsive but I think the balance is better and there seems to be a lot more grip now. I have reached that conclusion because the seats are now incapable of holding me in properly

Cool I have koni yellows on mine, with stock springs. I put a racing beat from sway bar on the car, and with the stock rear sway bar this was about the most I could do and remain in the stock class for autocross. I was very competitive with this setup, although to be honest the stiff front sway bar and stock rear bar made the car less fun on the street due to understeer. So now I've added a racing beat rear sway bar too, not legal in stock class in autox anymore, but much more nicely balanced for the street and for autox and a lot more fun.

New shocks make a HUGE difference eh? I couldn't believe the difference in the ride and also how the car gripped in bumpy corners when I put the konis on the car...felt like a new car.
Giz - I was always a regular reader of the journal on your DX and have been an avid reader of Julie's progress since the start. Nice to see such commitment, it even encouraged me to look for a 4th Gen Civic, but they seem quite "rare" now and I don't want a Rice Burner AND a Bavarian Barge

Everyone likes to give you stick for moaning to Mark & I love your friendly fued with widowmaker

Edit: Giz, in this picture, I can see a Mac Tools box beside the car. Is that just a Mac Tools box, or Mac Tools tools inside also. As I am after a decent MT tool box, about the same size as yours. Any idea where I can get one from?
Cheers

Yeah, pissed at mark because he never told me about any of the bad bits, non at all! and Widowmaker is a good laugh.

the tool box is Mac Tools, with Limited Edition Black Chrome tools, got it 3 years ago for xmas, and tools have lost there fancy finish!
Any idea where I can get Mac Tools as the interweb doesn't seem to have the answer
Quote from The General Lee :Any idea where I can get Mac Tools as the interweb doesn't seem to have the answer

Why not Snap-On? Or at a push, Quicksilverline ? Snap on tools are better I think and more popular in the UK
My stepdad works at a dealer, and they have the MAC and Snap-ON dealers come every fortnight, thats where mine was bought from, plus you get with trade discount when you work for a garage.

My guess is ebay, or try to find a local dealer.
Quote from jayleehb :i like the civic too.. how's that rice? looks pretty functional to me... are you guys gonna say anyone with a wing is rice? personally, i don't like the look of wings.. but they can be functional.

anyways, my ride. hopefully it's not too "rice" for you guys.
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... raiX/Miata/PICT0003-4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... raiX/Miata/PICT0009-1.jpg

my previous car: now my Pop's car.
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... /TheSamuraiX/RIALside.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... /TheSamuraiX/RIALrear.jpg

yay for another black miata
well since my car is better than all of these :P just kidding well am gonna post mine now
Attached images
0521081838.jpg
0521082003.jpg

I just recently cleaned the carpet of the X5. The cars were washed probably 5 days ago at max, will wash again this weekend. There is a small chance I will be able to go to a X5 meet, so I gotta detail the car as well as possible.

Will post pics of the interior once I get them uploaded.
You own both cars? Wow
Is that a 320 or a 330 Diesel? I love that car.
looks like a 325 xi

töki itt nincsenek dízel bmw-k,a rendszám new jersey-s

BTW didnt i just fixed today your x5? i worked on the same thing(cv boot.... blah hate it)
Quote from BlueFlame :Why not Snap-On? Or at a push, Quicksilverline ? Snap on tools are better I think and more popular in the UK

mac tools are awesome anyway
Quote from andybarsblade :mac tools are awesome anyway

I wouldn't really say that myself, Even the Halfords ratchet spanners are pretty good, I was told they are made by Snap-on anyway. Anything that is durable, looks good, feels good, and performs well, is a tool worth having. Obviously it's nicer to have the more expensive innovative stuff.
FBM Skins
Hi there, i want to say i'm a big fan off the motogp driver Valentino Rossi!!!!

thats why i want to use an Valentino Rossi skin on my FBM cars, so can someone make a Rossi skin and upload it to LFS? I'm a demoracer on the moment i cant afford an license for this really nice game and cant upload skins to LFS....

I will really apricatte it if someone will make or does have a nice skin for me and will upload it for me.
Wrong thread man.
Quote from MINIz guy : snip

Is it just me or do the standard x5 wheels look small. How many inches are they?
-
(Deejayyaj) DELETED by Deejayyaj
Quote from Luke.S :Is it just me or do the standard x5 wheels look small. How many inches are they?

yeh its standard 17"
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG