The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Just got an invite
Just in case it was overlooked, I'll mention it again:

I've got an invite to spare. First to PM me will get it.
Question: Do you feel bad when someone goes off after you've put hard pressure on him?

I just had a race where I messed up early and fell down back of the field, from there on I started fighting my way back and few guys did excellent defence so I had to resort on hovering around their mirrors and pretend that I was going to dive in until they messed up and went off the track. Had an awesome fight with 3rd place guy for few laps in a row and was right at his bumper all the time but eventually he spun out.

I kinda feel sorry because their race was ruined, although I know that it's just a driving error when there's no contact.

Edit: However, Jertje is still being stubborn and doesn't want to spin when I'm chasing him.
Well, I do feel sorry when someone spins due to pressure I put on him, but only because the fight is then over. And at the same time I'm happy to gain the position. A clean overtaking maneuvre, however, is more rewarding than gaining due to the car in front messing up. (Not that I speak from experience, it usually only happens with back-markers for me.)

I don't feel sorry for the driver personnally. I think it's part of race craft to put pressure on someone, and it's not easy. In order to do it effectively you have to be close to the car which makes it harder to hit apices, braking points etc. If you can pull that off cleanly, power to you, I'd say.

Likewise, it takes race craft to not mess up when someone is pressuring hard. That is an area where I have to do a lot of learning still. And if I spin because someone put pressure on me (which happens too often), I only blame myself.
Quote from Crommi :Question: Do you feel bad when someone goes off after you've put hard pressure on him?

I do a bit, yes. It's not that it's my fault... but I just prefer clean manouvers, which happen a lot less than people spinning out due to pressure :'\

Quote from Crommi :Edit: However, Jertje is still being stubborn and doesn't want to spin when I'm chasing him.

Hah, well I managed to make a small gap and I knew we have a similar pace, so I became confident enough when my laps were all in the 48 range.
I don't do so well under direct pressure though
Quote from Crommi :Question: Do you feel bad when someone goes off after you've put hard pressure on him?

Nope, it's all part of racing, handling the pressure. Had a race in the ovals, were I was in the top 3, all withiin half a second. I was in 3 and after 15 laps the guy in 2nd felt so under pressure that he made a risky move to take the lead, failed and left me the gap to grab second.

Likewise though a week ago, I was leading by 3 seconds in front of a group of cars, one managed to break away and crept up on me, watching the tenths drip away from my lead, lead me to panic, and sure enough he was on my bumper. Last corner and I muck it up after 10 laps of holding him back and he takes the win......

.....gutted, I nearly destroyed the pc. But thats racing.
Woo!!! Just won my first race

I was on pole position through a good quali time and the race was mine to lose to be honest. It was going well and I had pulled a gap of 6 seconds to 2nd place when turn 1 struck, causing me to go on to the grass. I rejoined in 2nd place about 2 seconds behind the leader and 4 laps later went by him. I'[ve been struggling a bit with consistency and making mistakes but managed to get a really good string of solid laps together!

1.04.6 and so on... So it took a bit if time getting my first win but I eventually got it and I hope to see some of you out there soon
Congratulations
I have compiled a list of LFS'ers who play iracing. Please have a look and if you are missing or your LFS racing name is missing please post in the thread. I think it will be a good idea to keep this list as I'm hoping that private leagues etc will be possible soon.

http://www.sonicrealmsracing.c ... um/index.php?topic=1266.0
Nice.
I got an invite the other day and tried it out yesterday. Quite surprised about this, but it feels better than LFS. Don't like the web-system around it, but it does work, so can't complain too much.

However.. I doubt I will be playing it for more than the month I payed for. I don't care for open wheelers and weird racing cars leaving only the solstice for me to use. I don't care for ovals either, so half the tracks are out aswell.
Well I'm down to about a 1:04.6 at Limerock in the Solstice. Still having issues with lockup going into Big Bend (T1) so I've resorted to stuffing some foam behind the brake pedal and it seems to help a bit.
Heh yesterday afternoon I got a 1:04.5 and today gunna be racing a bit hoping to drop the laptimes a bit. Not consistent enough imo. Gotta find were to gain a bit of time.
Quote from hagenisse :I got an invite the other day and tried it out yesterday. Quite surprised about this, but it feels better than LFS. Don't like the web-system around it, but it does work, so can't complain too much.

However.. I doubt I will be playing it for more than the month I payed for. I don't care for open wheelers and weird racing cars leaving only the solstice for me to use. I don't care for ovals either, so half the tracks are out aswell.

But they have/going to open up the Legends to Road racing, I for one can't wait, although you would have to use the Soltice to get the required rating.
Damn, sunday is closing in too fast and I'm still not in 1:47 range on Infineon, only 0.189 away

Jertje, have you done any testing on VIR yet? Could do little comparison since I'm going to dedicate tomorrow and saturday for practising that track.

Mackie: Legends are already on schedule and races are held on wednesday I believe, same deal with SK Modifieds.
I'm no longer called Treva, thank god for that. Hopefully I will have a few more good races today, and keep my 100% top 5 record.
I have driven iRacing for about three weeks now. Physics beats Lfs - No doubt about that.

But it is very American, with ovals and funny cars !?

Though I love the Solstice

I have bought license for a year. Then I will know if I will continue with iRacing.

Could we have som FWD please

EDIT :
AMERICANS - They have made racingcars with FWD ! I could send you a list - LOL !
Quote from alland44 :I have driven iRacing for about three weeks now. Physics beats Lfs - No doubt about that.

But it is very American, with ovals and funny cars !?

I think it is so American because it is made by... you guessed it.. Americans! :P

Ill be looking for you, Allan!
It's more efficient for a developer team located in US to work on tracks and cars found within reasonable distance instead of traveling all over the world scanning locations. But it's not like we're just driving around in pickup trucks, we got some really good road cars and there's alot more on the way.

Btw, Sporting Code got updated, here's some bedtime reading for ya
http://members.iracing.com/pdf ... _Sporting_Code_042408.pdf
Quote from th84 :I think it is so American because it is made by... you guessed it.. Americans! :P

Ill be looking for you, Allan!

HUH !
I`ll hide from you - For sure

EDIT :
Pssst !
My iRacing name is Allan Didriksen
MUHAHAHAHA!!

There is no hiding from me!!
Quicksilver what's your new racer name?
Quote from th84 :MUHAHAHAHA!!

There is no hiding from me!!

Hillbillies scares the SHIT out of me
/REALLY HIDE !

EDIT :
But i don`t race the ovals - What are the chances that we`ll meet, then
(Okay - I like the long ovals - Not the perverted ones)
Quote from Crommi :Jertje, have you done any testing on VIR yet? Could do little comparison since I'm going to dedicate tomorrow and saturday for practising that track.

Well, I didn't race Grand East last time it was up so I have no real experience around VIR (and I hate the track ;p) but I think I did a 2.14.9 in the couple of 'fast' laps that I managed a couple of days back.

I think I'll dedicate Saturday to practicing hardcore.
Quote from evilpimp :Quicksilver what's your new racer name?

If you had him on your friends list, it updates automatically without having to add him again.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG