The online racing simulator
Major Skin Bug
(10 posts, started )
Major Skin Bug
Ok, this has been mentioned before by multiple people and I also experience this..... Bug?

Anyway here's how it goes.

skins get downloaded from lfs world in game, they appear in skinsx folder but they do not get put onto the cars, they just stay white.

I have tried 2 fresh installs of lfs and there is still no resolution of this matter and I would really like some input from a dev on this matter.

thanks
scotty
I have experienced this once or twice as well - it only seems to occur when 5 or more skins have to be downloaded though.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I have experienced this once or twice as well - it only seems to occur when 5 or more skins have to be downloaded though.

I experience this all the time. I'm upgrading my internet to 4mb so i'll see what happens then. It's still 512 at the moment.
#4 - ORION
I guess this is the old anti-glitch-when-loading-new-skins protection.
It will not load all the link from your disk at once, but only when you can actually see the cars. Just drive near the cars or watch it in spectator/change to his view, and it should load the skin.
Nope, definately doesnt do that ORION Infact from time to time you have to quit LFS completely before it picks them up. Pitting doesnt make a difference.
mine doesn't work at all, restarting or pitting. Would still like some inpu from a Dev

scotty
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
Quote from snewham :they appear in skinsx folder

please read the post first?
At the moment i can't really understand how that could happen - it seems quite mysterious.

I'd be interested to know if you really do have to quit and restart LFS to make the skins appear - because maybe you can get the same result by forcing a texture reload in-game, for example by changing the texture resolution? Maybe the missing skins will appear during the texture reload.

Depending on the result of that test, it may help me narrow down where i have to search for the problem.
#9 - ORION
Just an idea:
what would happen if the skin files are broken?
#10 - tpa
nah, when I had that bug the files were sitting perfectly fine in my skins_x folder

Major Skin Bug
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG