The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
I think it COULD work. You really don't have anything to lose. I think you can download and install the game as many times as you want. Like I said, I've downloaded and installed it twice during the same week so you shouldnt have any trouble. Try
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a go.
Np.
Well, I'm downloading the big update and whatever server they're using is the fastest I've seen since I moved into this new house. 1.5mb/s of actual download speed. Maybe that sucks? For around here though, it's rare you can get anything that fast.

Reminds me of the Napster days circa 1998 when I'd wait all night for 7 songs at 2.8k/s...
My luck is coming back to me, totally lost my braking into turn 1 while I was in 2nd place and dropped to 5th. Then on lap 16 the leader lost it in the last turn, crashing hard, then stupidly pulled back onto the track and hit the guy in 2nd. So then I was in 3rd, last lap I took 2nd into the first turn and held it.

Now I am definately calling it a night, you have to hold your thumbs so carefully with a gamepad that your arms and hands go really stiff.
Hey guys is there a way to try the game for free? Not a crack but yeah I'd like to give it a short go.
Nope, no free demo, no crack, nothing. Unless you can go to someones house if he has it the only way you'll play is if you pay (20$ for a month). Or you could find someone who is EXTREMLY nice and who would let you try it but it's risky because once you have his details you can buy him like a full year and all those cars and tracks and it'll charge it on his credit card. That's the main reason why I would never lend mine.
Quote from evilpimp :Or you could find someone who is EXTREMLY nice and who would let you try it but it's risky because once you have his details you can buy him like a full year and all those cars and tracks and it'll charge it on his credit card.

Cool! You'll lend me your account for a couple of minutes then?

Quote from evilpimp :That's the main reason why I would never lend mine.

Oh, shiz.
Lol xD Sorry man.
Quote from jaws99 :We need to compile some sort of list for all the forumers with iracing. I'm Ben Grindle and you should recognise me easilly in the pink car

lol i did a practice session with you last night !

i wasnt that good, was able to do 1.04s earlier in evening but went for a bath and then decided to do a practice before work and the speed had gone

see if you can work out who i am

the colours of the car could give it away given where i'm from
Apparently, the second wave of invitations is here.

Got mine in the mail last night. Sadly I've got a busy 3-4 weeks ahead of me, so I'll be saving it for later
Quote from bobvanvliet :Apparently, the second wave of invitations is here.

Got mine in the mail last night. Sadly I've got a busy 3-4 weeks ahead of me, so I'll be saving it for later

I got mine last night too, it says that the promotional code you are given is only valid for 30 days, so don't let it expire if you want to try it out.
Quote from tinvek :lol i did a practice session with you last night !

i wasnt that good, was able to do 1.04s earlier in evening but went for a bath and then decided to do a practice before work and the speed had gone

see if you can work out who i am

the colours of the car could give it away given where i'm from

Kevin by any chance? I remember I think I spun out right in front of you at one point!
minimum requirements are necessary to run the iRacing.com™ software
The following minimum requirements are necessary to run the iRacing.com™ software.

System Requirements
• Windows XP or Windows Vista
• Hyperthreaded Intel CPU, AMD Athlon 64 CPU, or any dual-core CPU
• 128MB Pixel Shader 2.0 (ATI 9700Pro or nVidia 6600 or better); 256 MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI X1600 or nVidia 6800 GT/GS or better recommended) graphics adapter
• 1 GB RAM
• 3Gb free hard disk space
• Steering wheel and pedals required
• Microphone optional, required for voice chat
i'll me up for sum races later, jason lovett

limerock full pb 1.05.2 after about 20 laps
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :

StableX whats your iracing name, I will add you as a friend.

Andy Kirschetorte..... same as in every game if you play any other too
Quote from StableX :Andy Kirschetorte..... same as in every game if you play any other too

The man obviously has no clue what he is getting invloved with
Hi,

Anyone out there no if this computer would be up to the job of running I.racing or not??

Sapphire Radeon X1550 graphic card
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00Ghz
and 1GB of Ram

Thanks
Quote from Wakey :Hi,

Anyone out there no if this computer would be up to the job of running I.racing or not??

and 1GB of Ram

Thanks

what RAM does the card have?

My suggestion would be to email iRacing support. When I have with technical questions they have been brilliant, fast and really helpful.
I wouldn't recommend trying it on that system, because it's right on the minimum requirements as you can see a few posts up.
Quote from Wakey :Hi,

and 1GB of Ram

Thanks

Your system is right at the minimum, so I cannot say that it's going to look or run fantastic. Large tracks with multiple layouts such as Silverstone can cause small stuttering on even faster machines.

titanLS: I doubt your system can run it at playable framerates, maybe in offline practise sessions but races with multiple cars will cause problems. Both CPU and graphics card are not even close to meeting minimum requirements.
Many thanks for quick replys
I'll wait until i have to upgrade my computer
can i pass my invite on to someone else or is it not transferrable??
As long as you haven't used it, you can give your code to someone else
Now as there starts to be plenty of series to run, I really wish they would improve the web UI a bit. It's been suggested before but somekind of window with next 5 events with their starting time and duration would be great.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG