The online racing simulator
What's a good FBM time around Blackwood?
Hey guys,
Recently got into Demo racing the FBM around blackwood.
After around 10 laps im running a best time of 1.15.20

Could anyone that races the same track/ car give me an indication of what a good time is and what is an average lap time.
Just so i know how i am doing and what i should be working towards.

Appreciate any constructive feedback

Daniel

Err...Demo? BF1?

Don't you mean FBM? :S
could you post us a replay , and its fbm for demo , not the bf1
Yeah guys sorry FBM my mistake
#5 - migf1
Here you can compare laptimes. You can even download replays (by clicking the laptime) so you can study them. Also, you can download setups from either team inferno or setupgrid.net.
Is anyone able to tell me how to start half way around the track to get a rolling start on time trials?
Quote from CALTURB :Is anyone able to tell me how to start half way around the track to get a rolling start on time trials?

That is known as hot lapping, but you have to buy S2 to get that feature i think.
No, you can hotlap in the demo.
Quote from duke_toaster :No, you can hotlap in the demo.

My bad.

@CALTURB, you should be OK if you just select "Hot Lapping" in the main menu.
1:15 is an above average time i think. My pb(from demo times before licensing, so no proof) is 1:16.80 iirc.
12's and 13's
Quote from Stefani24 :are alien times.

Are perfectly good times to aim for. Start off with trying to go for low 14's. In the V1 they are getting grids full of drivers in the 12's and 13's.
Thanks heaps guys, ive downloaded a couple of replays of 12s, and have much better ideas of where to maintain speed etc.
The chicane and final corner are the main areas to work on.
Quote from Stefani24 :are alien times.

++

my pb for BL1 FBM is 1:22.52x... and that's with 1% gas still left in the tank... i need to try some better setups, as i don't think it's my driving.
Quote from bunder9999 :++

my pb for BL1 FBM is 1:22.52x... and that's with 1% gas still left in the tank... i need to try some better setups, as i don't think it's my driving.

If you're at 1:22 it's definitely your driving. Check out some replays or hotlaps!
Quote from titanLS :If you're at 1:22 it's definitely your driving. Check out some replays or hotlaps!

... but i follow the racing line and have my foot on the floor most of the time, how can it be my driving... dunno.
You are 10 seconds slower than the WR, it definately is your driving and not the setup. Download the WR setup and see what you do different.

Or post a replay of you here so people can give advice.
Quote from zeugnimod :Or post a replay of you here so people can give advice.

i would, but it seems i turned off auto-save replay.

give me a few days, i'll start another thread.
Quote from bunder9999 :give me a few days, i'll start another thread.

I know this sounds like a crazy idea, given how exciting it is to find reasons to start new threads around here lately, but you could just make another post in this already existing thread
#22 - JJ72
Quote from bunder9999 :how can it be my driving... dunno.

That's exactly the reason you are slow, because you don't even know what you are doing wrong.
vincper was doing 12s & 13s consistently in the last V1 race, and the tyre temperature is maintained quite well, absolutely no idea how hes doin it
Quote from Kancel :vincper was doing 12s & 13s consistently in the last V1 race, and the tyre temperature is maintained quite well, absolutely no idea how hes doin it

About 10k laps practice =)
He's found a very good ballance point between rushing/not rushing the tyres i guess Vincper's allways been extremely fast in this car, plus he's got a lot more milage than you currently do (thread starter).

As you haven't posted any replay, it's difficult to say what you're doing wrong.. However, just take it easy as no one will evr be able to pull off such fast laps as the top 5 guys with little experience in the car. Take it step by step, check the cornering and (especially) the exit speeds in your own replays compared to the top driver's ones. If you do so, i think you'll have a natural progress over time

EDIT: I'm obviously a bit late, good luck anyway :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG