The online racing simulator
Go Marcos!
(20 posts, started )
Go Marcos!
Looks like Marcos Ambrose is having a good day. This is his first start in Nascar Sprint Cup racing. GO GO GO!!!

Stock cars on a road course is like a whale dry-humping a beach. Just try to turn away. Might be a little awkward, but a rare sight.
Is his name actually spelled 'Marcos?' I thought it was 'Marcus.' When I saw the thread title, I thought the Marcos car company was making a comeback...

.. Now I'm disappointed.
Nice job running over Montoya.
Too bad Ambrose got ran over then had some gear (?) problems.
Ya he broke a gearbox when Sadler slammed into him.

Too bad I wish Papis could have done better, but hey that race was absolutely amazing.
Awww nuts I missed this one, i might be lucky and catch a late replay or something hopefully.

Quote from MAGGOT :Is his name actually spelled 'Marcos?' I thought it was 'Marcus.'

Most definately Marcos..... www.marcosambrose.com

Even though he was (and still is) a Ford man during the V8 supercar series here, I have to respect what he is achieving in the states.

He certainly craps all over Montoya, thats for sure (and for a fraction of the cost!!).
Curious what does Aussies think of Marcos?
Quote from MAGGOT :When I saw the thread title, I thought the Marcos car company was making a comeback...

.. Now I'm disappointed.

My reaction as well!
Quote from lizardfolk :Curious what does Aussies think of Marcos?

Depends on if you're a Ford or Holden fan. He drove in a Ford team in the V8 Supercars series here, and won two titles.

I like Ford, so I like him.

Holden fans think he's a butt-hole.
Cool to see this thread is still going. Good luck at Daytona tonight, Marcos.
Ambrose got ran over?! Anyone got a clip?
Quote from samjh :Depends on if you're a Ford or Holden fan. He drove in a Ford team in the V8 Supercars series here, and won two titles.

I like Ford, so I like him.

Holden fans think he's a butt-hole.

I see ok
Quote from lizardfolk :I see ok

Ambrose grated with quite a few Holden drivers in the V8 Supercar series. Most of the top-flight drivers are arrogant dogs on the track and Ambrose was no exception. Greg Murphy - a prominent Holden driver - regularly clashed with him, both on track and in the paddock.
Despite the tire fiasco this weekend at Indy that almost mirrored the F1 US GP disaster, I found the race interesting.

I posted in the Marcos thread because I dont think I need to make a whole nother thread

Aussies might be interested in this:

Pre-Race:
http://www.journalgazette.net/ ... 080727/SPORTS07/807270430

Marcos only had 2 laps of practice and the car wasn't handling well at all but managed to make the field. Holy Crap, gj

Post-Race:
http://www.motorsport.com/news ... =300380&FS=NASCAR-CUP

With a limited experience in the CoT Marcos got a well deserved 22nd finish (he started last too cause of an engine change). TBH I was worried about him cause everyone's tires lasted only like 8 laps I figured he would have got taken out by someone with tire problems or had a blown tire himself but he kept his nose clean and got home a good finish.

I think the next NASCAR star after Busch might just be Ambrose
Thanks for posting that.

i was never an Ambrose fan whilst he was in the V8 Supercars, but am following him as close as i can while in the states. Ambrose definately craps all over Montoya as shown last year (yet Montoya gets a full time Sprint cup drive - go figure).

I think Montreal is gonna be interesting, as will Watkins Glen. Ambrose can drive fast on ovals, he's proven it with several top 10's and even pole's.

Go Ambrose!
Quote from MAGGOT :Is his name actually spelled 'Marcos?' I thought it was 'Marcus.' When I saw the thread title, I thought the Marcos car company was making a comeback...

.. Now I'm disappointed.

ditto... I was like, WOW, that's a name from the past
Quote from Damo74 :Thanks for posting that.

i was never an Ambrose fan whilst he was in the V8 Supercars, but am following him as close as i can while in the states. Ambrose definately craps all over Montoya as shown last year (yet Montoya gets a full time Sprint cup drive - go figure).

My magic crystal ball says Marcos will drive for Stewart Haas racing for the 2009 season.

Anyway. He's proven his ability, and people like him. That's a great way to pick up a full time ride.
Quote from PAracer :My magic crystal ball says Marcos will drive for Stewart Haas racing for the 2009 season.

Anyway. He's proven his ability, and people like him. That's a great way to pick up a full time ride.

Wait what? He already has a signed a full ride contract with JTG Daugherty Racing for 2009. (Still unsure whether it'll be the 47 or the 59).

IMO that's much better than going for the Wood Brothers #21. That team literally went down the drain in the last recent years.

Curious, is NASCAR broadcast in Australia no that Ambrose is in?

Quote from Damo74 :Thanks for posting that.

I think Montreal is gonna be interesting, as will Watkins Glen. Ambrose can drive fast on ovals, he's proven it with several top 10's and even pole's.

Go Ambrose!

His 22nd finish was amazing imo, Marcos had only 2 laps of practice and was struggling with the car all weekend. The only thing stopping him from winning races is experience right now. Here's to a good rookie 2009 season.

Go Marcos!
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG