The online racing simulator
2009 Focus RS: Official details and pictures
(69 posts, started )
Looks nice actually, awful colour though...and tbh too much power for a FWD imo.
FWD Rally Sport? Fail.
why dont they make it 4wd or rwd? its stupid...
Good looking, however not practical atall.
Duoho, as the Focus ST came out i already thought its too much power for an FWD, but this?! :X
look at that saab with about 400bhp and thats a fwd.
Quote from Luke.S :look at that saab with about 400bhp and thats a fwd.

What saab??

I like this RS, but i like the ST more so. The ST looks more understated.

p.s, the Mk1 Focus RS was a better looking RS imo. :P
#9 - JJ72
well, you do sometimes need nutter car like this to spice things up.

even though I bet they would be more rare than a ferrari 430 on street.
must have been 300bhp. I think the new rs is too much like an ST oh and i'm lucky enough to live round the corner from a mk1 focus rs it's is number 200 something i think.
As I said on a BMW forum (Go figure...) over a month ago (You guy are slooow :razz

Quote from me :Definitely looks the part! With the right amount of traction it would fly...

But I agree with most people here, with gay wheel drive and no help from Costin and Duckworth it just lacks what RS Fords from yesteryear had IMO. It may don the RS badge, but it's not a 'real' RS...'Rally Sport' with FWD? I think not.

Not to much horsepower for a FWD, I have seen Corsa's that are 350BHP and I have heard it is possible to make them 400BHP what I am wanting to achieve when I get mine.
The new Focus RS though is a nice car and a big improvement to the old one as that didn't really look like it had much changed but on the new RS it looks better in terms of exterior styling, well I think this, looks a lot better then the old one. Saw this yesterday on the front of Top Gear magazine, I think it was the top gear mag anyway
damn. Europe gets all the best fords.
don't worry we want your fusion and you get our's in 2012
-
(wheel4hummer) DELETED by wheel4hummer : fuck that changed my mind, shouldn't have posted in the first place.
Ricer in the hold!
#16 - Jakg
Quote from sam93 :Not to much horsepower for a FWD, I have seen Corsa's that are 350BHP and I have heard it is possible to make them 400BHP what I am wanting to achieve when I get mine.
The new Focus RS though is a nice car and a big improvement to the old one as that didn't really look like it had much changed but on the new RS it looks better in terms of exterior styling, well I think this, looks a lot better then the old one. Saw this yesterday on the front of Top Gear magazine, I think it was the top gear mag anyway

The limit for production cars really is around 260 HP with the sort of suspension "hot hatches" have as standard. iirc there is a FWD Dodge from the 60's with a 400 HP V8 stock, but it's impossible to drive fast without being careful on the throttle
Quote from Jakg :The limit for production cars really is around 260 HP with the sort of suspension "hot hatches" have as standard. iirc there is a FWD Dodge from the 60's with a 400 HP V8 stock, but it's impossible to drive fast without being careful on the throttle

Very true, I always say even though I have only driven on a airfield, treat a car with respect whilst or it will bite back at you if you don't, the car is only under control if the driver has it under control.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from sam93 :...the car is only under control if the driver has it under control.

what?
Quote from sam93 :the car is only under control if the driver has it under control.

For real? I don't understand your point lol
Don't worry, I don't really know how better I can explain it, really if you don't have the car undercontrol, the car isn't under control that's all. Said this because Jakg was on about being careful with the throttle.
Sorry don't always make sense when I say things
Quote from sam93 :Don't worry, I don't really know how better I can explain it, really if you don't have the car undercontrol, the car isn't under control that's all. Said this because Jakg was on about being careful with the throttle.

You mean if it oversteers you can't handle it?
Quote from sam93 :Not to much horsepower for a FWD, I have seen Corsa's that are 350BHP and I have heard it is possible to make them 400BHP what I am wanting to achieve when I get mine.

I am sure you can, and easily! After you do so, enter into a corner, then exit full power. Let us know what happens. I can do so with my WRX, be it with the stock 230, or 300 horsepower.

Vauxhall Astra VXR. Must I say anymore? Fail wheel drive with a poor suspension geometry that cannot cope is only good for going in a straight line.

You missed the boat again, Ford. Actually, maybe the lunacy of high insurance prices, as a result of the Cossie is why the Focus id FWD.
Quote from sam93 :Don't worry, I don't really know how better I can explain it, really if you don't have the car undercontrol, the car isn't under control that's all. Said this because Jakg was on about being careful with the throttle.

Well you lose quite a lot of speed with too much power on a FWD from wheel spin, remember the front wheels are having to deal with the steering and the acceleration. You tend to understeer rather than oversteer (I guess thats mainly on your driving style though), both pretty reasonable to control on a nicely weight balanced car such as a Focus.

Its just a shame on this one that so much power goes to waste. 4WD tbh, thats what this car needs to be impressive.
Quote from jayhawk :I am sure you can, and easily! After you do so, enter into a corner, then exit full power. Let us know what happens. I can do so with my WRX, be it with the stock 230, or 300 horsepower.

Vauxhall Astra VXR. Must I say anymore? Fail wheel drive with a poor suspension geometry that cannot cope is only good for going in a straight line.

You missed the boat again, Ford. Actually, maybe the lunacy of high insurance prices, as a result of the Cossie is why the Focus id FWD.

I obviously wont just slam an engine as powerful as that in a car without doing handling modifications like: Brakes, Suspension etc...

Edit: I would only also put a 400BHP engine for shows but I am not getting into car shows debate and also to annoy people who have cars like scoobies and get left standing by a corsa, they may get away a lot quicker then a Corsa as they have 4wd but when a car as light as a Corsa with 400BHP gets going, I think it will proberly be a little scary though.
Wouldn't you be able to make a FWD car like a Corsa, well in this case a Focus into a 4WD with not very much work, well obviously you would have to change the diff's etc.. but it would be posiible wouldn't it.
The only reason that I can think of why they made it FWD is to reintroduce a Cosworth... Other than that would be complete lunacy...

(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG