The online racing simulator
So, when you're playing LFS/Crysis/whatever game, you're merely a puppet for somebody/thing's actions?

WoWoW anyone?
#27 - w126
What if a kitten is killed in the 50th century everytime you start a new thread, lerts?
Quote from lerts :actually i have the paranoia that when i play i could be remote controlling, thats why i dont play violent games

If you're being remotely controlled, you've lost the ability to exercise free will, which means you no longer have the option to choose what you will or will not play.
world is going to end in 2012
nono not that im remote controlled but im remote controlling a machine

of course its almost imposible but i feel bad shooting virtual people

i think germany is a pioneer on ai rights, they should pay attention to gta, virtual people might get to achieve feelings, then we should think twice about shooting them up
Quote from mutt107 :world is going to end in 2012

world is going to end on my birthday 666 is in my mobile number muhahahahahaha
#32 - Jakg
Why is everyone pretending his idea is stupid and pretending not to understand? He is saying maybe LFS has such good physics is because actually we are controlling real XFG's on a real blackwood and LFS is relaying the data (i.e. GPS positions) back through to us...

That may be crazy, but it's not hard to understand.

Jeez give Lerts a break.
jak, i think cus some people are mean and like to flame people.
Quote from Jakg :Why is everyone pretending his idea is stupid and pretending not to understand? He is saying maybe LFS has such good physics is because actually we are controlling real XFG's on a real blackwood and LFS is relaying the data (i.e. GPS positions) back through to us...

That may be crazy, but it's not hard to understand.

Jeez give Lerts a break.

how about jeez give us a break lerts?
Looks like lerts like filosophy

Thinking about the universe we live...

Jakg, I really hope the cars we are controlling in real life don't fly away when hitting the walls..
and can you explain how do they disappear when pressing shift + p / s / etc?

Maybe its like GTA SA bluehell, the tracks and cars of LFS are in someplace away from the earth, maybe in places above the sky, and only if you enter the correct interior number on the real life you might see it. We are in interior 0 right now, and I think the tracks and cars are on interior 16.

Maybe we could see the aliens entering interior 32, and then doing a little research on the sky, but they could move quickly into another interior so we have to be fast
im not the only one who wants to play to play the game as real as posible, i recall a server say cars teleported to pits, that explains it
Quote from lerts :im not the only one who wants to play to play the game as real as posible, i recall a server say cars teleported to pits, that explains it

:ices_rofl

:banana_ra
Quote :of course probably not but aint it posible?, how do we know the world is trully how it appears,

Well according to Quantum Physics it isnt, where questions like "If a tree falls over in the forest does it make a sound?" leave us pondering yes or no on a philosophical level, whereas according to Quantum Physics the tree does not exist anyway - a small fact lost on the quantum physicists who mull this question and insist the answer is no.

Quote :do ghosts or alien belong to real or not

I'll ignore the topic of aliens as there's another thread about it, but ghosts is an interesting one. See we use the word ghost to explain things we cant explain and give them an explanation, they are "paranormal". That doesnt meen there isn't an explanation, just that we dont know what the answer is.

Like those people who record white noise and play it back at half speed to "hear what ghosts are saying" are, according to Steven Hawkins, listening to the after echo of the big bang.

If you see a person who died years before are you seeing that person in your mind because you needed too and your sub-conscious put them there, or because they are sent down from heaven above to appear to us and not the person next to us? Does it matter which answer is correct, if that is also a "ghost"?
OK Lerts, you got your S2 License plz stop the useless posts now
im playing so much that i dream all night long i cant control the xrg, it wouldnt be bad if i could control it, but in my dreams is out of control all time, need to take breaks sometimes

in my opinion the sanest concept of the world and closest to reality are those hold by atheists, myself im agnostic,they dont beileve in yeti , ghosts , alien, or anithing that is not normal, myself i doubt it, not sure

in fact you know someone is crazy as soon as he mentions some conspiracy or cover up, i never do with my friends, thats why i love so much forums cause here i can really be myself

but atheist refuse to analize that 1% of info that doesnt fit their normal world, for example recorded voices of ghosts, or healers, or premonitory dreams

when im normal i ignore that 1% info that contradicts what the world appears to be, but if im in a crazy mood i have to give an explanation of that 1% odd info, and that can be only through wild theories

so what is better to have wild theories or to deny part of the info about this world, not a single person knows what the universe is about, it could be anything, in fact matter is energy and energy is motion of matter,motion of motion, in the end nothing, so if we are nothing even magic is posible since if this world its made of nothing its an illusion, so you could control it with your mind, just like a dream

i dont think i think insane, i think more as a kid willing to believe better fantasy than reality

hell would you put a 4 year old watching the news everyday?, hed get insane
Quote from lerts :[...]
hell would you put a 4 year old watching the news everyday?, hed get insane

I think the children wouldn't even pay attention to get insane
Maybe he'd start crying because you don't let him go and play a game and still tries to make him read things he can't

Quote from Velociround :[...]

I have the solution to my problem! I know exactly what happens to your LFS car in real life when you press shift + p or such: the car just changes its current interior and vualá! It suddenly disapears. I mean the car is still on the track, but we can't see it because we are in diferent interiors
But the barrier thing is gonna take some time...

Quote from lerts :[...]

I'm not atheist but I ignore those "ghosts" and "aliens" (1% of the info?) and I live well . But I still like to play F.E.A.R. for example because it makes me feel.... fear... I love the idea of a little girl scaring everyone and having the control of everything... excellent game BTW. I like paranormal things as long as you don't take it seriously.

Damn! Everytime I talk about this something suddenly appears behind me looking at me with a angry, serious face and I desperatly look back trying to find out what was it. And not surprisingly, whatever it is, it's as tall as a little girl. And appears to have long hair.
hey guys im sorry for being so obnoxious but i have no friends here on vacation, but well im making new ones here

what do you think of my sig, is a picture i made myself, i call it looking at infinity
Quote :f im in a crazy mood i have to give an explanation of that 1% odd info, and that can be only through wild theories

OK take that of ghosts. I have seen a ghost, seriously.

Years ago a friend of mine died, I used to play paintball with him. He was tragically killed on a motorbike long before his time was due. After his death I didnt play paintball again until one day when a company I was working for organised a team bonding day...

On the first game I was really freaked out, to me the game was synonimous with my lost friend. I was in an emotional state. During the first game I gave what I guess I can only describe as a prayer to my lost friend, moments later I saw him stood at the end of the trench I was in shouting at me - in just the way he would, dressed in his paintball gear. I looked away and back again and he was still there, telling me to sort myself out and go take out the people behind that barricade.

I duly obliged, got up and ran to the barricade only to be shot out. I looked back and he was still there telling me i'm a stupid idiot - just like he would have done. I was still in shock from seeing my friend and trying to disblieve it. I looked away and back again and he was gone.

Now whether you believe he was sent down from up above, or whether my sub contious mind put him there because I had to resolve an issue, the fact is to me at least he was there - dressed as he would have been, talking as he would have been. He was as real as in any definition of the term in that I perceived him to be there and interacted with him.

It doesnt matter to me how the mechanics of it worked. Sure for some it would be enough to turn to God, but to me I just needed to see my friend and I did. How that happened I dont mind, but I got to see him again. That for me is all the explanation I need - sometimes knowing how something worked isn't the point. I'm just glad I got to see a ghost that day.
Quote from lerts :

in fact you know someone is crazy as soon as he mentions some conspiracy or cover up, i never do with my friends, thats why i love so much forums cause here i can really be myself

Lerts and the me have something in common.
Quote from lerts :im playing so much that i dream all night long i cant control the xrg, it wouldnt be bad if i could control it, but in my dreams is out of control all time, need to take breaks sometimes

I got that before, after getting the chicken pox two summers ago, for a whole month, I had to stay in bed. So I played a mixture of Red Dead Revolver and The Great Escape on PS2 pretty much non-stop every day. When I tried to go to sleep at night, I kept thinking that I was playing it, and waking up. Same thing happened the day GTA SA was released too.

Hasn't happened since, but it was really freaky
becky i think my sanity remains in doubt, when im convinced of the fantasy world i might be dangerous for others for being too crazy, when im convinced of the sad reality and dont have no faith in anithing dont believe a thing i become suicidal

it would be easy take the macho man road and say wel better hurting me than others and irresponsible take the crazy road, i find true sanity in questioning things, thats why i try to be agnostic

in my opinion religious people are delusional and atheist depresive maniacs, only sane people then are agnostics

ive read in a psychiatry book hallucinations are common they put the example of recently deceased people, many people see then, to me thats stupid, not that much people can be hallucinating, is like massive hallucinations, its a contradiction itself, when it happens so often maybe its not an hallucination, and i say maybe they say certainly
Funnily enough i'm agnostic, but I dont see it as rellevent to sanity - if anything i'm a thorn in your theory!

Quote :when im convinced of the fantasy world i might be dangerous for others

Over here we have a section 10 order for that, if you are a danger to yourself or others they put you on ward where you can recover and get the treatment you need, or at least, some form of treatment. You do get pumped full of drugs, but it does give you time to sort things out without the stress of the outside world or risk of endagering anyone.

Quote :when im convinced of the sad reality and dont have no faith in anithing dont believe a thing i become suicidal

It sounds to me like you put too much store into the great unanswerable questions. Ever tried just living?

Here's sommit I wrote for sommit else, not really prose or poem just a sortof modus operandi thing of how I want myself to live my life.
When something is right, enjoy it;
When something is wrong, fix it;
Fear nothing;
Never say never;
Be a good person;
Out-do yourself.;
Impress yourself;
Inspire yourself and others will follow.

Failing that, here's an odd little piece of prose I never published.
Never give up when you cant cope, even if things seem insurmountable,
Remember that there is ALWAYS hope, and you can hold it accountable!

Let tomorrow inspire you.

I think it's mentioned elsewhere here that I had "Hope" tattoo'd onto my wrist, it's a deeply personal thing really but the point is it's to remind me on my worse days that I do have good days too, that even when things suck so badly nothing seems wort it, that tomorrow can always be a good day. Especially if I make it a good day by living my life as richly as I can.

Or you could get emo over being little more than an ant in the cosmic makeup of the universe.
I found a way to disprove your theory lerts

Say I'm in a 5x5x5 metre room, with 6 feet of lead outside each wall, plus every signal, gps, etc. blocker in the room. Now, say I have my PC, and I play LFS. With that kind of protection, there's no way I can communicate with any outside forces to control another dimension. So wouldn't that make it plain 'ol LFS? Then what am I driving? A car in a computer game. So if I take the PC out of the box, it's still the same game. So how would I be controlling anything in another dimension, if I could just disconnect from the outside world?

And what would happen, if say, I was playing LFS on my laptop, and supposedly controlling another dimension, then ran into my big lead box (give it a seal-able door this time). What would happen the car I'm supposedly controlling in another dimension? And conversely, if I started a race inside my box, went half-way around the track, then left my big lead box, still driving, how would a car magically appear at 100mph at the back straight of Blackwood in the other dimension?

Also, if I make a new server, does that mean I'm opening a new dimension? I mean, I can't be using the same dimension as another server, as I can't see anyone else

And about the GTA: If I was controlling someone else in another dimension, look at this. Say I was doing a certain generic mission, where I had to protect a guy as we walked around for 30 mins. Now, say I killed him, in the game. Then restarted the mission. Kablamo, he's reanimated

Sorry lerts, but I just don't buy this theory. Another thread please
I think lerts has been reading Ender's Game.
The earth is a reality show... just like southpark

what if the advanced physics of the cars is due to driving real remoted control cars
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG