The online racing simulator
LFS Educational Movies
(129 posts, started )
Quote : Nice thread. How about "how not to panick, showing control and skill when something bad happens", which could be a blend of LFS footage, footage showing the guy behind the wheel, and one of those wonderful pedal shots showing the cool footwork.

is that how u spell Panic BOB? muhahahah :hihi:
ohh no wait!!!! do i feel a foreign joke coming on?

nice thread.. vids are very informative and will for sure help an LFS newbie
a video that is needed is how to slip stream past a fellow driver and making the move stick! so many times have i been slip streamed and then nudged of the track as the other driver couldnt slow down on time and decided to use me as a barrier..... sometimes the move just wont work and people need to be showed examples of when it will and when it wont...

@Zero7: greetings fellow Pompey inhabitant

mad
Get back to work, plebe
Quote from Matrixi :He propably has Look Function set to Steer, so your ingame head turns as you turn your wheel.

I know. I just asked because it looked somehow better than my own settings.

Quote from spankmeyer :FOV: 85
1g head tilt: maxed at 2 deg
1g lateral shift: halfway at 0.050 m
1g forward shift: halfway at 0.050 m
1g vertical shift: quarter at 0.025 m

Look function set to steer with sensitivity 1.50

Normally I use instant button look but set it to smooth while making these videos.

Ok, almost the same settings just a bit higher. Maybe it just looked so different because I haven't played LFS for couple of weeks.
#29 - ekze
spankmeyer, thanks for your work! May be very useful for newcomers.
#30 - Goop
Very cool idea and execution, looking forward to the sequels :up:
cant see them, i dont have quicktime lol
Uhh, you actually don't need Quicktime to view them.
You lost your interest? / when is the next movie coming?
I'm still in-between switching comps and haven't transferred the edit files yet. I need to do some real world work this weekend, but then I guess I'm unemployed again -> more time for LFS, ahem...
I updated the starting post too. Almost ran out of bandwith for March, but April 1st they are back online with smaller sized versions.
cant you just put them on lfs movies pit ?
Hopefully they will end up there after the whole series is ready.
try posting them @ youtube or somewhere else (lfs moviespit???), so it wont bother u, if 1 or 10000s are downloading ...
Hey mate
Doh meant this to be a PM
Quote from spankmeyer :These movies are not meant to be the iBible of Racing, but hopefully they'll shed some light for beginners about the proper conduct during online racing. These are really simple stuff, so don't expect any rocket science. Feedback , flames, death threats and corrections are very welcome! Enjoy if possible!

Movies so far: *offline for short time*
Part 1: Leaving the garage and entering session
Part 2: Pitting in and pitstops

Preliminary plans for sequels:
- Resuming race after a spin
- Start and surviving turn 1
- When I have a right to pass?
- When to keep your line and when to change?

Update: *new*
I'm taking the movies offline for a moment as I'm approaching my midget-sized bandwith limit per month. I'm doing a new parts pretty soon and I'll render all the movies down to smaller size.

Oh and if someone wants to host those files till 1st day of April, drop me a pm!

Hi

My first and not an introduction one. Well have you ever thought about distributing those files with bittorrent? It's completely legal and many people could participate and you wouldn't have to search for hosts.
You should put them up on youtube or google video. Free streaming for all!
I take it these are still offline? As a relative newbie, I'd like all the help I can get!
I'd like to see these!
I'm new to LFS and sim racing in general, I'd like to see these movies, you should post them at one of these sites like youtube, googlevideo or http://www.lfsnews.net/moviespit/

Thanks!
Also, if you still require hosting, I'll ftp them for you if you want.
(yes I maybe demo but I'm getting my skills before buying)
I would love to see 'em too.. anyone else hosting?
Yes, it would be great if some hosting solution could be made.

To me it seems that Google Video or Youtube (or some other free media hosting such as putfile) should work well enough?

That way no single person on here has to provide the bandwidth...

Another possibility would be to use bittorrent for the distribution...
Those videos would be very helpful to me... I'm just starting out and if I spin out and end up in the grass, I'm out of the race. Or if I just start spinning. Hope you find a new host.
Quote from EvilPenguin :Yes, it would be great if some hosting solution could be made.

To me it seems that Google Video or Youtube (or some other free media hosting such as putfile) should work well enough?

That way no single person on here has to provide the bandwidth...

Another possibility would be to use bittorrent for the distribution...

I have already offered to host them but the offer was gratefully declined
heyo
Fraps.

LFS Educational Movies
(129 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG