Just a CPU question
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Joe_R
Just a CPU question
i dont want to sound insane but, can Intel Celeron M 380 run LFS or any of the Celeron M series? cuz ive had trouble running it on this laptop all though i have a very powerful desktop at home(i just need the conforts of LFS when im on vacation during the summer) but anyways my laptop does load LFS and runs completly fine until either i stay on too long or too many cars on the server then the error boxes go off, soo im thinking if a clean install is worth(windows XP), i already did clean the vents and all but still no luck, and also i was thinking about getting a coolpad but will it help anygood? my graphics are up to date ATI Xpress Radeon 200M,

but if none of that works im gonna save up for a good laptop but im on a bargin and my limit is $650, seen a couple good ones but im not sure about em
It depends mainly on you cpu's speed
It depends mainly on you cpu's speed... (e.g. 3.20GHz)
Could you say how fast it is?
#3 - Joe_R
laptop is running 1.6 GHZ to be accurate
Quote from Joe_R :laptop is running 1.6 GHZ to be accurate

well... the cpu should be strong enough... what graphics card?

EDIT: opps you already answered that :P
well... it should be running it fine...
what type of error messages come up, some screenshots would be good
#6 - Joe_R
here ya go m8 hopefully these are useful

#7 - Jakg
Well if LFS crashed then i'd try re-installing LFS and checking your CPU's not overheating (I find Intel TAT works very well on my laptop).
#8 - Joe_R
well m8 i tried it but it doesnt work with my Intel Celeron M and i cant get no temp. read on it, and i already tried reinstalling but no luck is there a software i can use to monitor my CPU?
#9 - Jakg
Speedfan or CoreTemp should also work it out.
well m8 i got the software..tried CoreTemp..tells me some error but also SpeedFan cant read my CPU and the motherboard and laptop is a Toshiba
Attached images
man.JPG
You could try RealTemp, I believe there is support on the mobile Celerons with this program.
Hi Joseph, had a similar problem with mine. The problem is Intel's SpeedStep, I don't think you can turn it off but I solved mine by just running without a battery. Speedstep dropped my 1.5ghz to a small .7ghz so you might wanna give that a try.
#13 - Jakg
SpeedStep drops the clock speed when the CPU is IDLE. Run some load (i.e. Prime95, SuperPi, TAT etc) and then you'll see the CPU will go back to it's proper speed.
well Miniz i tried the software u made me try and i got this error
Attached images
flippin.JPG

Just a CPU question
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG