The online racing simulator
LFS Compatiblity With XP SP3?
(19 posts, started )
I would like to know if LFS is compatible with XP SP3. Because I am thinking of trying SP3, but, I don't want to try it if SP3 isn't supported. I know Vista is supported, so I am guessnig that SP3 is as well?

If you don't know what I am talking about, look at this link.
http://www.microsoft.com/windo ... indowsxp/sp3/default.mspx
Quote from NoYPiDRiFTER :I would like to know if LFS is compatible with XP SP3. Because I am thinking of trying SP3, but, I don't want to try it if SP3 isn't supported. I know Vista is supported, so I am guessnig that SP3 is as well?

If you don't know what I am talking about, look at this link.
http://www.microsoft.com/windo ... indowsxp/sp3/default.mspx

Have they fixed the bug so it supports AMD chips?

SP3 just adds protection you can get via sp2 auto-updater. It doesnt add anything, really, unless you are a hardcore programmer and need the crap that it adds.
I've been using SP3 ever since it was released, and I'm happy to say that LFS has no problems running on it (using AMD athlon xp, and now using intel core 2 duo). Remember that SP3 is mostly just security updates from after SP2 was released, and it only introduces one or two new features which most of us will never use anyway. Go ahead and upgrade, LFS will run fine.

The ONLY problem I've had with SP3 is that I can't print to my network printer anymore.
me use SP3 no problems at all
thanks
LFS + SP3 = works purrfect!
Works perfected. Only stupid software relying on IE6 doesn't work anymore properly on my PC.
I like SP3 'cause since update i get 4.5 fps more
#9 - dev
Quote from marzman :Works perfected. Only stupid software relying on IE6 doesn't work anymore properly on my PC.

Thank god there are alternatives to those crappy peaces of software
I don't trust M$... what's to stop them adding things that Gimp XP to make it run as slow as that new crap they are foisting on us?

no.. wouldn't put it past them..
Quote from dev :Thank god there are alternatives to those crappy peaces of software

There isn't.
There's people still using internet explorer?

....wow
Quote from Richie Cahill :There's people still using internet explorer?

According to the W3 Schools stats: IE 53.5%, FX 41%, Opera 1.7%. So there still are some few people using it...

Quote :....wow

Sry, a bit offtopic...
Quote from NoYPiDRiFTER :Try Mozilla Firefox, its awesome!

www.mozilla.com

Eh? i am using Mozilla (it's always Big Pimpin on my pc with Firefox and the Pimpzilla theme)

I've never used Internet Explorer, but i do use [b]stupid software relying on Internet Explorer[/]. Me and stupid software are two different things)
wich stupid software relying to ie6 are you using?
There are online games I can only run on IE and not in FF... That's the only reason I still use IE once in a while, and there is only one game I play so it's the homepage, so I don't accidentally browse other sites on it..
I have tried SP3 twice now, about 2 months apart (last one about a month back)...both have ended me having to repair windows XP via the disc because of failure to fully boot (it would BSOD just before entering the log in screen).

SP3 is a no go for me :P

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG