The online racing simulator
Guide: Making firefox faster!
(17 posts, started )
Note: This is only for broadband users or DSL users. It is for anything BUT DialUp

Here's something for broadband people that will really speed Firefox up. I'm sure that lots of people have already seen this, but just in case you haven't, it's worth doing!

1.Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter/return.

2. Modify the entries as follows:

Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"

Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to a large number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.

3. Lastly, right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.

If you're using a broadband connection, you should load pages a lot faster now!
wow great hint that was very useful.

Thumbs up and you all should try this
lol works greats very fast on wireless now
When Firefox 3.0 was realeased, they recommended that you should also go to content.notify.interval in the about:config menu and set it to the same number as nglayout.initialpaint.delay.
This is old news.. and that post is from like 10000 different websites. Opera Ftw
Doesn't 3.0 already have some of these settings by default?
Quote from R34king :This is old news.. and that post is from like 10000 different websites. Opera Ftw

so, some people obvious didn't know that here and that was helpfull for them..
#8 - bbman
Quote from Scrabby :so, some people obvious didn't know that here and that was helpfull for them..

Well, I did the same 3 years ago when FF still was 1... There were even batch-programmes which did it for you (QuickFox or something like that) for those too lazy or too uninformed to do it themselves...
Quote from bbman :Well, I did the same 3 years ago when FF still was 1... There were even batch-programmes which did it for you (QuickFox or something like that) for those too lazy or too uninformed to do it themselves...

}

Faster Fox , but for now is not compatible with FF3
Quote from Inouva :}

Faster Fox , but for now is not compatible with FF3

oh yeah it is, it just hasn't had it's xpi updated. Run Nightly Tester Tools to turn that annoying check off.
Errr just tried this and, if i'm being honest i didn't notice any improvement at all or maybe that should be

Is this speed up thing mainly for the inbreeds who still insist on using M$ XP or Vistarrrgh ?

(Linux rules btw )
Didnt notice any improvment, maybe because i already had fast internet?
thanks! this really works!
Indeed, I did not know about it, nor am I too lazy to go out and search for it myself. Just never thought about trying to make FireFox faster. Can't call it being too lazy to search when you haven't ever thought about it.....

Now, if only I had my internet at home. Calling them does no good, it's a self help menu. If that doesn't help, they want you to go online to the live help chat. DUH!!!! My internet is down and I can't go online to get help!!!

Disclaimer: I'm posting from work, not from my broken home internet...
oh the browser
Bad joke, lol.
Really helped.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG