The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Jertje :132 points for 2nd place in a 2330 strength field
Raced with Luke Mclean - that guy definitely doesn't have a passport from Earth; his average laptimes were almost faster than the fastest race-laps of anyone else.

I just got 80 points for 1st place on Skippy, with nice 0x incidents.
Started 2nd but the first guy was in a quite hurry and jumped the start by ~10sec.
(Next race wasn't that good, run out of resets on lap3 and had to withdraw)

Edit: Just had a Legends race on that Lowe's Legends course, it's such an awesome little track full of action. It's rather lowspeed, "straights" are really short and on corners you're doing only 60-70km/h. With Adv. Legends you really need good throttle control to keep nose pointed forward and it's important factor in going fast, unlike in faster oval it's mostly about turning left at the right moment. Was kinda funny watching people just spin over and over again on corner exit
just had my first race, at lime in the rookie solstice, servers obviously a bit quiet at 10am uk time and i ended up racing against dale earnhardt jr amongst others which was a bit of a mis match . still came 7th and had an incident free race (dale came 2nd, beaten by thomas hazard )
I've done my first Skip Barber quali and been thrown on a server with Greger Huttu . He won the session obviously with a lap faster by 2.7s than my best

Did I say that Skip@InfineonCup is a lot of fun? Yeah. Valid to at least practise and quali sessions, yet have to find out whether it applies to actual racing as well (have some concerns...).

BTW I've commited to one year subscription and about to focus mainly on road racing thus spent extra dollars on road content. Looking forward to race you guys eventually.
Quote from tinvek :just had my first race, at lime in the rookie solstice, servers obviously a bit quiet at 10am uk time and i ended up racing against dale earnhardt jr amongst others which was a bit of a mis match . still came 7th and had an incident free race (dale came 2nd, beaten by thomas hazard )

Wicked... Dale came 2nd when I raced him too... I think I came 8th but far from clean
Infineon is definately lots of fun, I've been driving almost non-stop. Too bad my results seem to rotate between top3 and last

Btw, just went past 1k laps milestone on road courses

Haha, was few laps into Skippy race and in the lead when connection goes completely down... wait some...wait some more.... go to shower...wait some more...finally it's alive again and I get back to the race, just in for final lap. Run one lap and finish 11th 14laps behind
Quote from Crommi :Infineon is definately lots of fun, I've been driving almost non-stop. Too bad my results seem to rotate between top3 and last

Btw, just went past 1k laps milestone on road courses

1k laps? damn, nice job
Anybody tried the Adv. Solstice on the Jefferson course, yet? Not my favourite kind of track, I must say. It's more like a very, very short Rallye stage than a road racing track. I'm really struggling to get into the mid 1:00s. And consistency is, well, I'm currently not even sure what that word means, tbh.
I can't remember what my PB is around limerock in the solskie...but I didn't find it hard to get back down to a low 104.1

I know thats what I qualified at, could have sworn I ran a high 103..doesn't matter much though seeing as I can't go for more than 1 lap without crashing into something around that damn track anymore...I was actually fairly consistent before, not I'm running into shit lol

I need to take it a bit slower, or just concentrate some more and less sliding around on the warmup lap it gets kinda frustrating doing 3/4 of a lap and having to reset because I felt like a little sideways action (its so much fun though)
oh man, if you hate the jefferson course in the solstice, give it a spin with the adv. legend car

I was just messing around and checking out the other road courses in the game, and its an awesome track with the little monster
Have been reading this thread for a while and couldn’t resist the temptation to give iracing a go. Thanks to Gil for the code

I’m making steady progress in the Solstice, got my PB at LR into the 1:04s now and running consistently. The Solstice is more fun to drive than I was expecting, and I particularly enjoy it because of the similarities with my MX5, which I am too frightened to take to a real track.

Hoping to get my SR up to 4 this week and then invest in a Skippy!

A couple of questions though, can anyone explain the colour coding on the ”relative” display? I think blue means 1 lap down, but I’m not sure about the others. Also, I assume it is not possible to save replays yet?
Quote from Nick A :
A couple of questions though, can anyone explain the colour coding on the ”relative” display? I think blue means 1 lap down, but I’m not sure about the others. Also, I assume it is not possible to save replays yet?

afaik it's like this:
Red - car is more than one lap ahead
Orange - car is a lap ahead
White - car on the same lap
Green -car is a lap behind
Blue - Car is more than one lap behind

And no replays can't be saved at the moment. Apparently replay structure is still being worked on (optimizations to reduce file size and hopefully increase precision).
Quote from Nick A :Thanks to Gil for the code

Hate to beg, but if anyone has a code available, I'm keen to give this iRacing thing whirl as well.

PM me if you can help!
Quote from spanks :oh man, if you hate the jefferson course in the solstice, give it a spin with the adv. legend car

I was just messing around and checking out the other road courses in the game, and its an awesome track with the little monster

Yeah, seems like the Legends car is more suited to such a Mickey Mouse course.

As far as LRP goes, I was struggling to get clean laps in at first after coming back to that track. I believe it's the psychological effect that you think you know the track and are reasonably fast at it. So you don't concentrate like you used to (also, personally, I can never really concentrate in practice sessions, I need the SR-threat to be clean and consistent). Once I had that figured out, I set a 1:04.1 with my previous best being a 1:04.4. I just had to force myself to concentrate on all I knew about that track and how to drive it. Took me 16 practice laps to get to that point.

And welcome Nick A.
Should any of you guys have some invites/codes left - please do send me a PM!

Just bought a G25 yesterday and I can't wait to test it in iRacing!
Quote from Linsen :Anybody tried the Adv. Solstice on the Jefferson course, yet? Not my favourite kind of track, I must say. It's more like a very, very short Rallye stage than a road racing track. I'm really struggling to get into the mid 1:00s. And consistency is, well, I'm currently not even sure what that word means, tbh.

I did, and was really a pain in the ass, but after two races and two time trials I kind of got the hang of it, just made it into the 59's, but there surely must be more time in it as some people were running mid 59's with ease. The last turn is especially tricky with the double apex, you have to brake early, but can let off the brake pedal and roll the car in to scrub off speed until you go by the last pole on the right, when you can turn in for the 2nd apex.
At least that's how I try to do it.

I have moved on to the skip barber now on infineon, fun combination. I think Crommi won the race I took part in at 7 pm, but at least I got the fastest lap and had an exciting race, almost got 2nd.

Viktor Szabo here, by the way.
Quote from csurdongulos :I have moved on to the skip barber now on infineon, fun combination. I think Crommi won the race I took part in at 7 pm, but at least I got the fastest lap and had an exciting race, almost got 2nd.

Yep, I've been on fire today: two wins, twice 2nd, one 3rd and 5th place finish.
Feels kinda good because I've never been one of those fast guys who run league races and so on.

On Infineon Cup you're so much better off starting from the left. It was second race in a row where Ricardo N. started from the pole but I managed to grab the lead from him before T1.

Edit: Tomorrow's goal: achieve 4.99 SR on road so I'll have maxed out SR for both licenses. (4.88 and 4.99 atm)
just had some more fun with the adv. legends on the lowes infield course

it would make an awesome go kart track...I assume thats what the use it for since its so narrow.

I got down to a 48.8

Its really a blast because you can crank the rear end gear all the way to 4.10's and have some nice tire spin action

It goes from bogging in 1st with the default setup to spinning a bit into 2nd when you shift

I really hope they get around to adding karts though, that would be fun :]

Its going to be hilarious on the forums once the legend road races start. "OMG 72 INCIDENTS LAST RACE AND NOW I'M BACK IN THE ROOKIE SOLSTICE WTFFFFFFFF!?!???"
I had a very uneventful first race in the skippy :\
I figure I'll need a lot of practice to be competitive for my current iRating, since I couldn't do much in this field of 24xx rating - I qualified 9th with 1.26 flat, and ended up on 8th position after a 0 incident race. It's very rare for people to crash out, so I have to work on my pace to keep up!

If anyone has access to a current-physics replay of a low 1.25 or even a 1.24, I'd appreciate it!, I find it hard to improve on certain bends.
Quote from spanks :
I really hope they get around to adding karts though, that would be fun :]

Its going to be hilarious on the forums once the legend road races start. "OMG 72 INCIDENTS LAST RACE AND NOW I'M BACK IN THE ROOKIE SOLSTICE WTFFFFFFFF!?!???"

They say karts are planned, who knows when, I wouldn't mind them also.

Also, that week 13 chaos won't affect your Safety rating AFAIK. I hope this is true because I plan on doing the 40 latemodels at Lowes .
thats cool about week 13, didn't know it was just a fun week like that

Just did some qualifying at LRP, ran a PB (iirc) of 13.999. Normally after I set a PB in qualy I just quit and go back to practice or just chill, but I was feelin good and decided to go one more lap

There needs to be like a direct upload to youtube feature in this game...seriously

I like the last pic haha, I has a hover car
thats funny. Wasn't expecting the last picture!!!! LOL
ohhhhhh god what an aweful race

I start 4th, and 2nd place doesn't move. First place jumped, and then decided to not move when the lights turned green.....

3rd and I dive for the same spot in the middle, crunching into each other.

I get in 2nd somehow. The car in front of me is lagging like a son of a bitch, and this is the first time I've experienced that...

First of all he was driving like a loon...and sliding all over the place. Pile that on top of the fact that apparently the game wasn't able to keep up with him, so he started darting back and forth when he would do funky things. I go off a bit on the 2nd lap and somehow it ****ed up the toe on my car. I brush the wall, but with the force that I touched it I could have just as easily run over a pebble and ripped the entire wheel off. The damage is a bit ridiculous at times.

To go in a straight line I'm holding the wheel at about 2 oclock, and it rendered me unable to make a proper right turn...convenient on LRP.

2 laps to go I go off in turn 1 all the way to the fence, seeing as I'm unable to turn right, and in the grass you can't do shit anyways. I get back on the track to find I have a flat tire...now at that point I had made it to 3rd and was lapping by myself at high 105's and 106s....I had figured how to drive it pretty well seeing as I just drove for 15 laps or so with a broken car.

So not only do I now lose my 3rd place finish, but I have 19 incident points and lose .14 off my rating...ashogioashoghasoghaoshgoahsgda
Great sequence of screenshots spanks, I especially like the comments you added
Quote from csurdongulos :

Then it was you I raced two days ago, was not sure about it but I am now..
So are you all people liking the iracing so far? I mean, the first one month invites are going old in few days and it's time to make up your mind wether to invest more monies into it or leave it all behind you.

I'm just downloading the new cars and tracks which I just bought along with the 6 month subscription.

Personally the biggest intentive to go with iracing for me was it being new. I just can't get any excitement or decent enjoyment from LFS, it just feels ...old. Learning new tracks and cars, new combos is something I haven't been doing for too long time. And driving the iracing cars is imho so damn fun. I know it's not good deal if you look at it on money-per-use basis but as a sim it's defenately on top, even if there are many areas where LFS and nkpro are better.

Anyone else extending their subscriptions?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG